List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Richmond are offering pick 12 - we should walk away.

Jack Trengrove ability warrants a pick between 8 and 14 but his injures have to lower that to a pick between 20 and 30.

Lyons to St Kilda, Trengove to Adelaide and pick 21 to the Dees is the way I see it. Anything above that would be a massive gain for the Demons.

I dearly wanted us to get Trengove back to Adelaide after his first term with the Dees before it was too late.

We didn't and its too late IMO. He's been poorly developed, has foot injuries and is basically not much more than an honest plodder these days.

If Richmond want to burn pick 12 so be it - very keeping in with their tradition I'm afraid - but I definitely don't want to lose our pick 10 for Trengove.

2nd rounder at best these days I'm afraid.

Adelaide (Picks 10, 31, 50, 68, 86, 104, 122)
Lyons to Melbourne, St Kilda (Lyons rumoured to have asked for a trade back home)

Brisbane (Picks 5, 21, 25, 44(F/S), 63(F/S), 81, 99, 117(F/S))
*Patfull to GWS (Has signed with GWS)
Merrett to Adelaide (Brisbane shopping him around, Spotted at Adelaide airport)
(D) Raines to Collingwood (Linked to Collingwood)
Leunberger to Adelaide (Due to the emergence of Martin, Brisbane may look to trade him)
(D) Polkinghorne to ? (Delisted, but looking for another chance)

Richmond board really wants Trengove, doesn't want to lose McDonough. Sounds like this is the time to go in and get the latter and avoid the former like the plague.

What is with Richmond and North's trading? Harks back to the 70s for goodness sake. You can't just buy a team of decent but not great players and expect them to win a premiership.

Would love Leunberger but at what cost and where will he play?

Isn't he a ruck only type player? not a natural forward.

Would love Leunberger but at what cost and where will he play?

Isn't he a ruck only type player? not a natural forward.
You picked up the part I meant to target. IIRC he's pretty good around the ground and linking up through the middle?

You picked up the part I meant to target. IIRC he's pretty good around the ground and linking up through the middle?

Leuenberger is a very promising ruckman who can also get a bit of it in field play. Not overly suited to resting up forward.

Very good player who wouldn't come cheap - or shouldn't. I do like him as a player but he's not really the answer to what we're after which is a back-up ruckman who can rest up forward.

I think the Trengove deal hasnt been properly posted on here or that people have not really looked or read the article posted by the Melbourne football club.
I thought i might just clear a few things up.

Trengove + #23 traded to Tigers for #12 ( richmond moving down 11 positions not straigt out #12 for trengove)
Jack trengove had a medical at punt road on friday and toured the clubs facilities and met coaches & players (bulltish about him failing the medical)

McDonough - The story is that the crows were really into him last year and tried to trade for him, Not sure if that continue's but hasnt signed a contract yet and we all rate him highly ( Kind of plays a bit like young Chappy i believe) i dont know if he can be as good but is a player

McDonough - Played out of position ...... Dimma and the coaches know he is a foward / mid but he was extremely 1 way and no defence, Kids that are good fowards at junior level are usually like this and the coaches have decided that he needs to learn to be accountable and more defensive so thats why he has been played off half back but in 1-2 years can really see him being best 22 playing small fwd/ Mid rotating - Dont want him to leave, could be anything this kid

I think the Trengove deal hasnt been properly posted on here or that people have not really looked or read the article posted by the Melbourne football club.

Trengove + #23 traded to Tigers for #12 ( richmond moving down 11 positions not straigt out #12 for trengove)
Jack trengove had a medical at punt road on friday and toured the clubs facilities and met coaches & players (bulltish about him failing the medical)

McDonough - The story is that the crows were really into him last year and tried to trade for him, Not sure if that continue's but hasnt signed a contract yet and we all rate him highly ( Kind of plays a bit like young Chappy i believe) i dont know if he can be as good but is a player

McDonough - Played out of position ...... Dimma and the coaches know he is a foward / mid but he was extremely 1 way and no defence, Kids that are good fowards at junior level are usually like this and the coaches have decided that he needs to learn to be accountable and more defensive so thats why he has been played off half back but in 1-2 years can really see him being best 22 playing small fwd/ Mid rotating - Dont want him to leave, could be anything this kid
Thanks for the info:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Great post - many thanks for that

Forget Seb Tape. He is happy as in the GC. Don't think he has plans of ever coming back. Same with Day.

Gorringe though is well and truly on the outer. Depends if we want to be the Gorringe Football Club though. Rates himself.
I'm mates with Sebby, and even though he has a house up on the GC now, his family and friends are all still here in SA. I've never asked him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ever moved back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would certainly leave us a little more covered in terms of talls. Hannah is a reasonable back up ruck for Jacobs, would make sense considering he's behind Sandilands, Griffin and Clarke, plus potentially Apeness.

By the sounds Grimely has talent, but potentially has McKernan written all over him, but again we need KP depth, so not a bad choice, especially if it costs us merely a swap in late round picks.

The delisting of Petrenko and Johnston on Friday to me suggests that we've got a few deals essentially done and were only holding onto those 2 in case those deals went sour.
Couldn't agree more with your last point, Adelaide rarely delists this many players before the conclusion of trade period, so I'm guessing we are just finalising the details on 2 or 3 deals.

Reading the rumours thread on the trading board, sounds like Lowden has done a medical at Essendon, with Geelong and GC the other two interested clubs. Doesn't sound like Adelaide are into him anymore.

SO have we reached any consensus on what type of player we will draft with pick 10?

IM torn, our pressing need is a KPD however a silky smooth quick outside mid would be very tempting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back