2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were playing the bottom team last week, we're against the top one this week, forward service is nothing like it was last week

Frampton had been doing it since he came back to the SANFL. 14.8 disposals, 6.9 marks, 3 goals average since he got dropped. I'm not a fan of the selection seeing it seems rather pointless to go back to this well, but it's hard to argue that Billy hadn't knocked that door down.

Frampton had been doing it since he came back to the SANFL. 14.8 disposals, 6.9 marks, 3 goals average since he got dropped. I'm not a fan of the selection seeing it seems rather pointless to go back to this well, but it's hard to argue that Billy hadn't knocked that door down.
I actually thought Frampton did well last week, except for his sulks when things didn't go his way, I'm just saying its a bit tough to expect fog to be pulling in an 11 mark game today, 5 marks might be what you'd want if he was up forward full time, 3 will be good with his time in mid.

So half time summary:

Gollant is not having a good day in front of the sticks, which is unfortunate seeing he should be on 4-5 goals this half, not 2. Is causing the Bays all sorts of trouble. Excellent in the air, he's got that Jake Kelly like competitiveness and oozes x-factor. He won't be in the SANFL for long.
Cook had a good first quarter, but faded as the weather turned.
O'Connor has so far had a typical game. I don't see an AFL game in him, but he's not doing anything wrong either.
Fogarty picked up in the 2nd quarter. Didn't get on the scoreboard, but it's a quarter that gave me a bit of hope.
Lynch is too good for this level, hopefully he's our SANFL captain next year.
Worrell had an excellent run down tackle in the first, and not much else.
McAsey has played really well. Kept Pink quiet, and is reading the ball well. (Note: within 10 seconds of posting this, Pink took a contested mark against McAsey)
Hamill looks above this level whenever he touches it. Got a more wing/half back role and looks better there then a mid-defender at an AFL level.
At least McAdam has got 3 tackles.
Parnell, Newchurch, McPherson and Borlase had good moments but not much to talk about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glenelg turning the screws a bit.

He still has a couple of woeful kicks before that. I stand by my view that his kicking is going to cause him issues at the next level unless he works on it.
No, he only had one bad kick. The other one was a snap with his opposite foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back