2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I know but unless it's an internal scratch match with the Eagles U18's or something who are they playing against?
Sturt I think, as we are playing Port tonight

I really don't know but that would seem strange given it's advertised as tonight's game being over 6 terms.

Friday March 19
Port Adelaide v Sturt at Alberton Oval – 5pm (6 terms)

PORT

Sutcliffe, Moore, Appleton, McKenzie, Weidemann, Westbrook, Sareen, Williams, Hayes, Garner, Lord, Burgoyne, Woodcock, Schofield, Edwards, Lienert, Aldridge, Wildman, Frederick, Pisani

STURT
Houlahan, Lewis, Carey, Thiele, J. Hone, Davis, Kirkwood, M. Lochowiak, Shute, Wilson, Evans, Edmonds, Dakin, McEntee, Fahey-Sparks, Patullo, Allan, Grundy, Coomblas, Battersby, Ash Johnson, Page, Trenorden, Penfold, A. Lochowiak, Grivell, Burrows, Illman, Wingard, Voss, Read, Parker-Boers, Slimming, Walter, Crocker, T. Hone, Emmett, Doyle, Liddy, Weeks, Crane, DeZylva, Parker, Grieve, Holland

Nope

Woodville-West Torrens v Adelaide at Thebarton Oval – 9.20am (Reserves v PAOC at 12pm)

EAGLES

Tsitas, K. Mutch, Thompson, Knight, McFarlane, Hayes, Kerrish, Cameron, West, T. Menzel, D. Menzel, Rowland, Mead, Seymour, Hardie, Goldsworthy, Sinor, Pudney, Firns, Lehmann, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda

ADELAIDE
Wright, Worrell, Borlase, Newchurch, Gollant, Strachan, Latchford, Salt, Clarke, Jackson, Lewis, Marini, Hutchens, Marshman, Merrett, Kernahan, Boyle, L. Mathews
I was just informed he an Eagle. Not sure he is playing though. Might not be playing because of suspension.

Last edited:
I think we can assume Fogarty, Mackay, Hinge and Jones aren't listed because we are yet to decide on the sub, but three of them should play

But where is Thilthorpe, Pedlar and McAsey?
Emergency emergencies

Actually I just realised the Eagles Reserves are playing Prince Alfred Old Collegians in a game after the Adelaide vs Eagles main game so in all likelihood Stengle is playing in that game?

I think we can assume Fogarty, Mackay, Hinge and Jones aren't listed because we are yet to decide on the sub, but three of them should play

But where is Thilthorpe, Pedlar and McAsey?
Well given the game is played at 9.20AM in the morning they'll not have much time to decide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know about that, strangely his apparent supreme superhuman like knowledge of running patterns can only be tapped into when at AFL level thus his need to be at that level to be a real force

Unlike Himmelberg, Dmac has progressed through our hierarchy and he's only in the 2s to tune up. Kids have to reapply for their 1s credentials each preseason as performance the previous year is forgotten. Opposite with senior players, they're bad form is forgotten over preseason, only their age counts. Look at Seedsman, finished the half dozen rounds dropped but over a preseason gets promoted into the midfield rotations. We've been like this for years.

Unlike Himmelberg, Dmac has progressed through our hierarchy and he's only in the 2s to tune up. Kids have to reapply for their 1s credentials each preseason as performance the previous year is forgotten. Opposite with senior players, they're bad form is forgotten over preseason, only their age counts. Look at Seedsman, finished the half dozen rounds dropped but over a preseason gets promoted into the midfield rotations. We've been like this for years.

Pre-season has to count for something or else you kill the motivation of players. If a younger player misses rd 1 over someone like Seedsman then he'd better work harder next one. There's 0 chance he's been picked because he's older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back