List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a midget playing on giants, great competitor......
Yeh, don't know why anyone would look at the times he played on genuine KPF's and judge him on that. He's a small/mid size defender who given the chance might go alright on a small/mid size forward.

I reckon Tom Hawkins might tear Luke Brown a new one too.

Yeah I agree! Litherland looks the goods. He's quick for his height and has a pretty good leg on him. He would probably cost a second though......

Although you'd give a second round pick for someone like him. Second round picks aren't as valuable as people think.

Is that the guy with the shaved head that played in the VFL finals???

Can't remember the guys name but definitely challenged in the hair department and played bloody good footy??

Think you're thinking of Alex Woodwood

He was a midget playing on giants, great competitor......
In the last game he played for Hawthorn, Cheney had 15 disposals at 100% efficiency. ****, it's tough to stay in that Hawks team! I don't mind him, but I wouldn't give anything more than a 4th rounder. If we do, we obviously don't rate this draft.

Like I said didn't know his name but he can certainly play!!

Is he likely to be best 22 at the Hawks going forward??

He won the liston trophy last year, but then Hallahan won it in 2013. Still think those guys will struggle to play next year, and it all depends on injuries. Only player we have really lost is Sewell, and he wasn't best 22 anyway.

So what have we done with all the Tippett cash?

r0_153_3000_1846_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

edit - I mean the t shirts... not Eddie.

I find that gags are funnier if you have to explain them :oops:

He won the liston trophy last year, but then Hallahan won it in 2013. Still think those guys will struggle to play next year, and it all depends on injuries. Only player we have really lost is Sewell, and he wasn't best 22 anyway.
Might as well just give the Hawks the flag for next year.

haha. But seriously, if I was trying to get a hawthorn defender that isn't in the side, I'd be after Litherland. Not someone like Cheney.
Swap for Lyons as you guys will need to restock your midfield?

Throw in a 3rd rounder to take shoey off your hands to free up cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swap for Lyons as you guys will need to restock your midfield?

Throw in a 3rd rounder to take shoey off your hands to free up cap space.

Don't know enough about Lyons to comment on that, but Hawthorn seems happy to trade shoey if he wants to go, but sounds like he wants to fight for a place next year.

Ew, Cheney. :(

If we end up with only McDonough (who I do like, don't get me wrong) and Cheney, I will puke.
First I was like... No Gwilt

13420d1382839861-intercooler-pipe-mod-torkpipe-review-fonzie-ayyy-79950717427.jpeg

But then I was like... Cheney?

tennis-tantrums-mcenroe-break-point-sized.jpg

Yeh, don't know why anyone would look at the times he played on genuine KPF's and judge him on that. He's a small/mid size defender who given the chance might go alright on a small/mid size forward.

I reckon Tom Hawkins might tear Luke Brown a new one too.
And unlike a couple of our current options in the backlines Cheney is not "soft", goes at it very hard!

My preference would be Tayte Pears. Still pretty young, has shown promise in the past but had a shitty season with injury and is stuck in a team with a strong KPD line up (Hooker, Carlisle, Hurley).

My fear with Schoenmakers is that he is a former high draft pick and comes from the best team in the competition. Often clubs will be dumb enough to look past a player's shitness and concentrate on those two irrelevant facts. I'm worried that Adelaide will part with something better than pick 60 to get him, which in my view would be massive overs for Schoenmakers.

Not sold on Pears. I remember he had a good year in 2009 and then injuries (soft tissue) have curtailed him and I have hardly sighted him since. Too risky an option for me. Not saying Schoey isn't. He's just as risky with a dodgy knee, but can also go forward which is always handy.

In the last game he played for Hawthorn, Cheney had 15 disposals at 100% efficiency. ****, it's tough to stay in that Hawks team! I don't mind him, but I wouldn't give anything more than a 4th rounder. If we do, we obviously don't rate this draft.
This. Don't mind it if we don't spend a lot. We need defence options. People don't like Shoey or Merrett for various reasons, but maybe we can actually develop Cheney.... other 2 are known quantities one of themnis a short term stop gap.

I think people are being to hard on Cheney maybe a new club is what he needs he's struggled to fit into hawthorn so when he comes here he'll get games and be prepared to give it his all

Don't know enough about Lyons to comment on that, but Hawthorn seems happy to trade shoey if he wants to go, but sounds like he wants to fight for a place next year.
Midfield clearance king but not the quickest player going around. Think a poor man's Mitchell. Good around the contest & can go forward to kick goals.

Should have played more games if Sando had a clue. Meanwhile usually bog for our reserves. Personally hope he stays so long as we play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back