Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Josh Rachele will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, apart from Dawson I didn't see most of our Leadership group show any leadership all season, especially Murphy (what a ****en joke), O'Brien and Smith.
Hinge, meh.
Only Keays and Fogarty can stand tall. Keays for his endless 100% efforts and best season for us and Fogarty for his much-improved year.
Both led by example.
100%

Mate, apart from Dawson I didn't see most of our Leadership group show any leadership all season, especially Murphy (what a ****en joke), O'Brien and Smith.
Hinge, meh.
Only Keays and Fogarty can stand tall. Keays for his endless 100% efforts and best season for us and Fogarty for his much-improved year.
Both led by example.

Murphy should be selling merchandise not playing football.

A bloke named Shaun/Sean came onto 5AA around 6.20pm and said there is a lot more to the Keane going for personal reasons, and it isn’t going back to Ireland. It will all come out over the next 3 weeks. He said it won’t put the AFC in a good light regarding selection integrity.

Could be an interesting September.
Hate to break it to some on here, but one of the “selection integrity” issues was a lot of players pissed off that ROB was dropped.

FFS. Rachelle’s contracted until 2029 or some such thing, and Curtin for another year. Keane may well ask for a transfer, but don’t make this into something it isn’t.
Yes this is why Josh Schache still plays for the Brisbane Lions

It is also why Lachie Neale stayed with Freo until the end of his contract...

Oh wait.

AYou made the comment now back it up.
Out:
Borlase (delisted unless we trade a tall defender out)
Nankervis (managed w shoulder)
Cook (needs to get near it at SANFL level to regain confidence)
Himmelberg (no more land of the giants)

In:
Murray, Dawson, Ryan, Worrell

Sub:
Murphy

Rachele lucky to survive

Rankine and Crouch back in the following week

Omissions:

Borlase
Berry
Murphy
Himmelberg

Survive only because we need one of them and the other is somehow worse:

Keane

**** him but you can't not play him:

Rachele

Don't think it's working anymore and when he was gone the other two looked better than they do with him so unless he is kicking bags he probably has to go for the sake of the future but need to balance that against losing too much onfield leadership but then again they did make Fog captain so in theory there should be some anyway:

Walker

Out

MURPHY x5
rachelle
Cook
Borlase
Jones
Himmeldorfer

Me paying $25 to watch in Indonesia

Team ethos - team first -yada yada yada

I watched Laird closely yesterday he has turned into the most selfish footballer for some time - doesn’t care where his kicks go as long as he gets a disposal, more damning he goes when he wants to -at one point a ball was centred it went past him with no real effort to get there and stop it - quite sad.

Rachelle the same how many times does he get get caught holding the ball because he wants to do more - I understand if you have flair use it but bugger me he is getting so frustrating to watch.

As a big fan of Cook -he’s cooked - classy when he has it but the issue is he rarely has it.

Murphy omg the only redeeming feature about him is that I can watch him and think “I could have played AFL”
3 weeks ago ^

Plenty more earlier

FFS. Rachelle’s contracted until 2029 or some such thing, and Curtin for another year. Keane may well ask for a transfer, but don’t make this into something it isn’t.
If a player wants out, then they'll request a trade regardless of their contract status.

It only becomes relevant in terms of asking price and the fact we can hold them to it if a deal doesn't eventuate.

Hate to break it to some on here, but one of the “selection integrity” issues was a lot of players pissed off that ROB was dropped.
I actually agreed with Kornes that ROB was made a scapegoat with his dropping. Not because ROB didn't deserve it, but because there were 3-4 more players that deserved it too, but Nicks was too concerned with altering our age profile to follow through.

So undeservedly, ROB was the only one who copped it when it should have been a group of 4 or 5 guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bloke named Shaun/Sean came onto 5AA around 6.20pm and said there is a lot more to the Keane going for personal reasons, and it isn’t going back to Ireland. It will all come out over the next 3 weeks. He said it won’t put the AFC in a good light regarding selection integrity.

Could be an interesting September.
Sean surely

At 1:31:20

Shaun knows

I don’t think it will blow up like he says but Keane will go and I fully expect Rachele to go too. Question mark on Curtin.

Sounds like Keane got roasted for that free he gave away after a goal and he's spat it

Pretty much made it sound like it's a split locker room right now and I can totally imagine another senior/youth disconnect because the old ways of doing things are so ingrained in one group and Nicks seems to put the experienced players on a pedestal.
Prob see what Hawks are doing and want a piece of that. We are literally anti-hawks right now playing seniors, couple of plodders, slow gameplan and frowning upon over celebration.

I actually agreed with Kornes that ROB was made a scapegoat with his dropping. Not because ROB didn't deserve it, but because there were 3-4 more players that deserved it too, but Nicks was too concerned with altering our age profile to follow through.

So undeservedly, ROB was the only one who copped it when it should have been a group of 4 or 5 guys.
So Nicks has upset the senior guys and p!ssed off the younger guys
I think we know how this ends

Plenty have suggested he get dropped over time, but the ones disagreeing with this decision are different people I’d suggest
I may have suggested he be dropped for form and effort earlier in the year, but dropping him NOW for THIS is completely idiotic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Back