Autopsy Yartapuulti (Power) v Hawks - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sunday May 19th 2:50pm - (Adelaide Oval)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That rioli free kick was soft as butter. Terrible call. Especially considering the umpires umpired like a wet weather final all game (unless it was jhf)

Say what you like about Mitchell and his tactics but if that free kick wasn't plucked out of thin air he would have been right.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Free kick every day of the week.
Screenshot 2024-05-19 6.17.47 PM.png

This is probably the worst outcome for the Kenny haters (ie port fans). They got excited because they thought they were going to get rolled by 15th on the ladder and then last minute manage to win. Imagine the pain.
Its weird, the fans so badly want him gone, but their players keep playing for him and getting the wins lol. Such a divide at that club.

Its weird, the fans so badly want him gone, but their players keep playing for him and getting the wins lol. Such a divide at that club.

I’ve always said the port nuffies in the crowd know best

The only real logical decision to go defensive in the last quarter is the boys being cooked and you could see midway through the third that we just didn't have the same run.

Young team on a wet heavy track, it wouldn't have surprised me if our fitness was partially why we shut up shop.

We just needed to kick 1 goal.

Yer but the best way to kill a game is by scoring you only needed another 2 points, heck even going forward and getting a few ball ups would of killed a few mins.

I was at the Ryder Gray game and it was sweet as watching the annoying couple next to me leave early and miss one of the greatest set plays I've ever witnessed

How does Hinkley keep getting away with it? Deadset worst coach in the league but has enough talent on the list to keep him in the job I guess.
Which one is it? I’ve heard mastermind coach doing the best he can with an overrated average at best list, and now talented list making a shitty coach look good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer but the best way to kill a game is by scoring you only needed another 2 points, heck even going forward and getting a few ball ups would of killed a few mins.

I agree.

It's all easy to say in hindsight though. There is an alternate universe where we hold on and our defensive solidity gets praised all week.

Shit happens.

Port have been involved in 11 games that have been decided by less than two goals since the start of last season and have won 9 of them (one of those losses was against Collingwood too).

They just know how to get it done when the game is there to be won. As long as they stay in the top 4, they're right in the flag race, especially with how even it is.

Last edited:
Bloody good effort tho plenty of great signs going forward.

I would have bit your hand off if you had told me we would be within 5 goals of Port away from home.

I'm proud of the effort. Disappointed with the result.

Thems the breaks. Very excited to see what the future holds with our young group.

This is probably the worst outcome for the Kenny haters (ie port fans). They got excited because they thought they were going to get rolled by 15th on the ladder and then last minute manage to win. Imagine the pain.
You’re a muppet. I don’t like ken. But I’ll take the win any day of the week.

It’s possible to win and still not like the coach.

Absolute muppet to think fans are cheering for their own team to lose.

Port have been involved in 11 games since the start of last season and have won 9 of them (one of those losses was against Collingwood too).

They just know how to get it done when the game is there to be won. As long as they stay in the top 4, they're right in the flag race, especially with how even it is.
It's a close comp. Hawks studied Port, outplayed them. Port had the greater pressure rate but Hawks outplayed them for most of the game.

Any team that makes the 8 can win it if they do the right things in finals.

Every team except Sydney has significant vulnerabilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Yartapuulti (Power) v Hawks - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sunday May 19th 2:50pm - (Adelaide Oval)

Back