List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...are you saying the full 2 years???

Who knows really, but the Cronulla backdating was looked at very closely by WADA and they weren't happy with it, but let it stand because the delays were caused not by Cronulla. For Essendon, the delays have been caused mostly by them and not ASADA. I know the AFL would prefer to have minimal impact during the season, but for ASADA and WADA their preference is for 'in competition' penalties as much as possible.

Don't see any better than Schoenmakers available this trade period. Merrett too old. Davis won't budge from Giants. Is there anyone you realistically think is better...and available?
My preference would be Tayte Pears. Still pretty young, has shown promise in the past but had a shitty season with injury and is stuck in a team with a strong KPD line up (Hooker, Carlisle, Hurley).

My fear with Schoenmakers is that he is a former high draft pick and comes from the best team in the competition. Often clubs will be dumb enough to look past a player's shitness and concentrate on those two irrelevant facts. I'm worried that Adelaide will part with something better than pick 60 to get him, which in my view would be massive overs for Schoenmakers.

Last edited:

Hi guys, am wondering your thoughts on delisted player Lewis Johnstone. I know nothing about him but wondered if his afl career was over?

Personally, I'm pretty gutted he got delisted. In his first ten games of AFL football the guy has kicked 3 bags of multiple goals (3,4 and 6 goals) and his stats are pretty much on par with what Podsiadly offered us this year. As for him being lazy, while he had some disappointing games, they are exacerbated by the fact that he is clearly a very good footballer. Besides which, he laid more tackles on average than Pods did this year and that's something Pods was supposedly much better at. And I don't quite get why footballers who try super hard are given more chances than guys who are talented. Give me a naturally talented footballer any day of the week.

His output is much better than Liam Jones over his career and LJ is, at worst, a 30 goal a year forward and could easily kick 45+. In short, he'd be the best forward at the Bulldogs. I hope he gets another chance because he's a really handy footballer.

Gotta make a strong play for a defender, can't risk it such as the attitude of "maybe he will be good with us"

I agree we should try get one if those for cheap but we need a proven performer first

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheney :/ it is Rooch though. Can't remember the last time he predicted anything close to correct.

Well he could be close this time.

Since there's rumours around us targeting a ranga (Merrett) and a Hawthorn defender (Schoenmakers). Rucci has just heard it as "a ranga Hawthorn defender".

haha. But seriously, if I was trying to get a hawthorn defender that isn't in the side, I'd be after Litherland. Not someone like Cheney.

Yeah I agree! Litherland looks the goods. He's quick for his height and has a pretty good leg on him. He would probably cost a second though......

haha. But seriously, if I was trying to get a hawthorn defender that isn't in the side, I'd be after Litherland. Not someone like Cheney.
Is that the guy with the shaved head that played in the VFL finals???

Can't remember the guys name but definitely challenged in the hair department and played bloody good footy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back