List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are being to hard on Cheney maybe a new club is what he needs he's struggled to fit into hawthorn so when he comes here he'll get games and be prepared to give it his all

It's the 19th man way. Lots of posters are harsh on "anyone" who gets mentioned that's linked to us...unless it's Cameron, Aish, Fyfe or Ablett!!!!!!

I think people are being to hard on Cheney maybe a new club is what he needs he's struggled to fit into hawthorn so when he comes here he'll get games and be prepared to give it his all
He started at Melb and was traded to Hawthorn. He's 25 and played 41 games.

Give me a spell

It's the 19th man way. Lots of posters are harsh on "anyone" who gets mentioned that's linked to us...unless it's Cameron, Aish, Fyfe or Ablett!!!!!!

Not entirely true. People have been fairly positive about McDonough and that Edwards guy last year we were after. I'd never heard of either before we were linked to them.

This. Don't mind it if we don't spend a lot. We need defence options. People don't like Shoey or Merrett for various reasons, but maybe we can actually develop Cheney.... other 2 are known quantities one of themnis a short term stop gap.
Cheney is worth considering as a 3rd tall but not as a kpp as not big enough!

Merrett too old & expensive for me. Prefer to get games into hartigan as couldn't play both in the side.

I like shoey as a chb who can play forward. Just don't play him as a fb.

Not entirely true. People have been fairly positive about McDonough and that Edwards guy last year we were after. I'd never heard of either before we were linked to them.
And in the Shaun Edwards trade the "steak knives" in that deal Kurt Aylett actually got AFL games and Edwards did not!!

r0_153_3000_1846_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

edit - I mean the t shirts... not Eddie.

I find that gags are funnier if you have to explain them :oops:

Which nobody came back wearing after a month!!

I'd rather people find out a little about them before jumping to any negative conclusions. From what I saw about McDonough, he has skills, and is not a McDonought like some have suggested. Not all, just some.
Some tend to go the 'spud' call too hastily I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't they give everyone in the crowd at the first showdown a teal shirt? Didn't they also find that most the toilets were clogged up with them after the game?

Cheney is an interesting one.

I think he is a player but his style just doesn't suit us. Our small defenders need to be elite kicks and have dash. Beating a small forward is somewhat secondary.

Forget his stint on the big forwards, Cheney should play as a third tall. He is clearly, (I mean clear as day) too good for VFL. He is basically in defence the vfl version of Luke Hodge, but at afl level for some reason he just struggles to fit in. I mean it's not as if he has ever been bad or played poorly he just can't seem to displace anyone. I watched us play Melbourne at Casey last year for a practice match and Cheney absolutely dominated, to a level that would absolutely leave you convinced that there is no way this guy wouldnt make it.

I was thinking to myself that a club should target him. His pros are his body work, reading of the play (elite at this) positioning, cons would be a bit slow, not an amazing kick (but still ok) and lack of rebound which I think is the biggest thing. He is probably not quick enough to mind a small, not big enough to mind a gorilla and is not a play maker. However if there is a matchup for him, he will do the job 100% of the time. Great loose man too.

I was thinking to myself that a club should target him. His pros are his body work, reading of the play (elite at this) positioning, cons would be a bit slow, not an amazing kick (but still ok) and lack of rebound which I think is the biggest thing. He is probably not quick enough to mind a small, not big enough to mind a gorilla and is not a play maker. However if there is a matchup for him, he will do the job 100% of the time. Great loose man too.

How would he go on let's say, a player like, um…Jack Ziebell?

Yep just like at the OKC games in NBA. Crowd looks amazing in all blue.

If we could do this with yellow, would look amazing

The Eddie pocket was a great initiative.

Do you think we have the ability to pull off splitting the 50,000 + crows into 3 sections.
each section baring the colours of either Blue, Red or Gold, How great!

Anyway clearly its been a slow day, Bring on tomorrow and let some decent names come to the party

What did happen to Edwards....did he play any AFL games this year? Where did he end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back