Admin, Finance, Members, Ratings, Crowds, Policies - its the 2016 AFL v NRL v ARU v FFA v BBL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One good thing about the NRL GF day is that they telecast 3 games. The u20 game was amazing for the Roosters come from behind win. The state game was a one sided affair.
I'd like to see a curtain raiser game for the AFL GF.. Maybe organise the state leagues to finish earlier. VFL v WAFL premiers, & next year VFL v SANFL.
Just a thought.

And that makes it a clean sweep for the AFL this finals series finishing 9-0 in finals ratings. Crowd wise finished 7-2/8-1 (depending which one you compare WCE v WB with). Reckon that's an excellent finals series for the AFL with them pipping the top place on the ratings for 2016 I believe.

One good thing about the NRL GF day is that they telecast 3 games. The u20 game was amazing for the Roosters come from behind win. The state game was a one sided affair.
I'd like to see a curtain raiser game for the AFL GF.. Maybe organise the state leagues to finish earlier. VFL v WAFL premiers, & next year VFL v SANFL.
Just a thought.

From an organisational perspective, I wonder how hard it would be to play these games at Punt Road before the Grand Final and transition to the G for entertainment and the game.

Sun TV #NRLGF Nine Preliminary figures Metro 2,502,000 (Syd 1.0m Mel 609k Bri 678k Ade 100k Per 109k)

The Sydney number seems a bit odd - 1.0 precisely!

Good numbers as expected in Melbourne and Brisbane despite no team proving once again IMO as the world home of game, I mean even the Storm reserves and academy is based in QLD.

I watched some of it and as per usual I found it quite repetitive and 1 dimensional - but whatever floats your boat.

Sun TV #NRLGF Nine Preliminary figures Metro 2,502,000 (Syd 1.0m Mel 609k Bri 678k Ade 100k Per 109k)

The Sydney number seems a bit odd - 1.0 precisely!

Good numbers as expected in Melbourne and Brisbane despite no team proving once again IMO as the world home of game, I mean even the Storm reserves and academy is based in QLD.

I watched some of it and as per usual I found it quite repetitive and 1 dimensional - but whatever floats your boat.

Nines release has different figures for some reason.

1.059m for Sydney

Just a thought.
was the state game just NSW?

From an organisational perspective, I wonder how hard it would be to play these games at Punt Road before the Grand Final and transition to the G for entertainment and the game.

Play it at 10.30am at the G. Finish by 1pm. Plenty of time for the AFL to play their broken down old $million rockers in what they laughingly call their pre match 'entertainment'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play it at 10.30am at the G. Finish by 1pm. Plenty of time for the AFL to play their broken down old $million rockers in what they laughingly call their pre match 'entertainment'
Yes for Meatloaf but Sting is FAR from broken down. Probably healthier than you or me in his mid 60s, and can still sing and play like a motherf*cker.

All comes down to protecting the pitch. They already last minute pulled the crowd/dancers from being on the ground during the pre-game, so playing a game before hand would have ripped the ground up

AFLNRLGrandFinalTV2008-2016.png

All comes down to protecting the pitch. They already last minute pulled the crowd/dancers from being on the ground during the pre-game, so playing a game before hand would have ripped the ground up

Very much Doubt a game before hand would 'rip the ground up'. The ground is in great nick & is well maintained. Also the players tend to wear the moulded sole footy shoe these days. Not like the old boots at all.

Its interesting how often the 2 move in parallel. If AFL is up on the previous year, NRL will be as well. It shows something is effecting ratings beyond the game itself.

If it was just popularity of the teams, interest in the game etc, the 2 graphs would move independently of each other, but they do not.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back