List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally dont see the point in giving up a pick that could be used in something else (3rd rounder) for giles. might as well just rookie someone. we're likely to see the backup barely play, if at all, so why really gives something up? and it's not like giles can play well as a forward.

seems a bit pointless to me.

SO have we reached any consensus on what type of player we will draft with pick 10?

IM torn, our pressing need is a KPD however a silky smooth quick outside mid would be very tempting...

I think we must hold onto that pick 10 at all costs. There could be a gem there. Dangerfield and Davis were pick 10's!! But...Angwin and Meesen were 7 and 8, so you just never know.
Would love to see a kid with outside speed drafted here. But I think that'll only happen if we find a defender in the next few days, though. If not, then it's possibly going to be used for Durdin. Laverde and Ahern are described as really pacey mids. Get them in there ASAP if we don't nab a defender.

I think the Trengove deal hasnt been properly posted on here or that people have not really looked or read the article posted by the Melbourne football club.
I thought i might just clear a few things up.

Trengove + #23 traded to Tigers for #12 ( richmond moving down 11 positions not straigt out #12 for trengove)
Jack trengove had a medical at punt road on friday and toured the clubs facilities and met coaches & players (bulltish about him failing the medical)

McDonough - The story is that the crows were really into him last year and tried to trade for him, Not sure if that continue's but hasnt signed a contract yet and we all rate him highly ( Kind of plays a bit like young Chappy i believe) i dont know if he can be as good but is a player

McDonough - Played out of position ...... Dimma and the coaches know he is a foward / mid but he was extremely 1 way and no defence, Kids that are good fowards at junior level are usually like this and the coaches have decided that he needs to learn to be accountable and more defensive so thats why he has been played off half back but in 1-2 years can really see him being best 22 playing small fwd/ Mid rotating - Dont want him to leave, could be anything this kid

Thanks. So is Trengove just about a done deal then?
Very good to know more about McDonough from a Tigers fan. Sounds like a future Matty Wright to me. Do we need another one of those?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we must hold onto that pick 10 at all costs. There could be a gem there. Dangerfield and Davis were pick 10's!! But...Angwin and Meesen were 7 and 8, so you just never know.
Would love to see a kid with outside speed drafted here. But I think that'll only happen if we find a defender in the next few days, though. If not, then it's possibly going to be used for Durdin. Laverde and Ahern are described as really pacey mids. Get them in there ASAP if we don't nab a defender.
Add Jarrod Pickett to your pacy mids list.;)

personally dont see the point in giving up a pick that could be used in something else (3rd rounder) for giles. might as well just rookie someone. we're likely to see the backup barely play, if at all, so why really gives something up? and it's not like giles can play well as a forward.

seems a bit pointless to me.

Agree with this. Giles want to play somewhere where there'll be more opportunities for him. He'll only play if Jacobs goes down. Would rather persist with Jenkins and grab a young ruckman from the SANFL to rookie list.
I think Lowden is the one though that has more KPF potential. Hopefully we're into him.

Thanks. So is Trengove just about a done deal then?
Very good to know more about McDonough from a Tigers fan. Sounds like a future Matty Wright to me. Do we need another one of those?
He certainly doesn't look like a future Matty Wright. A highlights reel was posted last night. Worth a look.

Don't agree that Wright is expendable... especially under Walsh. Walsh talks as team-orientated. Players that work for the team. Looking for those 1% players. Wright is the most team-oriented player we have. He lays the shepherds, when most other guys don't. He makes space for the our other flashy players etc.
These acts do count against him to the common football observer as they are less often noticed.

Having said that though, I think he has to be in form to keep his spot. Some of his disposal and options were poor this year.

But I think Walsh will appreciate his work ethic and give him a crack early to keep his spot, and to show the others what extra 1% are expected to be in the team.

Wright's worst effort was that over the head handball that Luke Ball just grabbed and went straight past to kick a goal. I don't why he does that shit in some games but then he's super smart and quick thinking in others. Definitely keep him out of the back line either way.

Add Jarrod Pickett to your pacy mids list.;)

Would be great if he was there at 10. I don't think so though. Carlton have pick 7 and might take him with that because their midfield is dead slow. Gold Coast don't need him, they've got a heap of pace. Collingwood are tied to Darcy Moore...so maybe if Carlton go with someone else, we're a chance.

Two of our better KPD's - Bock and Rutten - in recent times started out as forwards. Perhaps we need to consider some trades of that type for our future KPD's?

Would be great if he was there at 10. I don't think so though. Carlton have pick 7 and might take him with that because their midfield is dead slow. Gold Coast don't need him, they've got a heap of pace. Collingwood are tied to Darcy Moore...so maybe if Carlton go with someone else, we're a chance.

Carlton have a lot of issues. For example KPP. I'm actually more concerned that they'll take Durdin, not Pickett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back