AFL 2017 - R6 - Adelaide Crows v Richmond Tigers - 4:10 PM ACST Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2017-4-30_11-13-46.png

Round 6: Adelaide Crows v Richmond 16:10 ACST, Apr 30, 2017

upload_2017-4-30_11-15-25.png
upload_2017-4-30_11-15-59.png
Preview

The Crows' 5-0 win/loss record is the best start in club history, while the Tigers will be searching for their first 6-0 start since 1995. The Crows easily disposed of Gold Coast by 67 points at Metricon Stadium last Saturday, despite losing All-Australian defender Daniel Talia in the opening minutes of the game with a hamstring injury. The Crows have the most potent attack in the competition featuring Eddie Betts, skipper Taylor Walker and Tom Lynch, while gun midfielder Rory Sloane continues to show why he will be a Brownlow Medal contender this year. Led wonderfully by six-goal hero Jack Riewoldt, the Tigers staged an epic comeback to defeat Melbourne by 13 points on Monday night. The Tigers have surprised everyone with their magnificent start to the season, but this will be their biggest test so far.

Despite Adelaide's win in round three last year, the Tigers had the advantage in several key areas, including disposals (410 to 368), marks (123 to 88), marks inside 50 (15-4) and took 14 more contested marks. The Crows shared the load in attack, with Eddie Betts, Taylor Walker and Richard Douglas kicking three goals each. Adelaide's attack is firing on all cylinders. For the second year in a row, they are the highest-scoring side in the competition, averaging 133 points per game. They've reached triple-figures in all five games and in the past two weeks, have booted a combined 47 goals while conceding only 26.

The Crows have a clear edge on the Tigers in all-time meetings between the two clubs, winning 22 of their 34 encounters. But it's a different story since 2011, with the honours shared at three wins each. The Crows are ranked No.1 in the competition for contested possessions with 155.6 per game, while the Tigers are seventh at 149.2. However, the Tigers are last in the League for uncontested possessions. Adelaide and Richmond have met twice at Adelaide Oval for one win each. Overall, the Tigers have won two of their five games at the venue.

This game teases to be a cracker nonetheless. Will the Tigers bandwagon rev up another notch or will the Crows take the home ground advantage with them for a comfortable win?

Prediction: Adelaide to win by 27 points at home

Forecast for the rest of Sunday
Summary
cloudy.png

Max 20
Cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 10%
rain_10.gif

Adelaide area
Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower, mainly about the coast and southern suburbs. Light winds becoming north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then tending west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day.

I'm a very interested neutral for this game. General view seems to be that Richmond aren't up to it. I dont know how good they are, it's an obvious truth that all you can do is beat the team your playing.
I do know how good the Crows are after sufferring through a smashing at AO.
We have Richmond twice and the first at our place in three weeks, so it'll be good to get a line on them. I've seen enough to think they are a finals side, just not sure if they are genuine flag contenders.
Crows to win but I dont think it certain. I do think a number of good sides will leave AO wondering if they can win the flag though.

Last edited:

I'm a very interested neutral for this game. General view seems to be that Richmond aren't up to it. I dont know how good they are, it's an obvious truth that all you can do is beat the team your playing.
I do know how good the Crows are after sufferring through a smashing at AO.
We have Richmond twice and the first at our place in three weeks, so it'll be good to get a line on them. I've seen enough to think they are a finals side, just not sure if they are genuine flag contenders.
Crows to win but I dont think it certain. I do think a number of good sides will leave AO wondering if they win the flag though.
We're going to learn a lot more about Richmond today against the Crows and against the Bulldogs next week. I think they will make finals and probably make top 6 at least. If they beat the Crows, the lid will surely come off for them haha. Going to be a lot of fun.

Just to sort the wheat from the chaff. The Crows fans are confident not arrogant. We are confident our game style is better than Richmonds. We think having the game at home, game style and ability means we should win this game.

Its not demeaning to Richmond as their form has been good as well.

The last thing Crows supporters will be is arrogant. We all know we are doing a great job in positioning ourselves for the Finals but we also remember the choke job of last year.

Crows will win

Can't wait for this. BF is going to explode whatever the result. Think Richmond are a genuine chance but I reckon the Crows will get the job done.
BF will not be here if Richmond win.
Crows firm favs on their home deck though.

Just to sort the wheat from the chaff. The Crows fans are confident not arrogant. We are confident our game style is better than Richmonds. We think having the game at home, game style and ability means we should win this game.

Its not demeaning to Richmond as their form has been good as well.

The last thing Crows supporters will be is arrogant. We all know we are doing a great job in positioning ourselves for the Finals but we also remember the choke job of last year.

Crows will win
I've been impressed with the Crows fans on BF. Haven't seen much arrogance at all. It's fair enough to be confident, you guys are tracking beautifully and currently you guys are probably the form side in the comp.

I've been impressed with the Crows fans on BF. Haven't seen much arrogance at all. It's fair enough to be confident, you guys are tracking beautifully and currently you guys are probably the form side in the comp.
Crows are class,actually like their team,not many campaigners and who doesn't love big Tex but I will be going hard for my Tigers today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you should and you should really enjoy it if you do
If we win this I'll hit myself up with some Coopers Green.

Crows deserved favs today.

Have a good one.

Yeah haha, there's probably a lot of people waiting for the Tigers to lose but if you do indeed win, I'm sure there will be a lot of Tiger's fans who come out and shut up a lot of people.
Will be like the USA beating the Russians,miracle on ice,1980,one of the greatest sporting events I witnessed on my tv live.

Tigers forward line with only 1 recognized key tall in Riewoldt. Who is going to play the 2nd lead up fwd role? McIntosh?

Definitely a big weakness of ours.
Griffiths is still injured and Elton has been dropped for this game.
After that we have just young developing talls who clearly aren't up to it yet.
I dare say we will be making a big play for a key forward this off-season.

AFL 2017 - R6 - Adelaide Crows v Richmond Tigers - 4:10 PM ACST Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back