Preview Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 15/04/17 @ 7:40 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How tall do you want us to go? Going in too tall against Adelaide isn't a good idea
We need to go tall in defence and is Francis really a KPP?

Three changes for me.

Out: Langford (been a defender but was terrible), Baguley (was WOG for us... Slightly ahead of Langford), Hocking (probably harsh but he struggled badly)
In: Hartley (Need him for their 4 tall forward line), Bellchambers (Been excellent in the VFL three weeks in a row), Francis (just get him in)
What does our structure look like with those changes?

Not sure about TBC
Well he's been in our bests for literally every VFL praccy match, if anyone has earned their call up it's him.

In the end though I think we won't go with Francis and go with someone like Bird instead.

What does our structure look like with those changes?
4 key defenders (Ambrose on Lynch)
2 key forwards
2 rucks
14 small/mediums

Betts to kick 8 and then be rested at half time.
Cameron to kick 4.
Millera to have a break out game and kick 3 with 20+ touches.

Will be interesting to see how the coaches set up for this one. Our only hope is for Heppel, Watson,Zerrett and Parish to smash their mids.

Outs: Zaharakis, Maybe Stanton, maybe Langford, maybe Hocking, Kelly and all the old guys.
Ins: Jerrett, Maybe Dea, maybe McKenna, maybe slim pickings. Unfortunately no kids are showing enough to get a game.
HEEHEEHEEHEE

Out: Langford - in: Francis
Out: Brown - in: Hartley
Out: Baguley - In: Dea
Out: McGarth (earned a rest) in: Green (if fit)

Tempted to give Kelly a rest as well but is too important to the backline structure.

post-31901-Wayne-Garth-speechless-gif-Way-NwlU.gif

Cameron to kick 4.

Will be interesting to see how the coaches set up for this one. Our only hope is for Heppel, Watson,Zerrett and Parish to smash their mids.

Outs: Zaharakis, Maybe Stanton, maybe Langford, maybe Hocking, Kelly and all the old guys.
Ins: Jerrett, Maybe Dea, maybe McKenna, maybe slim pickings. Unfortunately no kids are showing enough to get a game.
willywonka_verucabadegg.gif

Cameron to kick 4.

Cameron is looking at a week or two on the sidelines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think this is unwinnable but it will be really tough. There is potential for a bit of an emotional letdown from them after a big win in the showdown. I still think their midfield whilst decent is a bit vulnerable. I also don't think we were able to show what we are really capable of against Carlton due to conditions.

Their forward line is obviously super potent and I think their defense is pretty good too. In the midfield I think they rely too much on Sloane and I would send Heppell to him to do a defensive matchup on him (not necessarily tagging just defensively accountable and work hard both ways). Sloane isn't super quick and won't expose him pace wise and Heppell is strong in the air and I think that's important vs him. Jacobs isn't near the player he used to be and I think Leuenberger and a second fwd/ruck will do fine.

I think all our super quick outside running players will be valuable in this matchup. One of them will need to go to Charlie Cameron if he's still playing because that guy has huge hurt factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back