List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've thought we should look at him, can play but has been hampered by injuries..
Got one injury free season a couple of years ago and was good, more injuries again this year..
Carried something with his heel that was rubbing on tendons through the year and they finally put him in for surgery later in the year..
Would come pretty cheap..

Show cause notice?

Not exciting enough to be fixed on McDonough to make comments

We are well stocked in similar style players! Not a need.....

If he is going to be a superior player than what we currently have, we must find a way to sign him and then he becomes a need. Once he is on our lisat, we then assess who isn't needed and then we move on that player.

Possession or placement on the list can not be a good enough reason not to recuit some one.

Not exciting enough to be fixed on McDonough to make comments

We are well stocked in similar style players! Not a need.....
If you saw his kicking skills you would maybe think otherwise? Our ability to hit targets has been poor. Apart from Smithers and a couple of others who are great kicks we are lacking.

If he is going to be a superior player than what we currently have, we must find a way to sign him and then he becomes a need. Once he is on our lisat, we then assess who isn't needed and then we move on that player.

Possession or placement on the list can not be a good enough reason not to recuit some one.

Fair point but it doesn't sit right with me unless we are planning to move wright and let Lyons leave for further opportunities

Very accurate, can kick 55M+ , can move up the ground and play as a defender if necessary can and take an ok 1 on 1 mark.

But is too soft and lazy he could of been a good player if he wanted to work harder , still could be being delisted might of woke him up a bit.
It's dissapointing isnt it, there's something about a left footer who van actually score..... I really believed he would step up this year, but was a real letdown!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some guy from the ACP the forum on FB has said that Schoenmakers has been told that he is going to be traded due to the cost of bringing in O'Rourke, Shoey is devastated and his manager is in talks with Adelaide and Fremantle at the moment. Apparently the herald sun is going to run this story tomorrow in the paper.

Jarryd Lyons is definitely more of an inside clearance winner, than an outside player. Was used a little bit up forward this year and can definitely find the goals. But will become predominantly a midfielder once settled in the 22. He's not quick, but no slouch. .

Disagree big time on JL's pace, he is dead set slow for a player of his size and physique and really needs to get with a "running" coach in the off season and see if he can improve in that department because that is probably going to be his achilles heel when it comes to being in the best 22. For mine like a lot of our players over the last 2 seasons he probably needs to work on the defensive side of his game as well.

Some guy from the ACP the forum on FB has said that Schoenmakers has been told that he is going to be traded due to the cost of bringing in O'Rourke, Shoey is devastated and his manager is in talks with Adelaide and Fremantle at the moment. Apparently the herald sun is going to run this story tomorrow in the paper.

Might get him for bugger all in that case!

Freo are a bit thin there as well so it may come down to a bidding war.

Pick 10 I bet they will ask for?

I'll believe it when I see it. Wasn't Friday the day that it was definitely going to be announced that Dangerfield was going to Melbourne?

I really wonder how long teams, players, managers need to get this period sorted. I know a lot goes on behind the scenes, but if a week was allocated for Free Agency and trading combined would it really block any trades getting done? Seems a lot of stuff gets done earlier these days anyway (clubs speaking with managers during the year etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back