List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 a little bit from left field.
Brent Reilly for Mark Jamar

Melbourne get a good ball user of half back and some experience into a young defence. They also move forward with Spencer Gawn and Fitzpatrick as the big boys.
We lose Reilly who is surplus and bring in an AFL quality back up ruck on possibly a 2 year deal.

Works well for both parties filling needs i think

Melbourne get a good ball user of half back and some experience into a young defence. They also move forward with Spencer Gawn and Fitzpatrick as the big boys.
We lose Reilly who is surplus and bring in an AFL quality back up ruck on possibly a 2 year deal.

Would Jamar really want to play SANFL though?
Thats the problem with getting an experienced backup, its almost a waste of an asset (whoever we trade) and the money we're paying them.
Id much rather get 2 young blokes through late draft picks or delisted rookies and have them play off for the back-up spot.

Put it this way, if Jamar was on our list this year he would've played a grand total of 0 games.

Would Jamar really want to play SANFL though?
Thats the problem with getting an experienced backup, its almost a waste of an asset (whoever we trade) and the money we're paying them.
Id much rather get 2 young blokes through late draft picks or delisted rookies and have them play off for the back-up spot.

Put it this way, if Jamar was on our list this year he would've played a grand total of 0 games.

With Spencer Gawn and Fitzpatrick he isnt going to play too many more in Melbourne either.
With McKernan and Graham both likely gone, itll be tough if anything happens to either Jenkins or Sauce for an 18 year old bean pole to come straight in.

2 year deal for Jamar to finish in his home state, we draft a 18 year old this year who will be ready to step up when Jamar packs it in.
It would also mean we could rest Jacobs for a few games a year. Maybe Jamar plays 5 games a year we we have, GWS, Sts, Melbourne etc.

He'll play this week.

My point was just because a guy isnt getting a game doesnt mean he wouldnt be handy to get.

Look at Sauce. Couldnt get a game at Carlton, lucky we didnt take that into account when recruiting him.

I'd like us to become a club that can turn an average player into a good solid AFL contributer.

My point was just because a guy isnt getting a game doesnt mean he wouldnt be handy to get.

Look at Sauce. Couldnt get a game at Carlton, lucky we didnt take that into account when recruiting him.

I'd like us to become a club that can turn an average player into a good solid AFL contributer.
Yeah, I just meant that Talia wouldn't (apparently, allegedly) play, but Lyon is close to being best 22 in his own right. Not just as an injury backup.

Dont be stupid. You know what I meant.
Just because a guy cant get a game doesnt mean he a) doesnt warrent one or b) isnt able to get better at another club

Pretty silly comparison

Lyons is a very inside mid, his hands matter more than his kick.
Talia is a running defender who can't play. He can't defend and he can't kick. In his position he needs to do both!!

Lyons has the tools he needs for his position and is being held out of the team by real quality and competition in his position.

Who exactly are the famous doggies KPD keeping Talia out of the side

There is no sensible comparison between Lyons and Talia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty silly comparison

Lyons is a very inside mid, his hands matter more than his kick.
Talia is a running defender who can't play. He can't defend and he can't kick. In his position he needs to do both!!

Lyons has the tools he needs for his position and is being held out of the team by real quality and competition in his position.

Who exactly are the famous doggies KPD keeping Talia out of the side

There is no sensible comparison between Lyons and Talia.

Its not a comparison.

Its just stupid to say a player is worth xyz because he cant get a game for a specific club.

Sauce couldnt get a game for Carlton behind spuds like Hampson and Warnock! Now he's the best Ruckman in the league.

Tom Mitchell cant get a game at Sydney but there are 17 other teams that would kill to get their hands on the kid.

Its not a comparison.

You're right its not.

Its just stupid to say a player is worth xyz because he cant get a game for a specific club.

What's stupid is ignoring the rest of the point. Can't kick can't defend
What's just as stupid is ignoring who is keeping a player out of the team

Your argument has too much stupid in it for me. I'm going leave you with it

You're right its not.

What's stupid is ignoring the rest of the point. Can't kick can't defend
What's just as stupid is ignoring who is keeping a player out of the team

Your argument has too much stupid in it for me. I'm going leave you with it

How the fk do you know if he can kick or defend. He's been working on his game in the VFL all year.
Presuming you dont keep tabs on that? But you sure talk like you do...

Ok genius, whats your solution to our KPD woes?
M Talia isnt the answer, but he'd be a handy, free backup.

Prefer Brent Reilly for Jack Fitzpatrick or Jake Spencer tbh. Jamar's a 1st ruck quality player and would carry those wages with him. Too many $$$ on a second ruck. Fitzy/Spencer are genuine depth rucks who can perform if required and wouldn't be on serious cash. Both behind Gawn as Melb 2nd ruck too.

Though I think if we got anything for Reilly it'd be a win tbh.

GC already only have 40 listed players, and they'll lose Brown, Bock & Hunt already at the end of the year. They don't need to turnover anyone.

Yeah sorry, they cut it to 40 this year. Though it says they need to cut it to 38 for 2015 in this article?

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2013-09-02/gc-suns-list-changes

GoldCoastFC.com said:
GC SUNS List Size
2011 – 48 senior list
2012 – 46 senior list
2013 – 42 senior list
2014 – 40 senior list
2015 – 38 senior list, in line with other AFL Clubs.

Isn't the standard senior list size that all clubs have 40?

Prefer Brent Reilly for Jack Fitzpatrick or Jake Spencer tbh. Jamar's a 1st ruck quality player and would carry those wages with him. Too many $$$ on a second ruck. Fitzy/Spencer are genuine depth rucks who can perform if required and wouldn't be on serious cash. Both behind Gawn as Melb 2nd ruck too.

Though I think if we got anything for Reilly it'd be a win tbh.
Anything of value - not more deadwood like Gus though...

It's 38-40 players on a list, with 4-6 rookies. There is no veteran's "list", they just get extra money allocated.
NSW/QLD clubs can have up to 9 rookies.

Carlton, Sydney, Richmond, Pies all running at less than 40 senior players this year.

Unhealthy obsession with the coaches in here.
Danger is the one that decides whether he's fit to play....whether you think so or not.
He is also the one that wants all the media hype. He loves the cameras.

No shit. But that's exactly the problem. Coaches are the parents in that situation.Put the foot down. Don't let him play when he's injured. If a coach can't even do that he is worse than useless. Starts becoming a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back