Preview AFL 1st Qualifying Final - Collingwood vs Hawthorn - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah same here, Mitch Brown did well on Buddy last week bar the first quarter, he kicked 4 goals in the first and ended up with 4 goals. So i you can expect Nathan (who is the better brother) to not do too bad on Buddy.

I'm fairly certain Mitch had a nose bleed, came off under the blood rule and Buddy kicked 2. So hopefully Nathan only concedes one.

Looks like Lewis will miss for us, that will be a HUGE out for us. Can't wait for the first bounce.

That's a loss, we're still well and truly up against it though. But if we bring the intensity of 2010 and our forwards hold their marks/take their chances we're a big show. Pumped for this one now.

I'm fairly certain Mitch had a nose bleed, came off under the blood rule and Buddy kicked 2. So hopefully Nathan only concedes one.

While Brown was off he kicked one on Glass, the other he ran 150 meters for off the interchange bench. He also had 3 goal assists for the game. I'm sure he'll come close to that this week.

Well, I'm about to leave work. Friday drinks,then dinner, then G.

Was talking with a dawks supporter at work and talking about making a bet with her. She said 'money is so boring, let's bet something else...' and I looked at her and said 'well...'

FFS if I wasn't married, definitely blowie/sex bet. She's prime too*.

Who cares?!? GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(*and would be up for it)

This is one of the most unusual posts I've seen on bigfooty, I enjoyed it though.

Stay loyal :thumbsu:

Wonder how people will think our backline will line up against theirs? thought?
Mine would be:

Toovey vs Rioli: in recent times we have seen Harry run around on him but would love to see Tooves get the job on him as I think he has had a fantastic year.

Brown vs Franklin: would rather see Taz on him but don't think it will happen. Brown definitely has the ability to go with him, but if he drops his bundle early we will need to see a change. That's the beauty about having 3 good backman in the side.

Tarrant vs Gunston: Gunston has really been playing well in recent weeks and I would love to see the veteran take him down a peg!

O'Brien vs Bruest: I think that Bruest really doesn't get much attention from other teams and he really should. He isn't the greatest player around but teams don't seem to pay much attention to him. If O'Brien plays on him i don't think he will have much Affect on the game

Reid vs Roughhead/Hale: Hawthorn have great ability with these 2, both can play forward or ruck. But I expect Reid to hold their influence while they are up forward. Reidy's rebounding from defensive 50 is a massive up for us. If he is doing this then we are playing a lot better football.

Maxwell vs Sheils/Whitecross: These 2 will play through Maxwell and the midfield and try to keep Maxy's influence down. If Maxy can get free he will help us nullify the Hawks potent forward line and thus taking us a long way to winning.
its not going to be that easy for harry, breust has been our best small forward this year, is a very classy mover with silky skills who is much quicker across the ground than he looks, is a bit laconic, is also a very good tackler who applies great pressure, highly underrated still imo. There' s a fair chance tom murphy will play defensive forward on maxwell, we cant allow him to float across into buddy or roughie's path and murphy will do his best to stop that from happening. If he plays it smart could jag a goal or two as is usually the case with defensive forwards which will be a bonus for us. I think both defences will have their work cut out if either teams midfield gets on top, with lewis out it swings that battle in your guys favour unless we put hodgey in their along with burgoyne. However i believe we need hodgey down back to help out so its going to be a tough call for clarko to make tonight.

no lewis just gave us a much much better chance to win.. thank god
We should just win the midfield battle now, which means we *just* need to contain buddy, cloke to fire, and put great prssure on their disposal

GO PIES

The Lewis rumour is running hot, nearly all football media outlets running with it and saying he will miss due to a strained/twinge in his hamstring which he suffered at training.

We will know for sure in about 2 hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 1st Qualifying Final - Collingwood vs Hawthorn - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back