Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Josh Rachele will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the feeling list management and Nicks aren't on the same page.
I don't think Nicks is on board with giving Tex and Smith contracts for next year
He’d be right though? I don’t think either of them should be. And I love Tex.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire Jenny

Strong unified clubs don’t have weeks like this
Look, you could be right. But it could also be as a direct result of the ridiculous media reports for the last two weeks. I’m betting it’s more to do with that than a fractured locker room.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire Jenny

Strong unified clubs don’t have weeks like this
Geelong made everyone forget the Stengle nightclub scenario after a week with how they handled it

If Nicks sticks around, people will be talking about this for months

It's clear this year they aren't able to contribute in a meaningful way.
Next year is only going to be worse
Interestingly Tex has averaged very similar goal per game stats to Fog of last year

Meanwhile fog has started to take control of the forward line with Thilthorpe joining him

Early season when TT was injured Tex was able to help take some heat off fog just by being out there , without him and it would have been Fog and Burgess / Himmelberg

With the soft cap on coaching it’s handy to have tex playing and being around , he’s naturally stepping back to let others step up while still performing a role despite being under duress

Retire smith , trade Laird

One of my favourite players but his time is up
He can barely run and I doubt he could bend over to tie up his show lace
He's a liability if he doesn't mark the ball
He's been here for the last 6 disastrous years, time to pass the batten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex isn't on list management but Tex is making sure Tex has a contract next year.

We have no leadership group, just a bunch of guys in roles, he still influences and he hates Rachele.
Is this intel or your own opinion? Given Walker's personality, I would have thought he would have laughed at Rachele pointing at his teeth.

I'm not usually prone to overly emotional outbursts, but this is an absolute ****ing disgrace.

Rachele dropped explicitly for "not putting the team first" by (a) celebrating a goal, (b) an unfortunate moment when he was given a terrible pass and tried to take the ball away from his opposition to have an unimpeded run towards goals, and (c) ??? anything else?

He's been one of our better players this year and should be a massive part of our future. Dropping him in the final round of the season robs him even of the opportunity to get redemption next week. This will burn in his guts for the entire preseason. Worst case scenario it poisons his love for the club completely.

And then, the cherry on top of the shit cake, with Rankine and Rachele out, we still don't manage to give a debut to Ryan who has been among our best SANFL players all year, or Edwards who has hit his straps in the last month. Instead we bring in Chayce ****ing Jones.

You're giving your supporters very little be excited about, AFC. If the AFLW season wasn't about to start, I wouldn't even bother thinking about the Crows again for the rest of the year.
Spot on but the sad thing is this is par for the course. There is no hope.

Imagine sitting in a serious meeting where Lachy Murphy and Reilly O'Brien are trying to talk to you about footballing.

And also coincidently the 2 guys that would make the team better if they were replaced and you wouldn't have to try too hard to do so.

We bring in the sub rule to even up games in the case of injuries...whilst the AFC starts 2 short every week.

Drop a guy for being a bit of a dick after kicking a goal but we will keep the guy in who had one uncontested possession and turnover when the game was on the line.

I have also heard that Tex is not Racheles number #1 fan.

You can see it on field, they rarely celebrate together
Wow not all players like each other , what a finding

Tex has nothing to do with selection , absolutely 0

If he did then Matt crouch wouldn’t have spent so long in the wilderness

Ever since that ****ing ridiculous power stance, this club has been chipping away at my tolerance.

Well congratulations AFC, this is now the lowest I've ever felt about the Crows.

There's a stink in the hierarchy in admin and a stench in the hierarchy in the locker room.

There's no fix until both are overhauled and the power brokers are pulled into line or given the arse.

I don't care who they are, our best players, board members, coaches, med staff, whoever. Those people who've had the power, official or not, who've driven this club to the bottom by allowing and maintaining elitist hierarchical behaviour that's facilitated everything that's shitty about the AFC. Get the **** out of this club.

How fabulously example-setting, by crushing the exuberance and confidence of a young player who could be a star of the AFL.

**** you to the pious arseholes who thought Rachele needed to be handed a lesson.

No. Double **** you.

Ever since that ****ing ridiculous power stance, this club has been chipping away at my tolerance.

Well congratulations AFC, this is now the lowest I've ever felt about the Crows.

There's a stink in the hierarchy in admin and a stench in the hierarchy in the locker room.

There's no fix until both are overhauled and the power brokers are pulled into line or given the arse.

I don't care who they are, our best players, board members, coaches, med staff, whoever. Those people who've had the power, official or not, who've driven this club to the bottom by allowing and maintaining elitist hierarchical behaviour that's facilitated everything that's shitty about the AFC. Get the **** out of this club.

How fabulously example-setting, by crushing the exuberance and confidence of a young player who could be a star of the AFL.

**** you to the pious arseholes who thought Rachele needed to be handed a lesson.

No. Double **** you.

No point repainting the house if you don't treat the wood rot underneath.

I've said it before, until this club and all those entrusted in its wellbeing make winning the priority nothing will change.

The worst part of Rachele's "lesson" is that team first principles were given as the reason by the very same people who put their own priorities ahead of the club.

The review of a few years ago accomplished nothing.

No. Double **** you.

No point repainting the house if you don't treat the wood rot underneath.

I've said it before, until this club and all those entrusted in its wellbeing make winning the priority nothing will change.

The worst part of Rachele's "lesson" is that team first principles were given as the reason by the very same people who put their own priorities ahead of the club.

The review of a few years ago accomplished nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Back