List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise its Jars and his rumours are more quantity and your bound to get one right sort of thing, but he mentioned last night a top 15 crows player who is at this moment unsigned and local has had a big offer put in front of him from the Dee's. Only player I could of the top of head think about was Jaensch. Jars also believes this player will knock it back.

Of the unsigned LOCAL players it could only really be Jaensch. Lynch isn't a local. Lyons or Martin would be the other two but aren't top 15.

Shaun Mckernan
Jared Petrenko
Matthew Jaensch
Jarryd Lyons
Sam Shaw
Brodie Martin
Tom Lynch
Angus Graham
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Ben Rutten
Jason Porplyzia
Lewis Johnston
Luke Thompson

EDIT: Why didn't he just say the name Jaensch, it couldn't be anyone else!? Looks like Jaensch is starting rumours to get himself more cash or a longer contract. The club probably offered 4 years but he wants 8.

Last edited:

Of the unsigned LOCAL players it could only really be Jaensch. Lynch isn't a local. Lyons or Martin would be the other two but aren't top 15.

Shaun Mckernan
Jared Petrenko
Matthew Jaensch
Jarryd Lyons
Sam Shaw
Brodie Martin
Tom Lynch
Angus Graham
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Ben Rutten
Jason Porplyzia
Lewis Johnston
Luke Thompson

EDIT: Why didn't he just say the name Jaensch, it couldn't be anyone else!? Looks like Jaensch is starting rumours to get himself more cash or a longer contract. The club probably offered 4 years but he wants 8.

First Bernie, then Matty Jaensch. Looks like the Dees sure know how to go about making themselves a destination club.

Not sure on field succeds has anything to do with it, but if I'm a young bloke in Melbourne playing AFL, then I'm getting plenty of success off field with those 2.

Shaun Mckernan
Jared Petrenko
Matthew Jaensch
Jarryd Lyons
Sam Shaw
Brodie Martin
Tom Lynch
Angus Graham
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Ben Rutten
Jason Porplyzia
Lewis Johnston
Luke Thompson

First Bernie, then Matty Jaensch. Looks like the Dees sure know how to go about making themselves a destination club.

Not sure on field succeds has anything to do with it, but if I'm a young bloke in Melbourne playing AFL, then I'm getting plenty of success off field with those 2.

I think Michael Talia would be a priority for us. Actually been in great form in the VFL.

I think Otten for a Talia and a pick upgrade would work.
Talia might get delisted

Trading Andy Otten for Michael Talia when our main issue is our disposal, not actual defending. Moronic.

We've already got a young defender who can defend very well but can't dispose of it in big Kyle.

Trading Andy Otten for Michael Talia when our main issue is our disposal, not actual defending. Moronic.

We've already got a young defender who can defend very well but can't dispose of it in big Kyle.

I know Michael Talia is more of an attacking defender and gets a lot of the ball, but what's his disposal actually like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Otten is on $280k, not one of the highest by any means RFA because he has been at the club since we drafted him in 07 (8 years)
Except just being at a club 8 years is not the criteria to be a restricted free agent, it's 8 years and a top 10 earner. If he wasn't a top 10 earner after 8 years he would be unrestricted. Spelled out plain as day in the AFL rules I've already linked twice.

We know the rules. We are saying that we think the guy has the list wrong. Doesn't it strike you as strange that every single 8-9 year player on his list is a RFA? What do you reckon the likelihood is of every single one of those spuds being top 10 paid at their club?

To say that he is definitely top 10 paid because someone on bigfooty says he's a RFA next year is not just putting the cart before the horse, it's putting the whole city on the cart as well.

Do we just think he's a free agent because of some nuffy on Big Footy, or has the AFL released a list?

Correct.

Talia isnt his brother.
Hes got decent skills and a bit of a creative side.

Moronic? Settle down.

195cm mobile defender who offers a lot. Has had a falling out with the coaches at WB and wants to leave. Has been in good VFL form. Worth a sniff around.

Disposal has been scratchy but offers a lot as a nullifying defender. Doesn't seem to have some of the mental issues that Kyle has, but jury is out.

I'd say they're both equally important for us, we leaked goals like crazy on the weekend so defending should be pretty high up on the priority list, as should disposal which is what every team is after.

Talia isnt his brother.
Hes got decent skills and a bit of a creative side.
Michael Talia's skills are woeful.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3677&tid2=2&pid2=3888&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

And if you compare him to his brother, Daniel has slightly more disposals per game yet Michael averages almost double the amount of clangers.

Very simplistic, I know, however there is no denying that Michael Talia cannot kick the ball and IMO we already have that in Kyle Hartigan. You are blinded by the romance. We're better off looking for players who can distribute a bit - something we don't have.

I'd say they're both equally important for us, we leaked goals like crazy on the weekend so defending should be pretty high up on the priority list, as should disposal which is what every team is after.
Think you'll find though that the two best defenders (outside of Talia who went down) to match up on Josh Kennedy were not playing though. Agree both are important, but we kind of have defenders who can 'defend'. Just lack defenders who can attack and not turn the ball over for fun.

I think Michael Talia would be a priority for us. Actually been in great form in the VFL.

I think Otten for a Talia and a pick upgrade would work.
McKernan for M Talia makes more sense than trading Otten IMO.

Michael Talia's skills are woeful.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3677&tid2=2&pid2=3888&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

And if you compare him to his brother, Daniel has slightly more disposals per game yet Michael averages almost double the amount of clangers.

Very simplistic, I know, however there is no denying that Michael Talia cannot kick the ball and IMO we already have that in Kyle Hartigan. You are blinded by the romance. We're better off looking for players who can distribute a bit - something we don't have.

He hasnt played much AFL recently though.
He got told to go and work on his disposal and apparently his form has been MUCH improved in the VFL through this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back