List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So is Trengove just about a done deal then?
Very good to know more about McDonough from a Tigers fan. Sounds like a future Matty Wright to me. Do we need another one of those?
I think he wants to stay a melbourne player but is considering a move to richmond over the weekend but looks like from the clubs point of view that both clubs seem reasonably happy with the deal Trengove +#23 for #12

Interested in Jarryd Lyons from the Crows, What would he be worth as draft picks always liked the kid and was hoping we would look at him
is he more inside than outside / whats his speed like i have seeen a bit of him but always good to get a supporters view

SO have we reached any consensus on what type of player we will draft with pick 10?

IM torn, our pressing need is a KPD however a silky smooth quick outside mid would be very tempting...
Have to go best available midfielder IMO.

Unless you have a top 3 pick and there are a couple of standout big guys, the lowest risk option is to go with a mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he wants to stay a melbourne player but is considering a move to richmond over the weekend but looks like from the clubs point of view that both clubs seem reasonably happy with the deal Trengove +#23 for #12

Interested in Jarryd Lyons from the Crows, What would he be worth as draft picks always liked the kid and was hoping we would look at him
is he more inside than outside / whats his speed like i have seeen a bit of him but always good to get a supporters view
Plays a different game to McDonough but is in a similiar situation career wise. I reckon the Crows would value Lyons as highly as the Tigers do Matt.

Scott Thompson mkII, dead-set plodder in the pace department but he has an uncanny knack for finding the footy.

has only found himself on the outer with us because our midfield is too one-paced already. I really rate him and I'd be surprised if he hasn't been approached by other clubs.

EDIT: is also a very good decision maker.

Scott Thompson mkII, dead-set plodder in the pace department but he has an uncanny knack for finding the footy.

has only found himself on the outer with us because our midfield is too one-paced already. I really rate him and I'd be surprised if he hasn't been approached by other clubs.

Has looked quality when on the HFF as well.

Hopefully now that clueless SANDO is gone, Lyons sticks with us.

Sounds like Trengove wants to stay in Melbourne. Fair enough. He'd be a good get for you guys when fully fit.

Jarryd Lyons is definitely more of an inside clearance winner, than an outside player. Was used a little bit up forward this year and can definitely find the goals. But will become predominantly a midfielder once settled in the 22. He's not quick, but no slouch. He completely dominates the SANFL level here. 30 plus possessions everytime he plays. It's a good comp too, but just can't cement a spot in our team with Thommo, Danger, Sloane, Crouch and Douglas in there. Would be interesting to see how Phil Walsh develops him if he stays but it appears as if he's being shopped around.

What's Jarrad Lyon's worth? Interesting one. Many people in here seem to think St Kilda is into him at pick 21. I personally think he's a late 20's or early 30's draft pick. If Sando played him more, and he wasn't the sub, then he'd demand a pick in the top 20. But coming off two years now as a fringe player, it's late 20's or early 30's for me.

Lyons is a clearance machine who is too good for the SANFL.

However he has had trouble breaking in for 2 reasons;

1. We have a number of similar players ranked higher; and
2. Seemed out of favour with Sando.

When he was given a chance it was inevitably as sub, or as a half forward with only a rare glimpse of the midfield.

The knock is his pace, however most here believe that, given a fair chance and played in position, he will succeed.

I think most of us would just like to see how he goes now Sando is gone.

Pretty much spot on with Lyons, although isn't the physical specimen that Thompson is. However he is a natural at reading the ball around the stoppages and is generally very clean and makes the most of his touches in close. Can also go forward and kick a goal or two.

Is quite slow though and has the tendency to spray the odd kick whilst on the outside.

Certainly suffered from our over preponderance of one paced, inside midfielders.

Pretty much spot on with Lyons, although isn't the physical specimen that Thompson is. However he is a natural at reading the ball around the stoppages and is generally very clean and makes the most of his touches in close. Can also go forward and kick a goal or two.

Is quite slow though and has the tendency to spray the odd kick whilst on the outside.

Certainly suffered from our over preponderance of one paced, inside midfielders.

Now that's a great piece of vocab! :cool:

Has looked quality when on the HFF as well.

Hopefully now that clueless SANDO is gone, Lyons sticks with us.
Is a good overhead mark. Kicked goals when rotating through mid and forward lines. Was a step above in the two's and gathered a lot of possies. Scott Thomson like.

Whatever happened to Tayte Pears?

He was never rubbish but seems to have fallen off the face of the AFL. Injury?
Yeah I've thought we should look at him, can play but has been hampered by injuries..
Got one injury free season a couple of years ago and was good, more injuries again this year..
Carried something with his heel that was rubbing on tendons through the year and they finally put him in for surgery later in the year..
Would come pretty cheap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back