Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Geelong 20 - 40pts

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Geelong >40 pts

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just a neutral fan, but to me it’s been obvious that Geelong don’t have enough depth in their 22 or list to compete deep in September. They’ve got enough guns to get them there, but the bottom six or ten can’t support them enough.

Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney are all in the same boat imo. They all have club culture or management that we envy, but it means they are pressured to maintain excellence rather than accept the cyclical nature of an equalised competition.

My guess is all three will continue to have enviable records when it comes to finals appearances. But without a change in approach there will be few flags - if any - in the coming decade.
Good post
Those 3 clubs supporters will wank on about finals and culture etc but cats haven’t saluted since 2011, swans year later while I think hawthorn are very much same boat

This is my argument.

Everyone wants to jump on him as being cooked/finished because he's not the primary ball winner anymore.

35 years old with a banged up body, still (despite an average kicking night tonight) a gun skilled player, and has put in his fair share of defensive hard yards tonight (including a big tackle on Viney inside 50). He just plays a completely different role. Dangerfield and Selwood should be concentrated on for doing far more defensive and inside work.

He's been too good for too long so people want him to be done and fail, but he's still a reasonable midfielder who will poll 10-12 Brownlow votes, which is pretty good. Not the 8-in-a-row AA player he once was, but he's still very good.

Absolutely. His role at the moment is one that every club has a need to fill.
Selwood has actually tried pretty hard tonight, fwiw. He's just not had much impact. He's had 7 tackles and 25. Danger has been really disappointing.

It's the same with Ablett as what you'd be familiar with via Boomer. Was he peak Boomer at 38? Of course not. As he still easily best 22? Absolutely.

Jenkins goals come from handballs over the top to him standing in the goal square. He is 200cm tall and plays like a 170cm flanker
Wrong. Just quoting media crap. Watch all his goals this year. Most of them were lead and mark goals. He played a different role this year and still had the same output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Judd in his man cave....

images

Nice humble comment from Cats fan and hawks fan takes opportunity to sink in the boot. Interesting character analysis
Have a read through last night's thread... a nice, humble post from a cats fan may not be the regular reading..it was a matchday comment, commenting on the match, feel free to check the stats, who gave away the frees, check when the frees were given, watch the replay and find any Melbourne players stand around like statues arguing with umpires whilst opponents played on. Then feel free to cross reference all of those examples with which players were doing it.

Cats were lucky to fall in to 8.... teams like PA tripping over themselves and Cats with a couple of training sessions to paper over the cracks.

Congrats umpires.

Did your job tonight. Well done
Haha Jesus. Only thing stopping a bigger Demons win was their comical amount of butchered chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2018 1st EF: Melbourne v Geelong: MCG, Friday September 7, 7.50pm AEST

Back