AdelaidE?

Remove this Banner Ad

Arsene Wenger said:
Port Adelaide Is down at Alberton - Queen St Alberton to be exact - Chek it out its an impressive complex

Depends on what u wana do - ie go out etc....
impressive??? HAHHAHA...thats if you call toothless ferals impressive ;)

dA Crow said:
I went to Perth once, but it was shut. But seriously, you are going about this all the wrong way, was long as trolls like Total Package think Adelaide is a poor place to either live and visit then that is good; ask yourself do we really want people such as them to come here?
Exactly. The supposed ' problem ' of negative population growth will ensure our unique lifestyle is preserved for all our benefit, unlike Queensland, for example, whose explosive growth is ruining their once unique and enviable lifestyle.

arrowman said:
You could start by reading Murray Walker's autobiography. :cool:

Look - you can argue the merits of Melbourne vs Adelaide all you like, but it is basic knowledge in the motor racing world that the decision to move to Melbourne was purely a business deal and the teams, drivers and crews prefer Adelaide.

And Murray Walker is a formal representative of a Formula One team is he?
Whether the deal was purely business or not, which I know it WAS, does not have any bearing on which race is better or which the teams prefer.
I'm still waiting on proof that teams, drivers and crews prefer Adelaide.

Actually in 2001, since you brought up Murray Walker, he did say at the Australian Grand Prix that Melbourne puts on a better race than anyone in the world. Whether you want to believe him saying that is up to you, but I've never seen a person involved with a team or Formula One administration say that they prefer Adelaide, or Melbourne for that matter. Stop pulling facts from thin air.

For the best lifestyle QLD is number 1 by a mile, just a beautiful place, has the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, the islands, you name it. A very happening place where something is always happening and the chicks aint too bad.
NSW for nightlife, besides that I hate the place, good for a road trip but thats about it sorry.
Victoria for Sport, the chicks are pretty poor though and very multicultural if you like that kind of thing. Filthy city but I prefer it over Sydney.
Perth, great beaches but very disorganized and over-rated, Cottlesloe Beach is great and a great place to have a beer but I found the place to spread out and lacking charisma.
Darwin I like, minimal population but great for fishing, getting polaxed and the people are laid back.
Adelaide, best Pubs n chicks in Australia, some of the most sophisicated ppl you will meet in Oz and has style.Very well set up as you can get around Adelaide and see it all in a few days but like TP said they are behind the times and you need an Umbrella on the tarmac.
Being in my 20's Qld is number 1 and probably Vic no 2 as it's home to Australian Sport and no 3 would be Adelaide for it's style.

Captain Stabbin said:
Adelaide, best Pubs n chicks in Australia, some of the most sophisicated ppl you will meet in Oz

By sophisticated do you mean people like this:
john3.jpg

john7.jpg

People from Adelaide may recognise this man to be Johnny Haysman, and I'm told he is somewhat of an icon in Adelaide.

Every city has an icon. A special ambassador of what makes that city special. Adelaide has this great man Johnny.
If that's what makes Adelaide special, then I think my point is proven.

Yeah, a very sophisticated bunch.

Goauld said:
By sophisticated do you mean people like this:
john7.jpg

People from Adelaide may recognise this man to be Johnny Haysman, and I'm told he is somewhat of an icon in Adelaide.

If that's what makes Adelaide special, then I think my point is proven.

Yeah, a very sophisticated bunch.

:D I think the funniest bit is the people around him....its like they see a bloke dressed like that every day of the week in Adelaide... not even getting a sideway glance :D

He goes from state to state apparantly.. and you lot from interstate may think it's the only thing we have going for us, but it's probably because you are so busy havin' a look that you don't see anything else.

No we don't think it's the only thing you have going for us, because having some freak like that is hardly something to 'go for you' - I for one think South Australia and Adelaide have nothing going for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

AdelaidE?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back