AFC Asian Cup 2023 (Qatar Champions)

Who do you think will win AFC Asian Cup 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel this is likely now going to be our finish up to this AC. If this squad beats South Korea, even though they aren't playing at their best, I'll be very surprised.

Prediction is either 2-0 South Korea, or 2-1 South Korea. If it goes to 2-1 I could see it being 1-1 at FT and then they rise above us in ET.
I am from the Future...

Can say that, but also say we were one bad penalty away from missing the entire world cup and he doesn't have a job still. It's just pure and utter dice rolling and this time we lost
The ironic thing though is that this match it was 12 shots to 2 Australia's way, and most of the dangerous chances going to the Aussies, until Miller hacked down Son in stoppage time.

You can only call this one a dice roll if you are saying we expected to create and miss those chances. Lack of clinical finishing was what decided this game. Silly to say otherwise.

But that is the exception to the rule so I'm in no way endorsing Arnold. Usually we don't create more chances than decent opposition.

The ironic thing though is that this match it was 12 shots to 2 Australia's way, and most of the dangerous chances going to the Aussies, until Miller hacked down Son in stoppage time.

You can only call this one a dice roll if you are saying we expected to create and miss those chances. Lack of clinical finishing was what decided this game. Silly to say otherwise.
If Duke was Son, it’s 2-0 minimum to
Australia.

Now Australia can crash back to earth.
Qualifying for the World Cup playing like this won’t work.
I mean insanely easy to qualify for a WC now right?

Arnold needs to cop some serious criticism for this loss.

QFs is the bare minimum. Last 8 of Asia.
There’s Japan, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Australia and Iran.

Meh. Has been a crap tournament really. Midfield all over the place
Like I said to Zidane98 before our XG was the second worst at the world cup which means it was pure luck and defence that got us through. It was always gonna run out.

Now if we can **** this absolute pretender of a coach off and get some one who wants to play I'll be happy

Now Australia can crash back to earth.
Qualifying for the World Cup playing like this won’t work.
I actually think it was a negative qualifying for the last world cup, it papered over how poor this squad and team is and how poor it's managed. A round of 16 ment everyone could say nah it's all fine when it's not.

Too good. South Korea are basically the Matildas with one really great player they rely on. Japan should deal with them if they both get that far.
Their front 3 is quality lol it's not just one bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too good. South Korea are basically the Matildas with one really great player they rely on. Japan should deal with them if they both get that far.

The Matildas have a few World class Players

A round of 16 ment everyone could say nah it's all fine when it's not.

Were there many actually saying that other than in the media? The general consensus from fans as far as I recall was it changes nothing and Arnold is not the guy to take us forward.

From open play they were poor tonight.

I guess you could say Son outsmarted Miller, it was savvy play to draw in a fool. And a class free kick. But for all their huffing and puffing, South Korea were terrible up until the penalty. No side should be conceding so many good chances to this Australian team.

Goodwin calling it a "learning curve" for Miller.
Jennifer Lawrence GIF

And their CB went to Bayern for €58 million lol

From open play they were poor tonight.

I guess you could say Son outsmarted Miller, it was savvy play to draw in a fool. And a class free kick. But for all their huffing and puffing, South Korea were terrible up until the penalty. No side should be conceding so many good chances to this Australian team.
If Australia tried to keep possession, would’ve punished Korea. But gee just say back and allow Korea to keep building confidence. Charmed run to the final now.

Better hope Japan down Qatar.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFC Asian Cup 2023 (Qatar Champions)

Back