List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Schoenmakers, Giles, McDonough and keep pick 10. Would that be a satisfying trade period for us?

Would be pretty good. Given that we've landed no "big fish" it also means we haven't given up much to land those players. Schoenmakers is still young for a KPP and has potential. McDonough is a bit of an known quantity but I like the sounds of us having another "elite kick" on the list. Giles is solid back up for Jacobs. Recruit some pace with pick #10 and i'd be pretty stoked.

Re-sign Danger, Sloane and Walker prior to season starting and i'll be over the moon! :)

So Schoenmakers, Giles, McDonough and keep pick 10. Would that be a satisfying trade period for us?
Not sure how you're counting that as a win for us. Pick 10 would be overs for all three of those players in a package deal.

A trade week 'win' for us would be getting a good player to fill one of the gaping holes in our best 22. Like if we got a decent key defender (ie not Schoenmakers).

Two of our better KPD's - Bock and Rutten - in recent times started out as forwards. Perhaps we need to consider some trades of that type for our future KPD's?
Could Aaron black play as a chb?

Not sure how you're counting that as a win for us. Pick 10 would be overs for all three of those in a package deal.

A trade week 'win' for us would be getting a good player to fill one of the gaping holes in our best 22. Like if we got a decent key defender (ie not Schoenmakers).
He didn't say to use pick 10 for those 3. He said he we got those 3 and kept pick 10.

Not sure how you're counting that as a win for us. Pick 10 would be overs for all three of those in a package deal.

Problem is that teams aren't willing to give up KPD defenders , so we have to look at other options i.e schoenmakers

Not enough additions in the defensive department,

Also i feel we will need to find a tall forward that can pinch hit in the ruck even if they are under developed

We should be all over young Tom Read from the Sturt FC with a late pick or a rookie place on our list.

Bio :

Tom Read (Sturt)
Born 18.7.1996, 200cm, 92cm
AFL biography:
Ruckman/tall forward who is still developing. Averaged 12.6 disposals and 5.4 marks at Under-18 level with Sturt.
Brenton Phillips, SANFL: "Tommy has a lot of health issues as a junior, to the point where it was a bit like chronic fatigue. We didn't take him to the under-16s because of that, but he's come out the other end, albeit not as fit as he'll be with a preseason and a chance to get his body really fit. At 200 centimetres he takes the ball below his knees as well as I've ever seen and he likes to chase and tackle. He has a nice, soft ruck tap on him and he can sustain long efforts. I look at him and see a young Paul Salmon in that he can play full-forward and kick the ball well. And as he gets older, he'll make a very nice ruckman."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't consider what the Cronulla guys got in trying to figure out what Essendon players will. Cronulla didn't have a program in place for as long and as comprehensive as Essendon did. Unless the players totally hang the coaches and other staff out to dry I think the penalties will be a lot longer than a couple of games.

So...are you saying the full 2 years???

If we managed those trades and filled those needs in the draft would you then be happy?

A good defender/tall would take a while to develop. We need a lock down defender now.

If walker or JJ goes down we need a backup now seeing LJ is gone and Lynch is no certain backup

Not sure how you're counting that as a win for us. Pick 10 would be overs for all three of those players in a package deal.

Don't see any better than Schoenmakers available this trade period. Merrett too old. Davis won't budge from Giants. Is there anyone you realistically think is better...and available?

We should be all over young Tom Read from the Sturt FC with a late pick or a rookie place on our list.

Bio :

Tom Read (Sturt)
Born 18.7.1996, 200cm, 92cm
AFL biography:
Ruckman/tall forward who is still developing. Averaged 12.6 disposals and 5.4 marks at Under-18 level with Sturt.
Brenton Phillips, SANFL: "Tommy has a lot of health issues as a junior, to the point where it was a bit like chronic fatigue. We didn't take him to the under-16s because of that, but he's come out the other end, albeit not as fit as he'll be with a preseason and a chance to get his body really fit. At 200 centimetres he takes the ball below his knees as well as I've ever seen and he likes to chase and tackle. He has a nice, soft ruck tap on him and he can sustain long efforts. I look at him and see a young Paul Salmon in that he can play full-forward and kick the ball well. And as he gets older, he'll make a very nice ruckman."

We'll Done on this post..

Agree in this for a development player, but feel we need someone a step closer

Good suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back