Votes: 49 15.0%
  • Collingwood 20>40

Votes: 72 22.0%
  • Collingwood by 41+

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what you are talking about.... Rarely is there a premiership fave at the start of the year that wins the grand final. You know why? Because the favorite at the start of the year is almost always the premiership winner from the year before. Only Hawthorn would have been premiership faves and actually won it because of the 3 in a row. What other instances in the last 20 years has the favorite at the start of the season gone on to win it all? Possibly Brisbane? I don't know.
Brisbane never even finished on top of the ladder until 04.

Port was the favourite every year besides 01 (Essendon)

Brisbane won all of Ports flags and Port snatched Brisbane's.

Crazy when you think about it.

It will be a trivia question one day, who won the 2017 flag?

People will scratch their heads at that one.

Richmond are unfortunate to have won a Premiership in an era with 2 all time great sides in Hawthorn and Geelong.

Sydney have also won one and been perennial contenders, the Dogs won their second.

Collingwood was a great team in 2010 who unfortunately get overlooked because of Geelong getting their third premiership in 5 seasons and Hawthorn landing 4 between 08 and 15.

Richmond will just be overlooked in general and forgotten about in time.

No disrespect to the Doggies but Richmond 2017 are the second worst side to win a Premiership in the modern era.

I've been saying this all along. But all I see in the media, on these boards and from anyone I talk to about footy is how this Richmond team is apparently immortal and the best team going around.... They are the same group of players that fell over time and time again just 2 - 3 years ago. They had one good year last year and then a good home ground run this year and suddenly they are world beaters. Something I had said for the past year is that a lot of their success is in thanks to the best teams in the AFL having terrible injury issues. Adelaide didn't even make finals and they are absolutely a top 4 worthy team. Injuries and that collective mind thing just screwed them. Then you have Essendon and Port who should also be in the top 8 but missed out to do crap form at certain times of the year. Collingwood and GWS have been cruelled by injuries all year. West Coast has had injuries to key players. Richmond are lucky as shit this year to finish number 1. With full lists available I would put Adelaide, GWS, Collingwood, West Coast and Melbourne all ahead of them.

Richmond are unfortunate to have won a Premiership in an era with 2 all time great sides in Hawthorn and Geelong.

Sydney have also won one and been perennial contenders, the Dogs won their second.

Collingwood was a great team in 2010 who unfortunately get overlooked because of Geelong getting their third premiership in 5 seasons and Hawthorn landing 4 between 08 and 15.

No disrespect to the Doggies but Richmond 2017 are the second worst side to win a Premiership in the modern era.
Or they might recalibrate with Tom Lynch and come out next year like Geelong did in 2011 after a preliminary pantsing ?

Brisbane never even finished on top of the ladder until 04.

Port was the favourite every year besides 01 (Essendon)

Brisbane won all of Ports flags and Port snatched Brisbane's.

Crazy when you think about it.

Yeah my point exactly. It's nearly impossible to pick the premiership favorite at the start of the year. It's almost like a perfect storm is required. And I reckon a big factor in tonight's result was the Pies finally have a decent run with injuries, and the Tigers had all these issues over the past 2 weeks with key players injuries niggles. It's never as clear cut as "team X will win the premiership".

Prolonged success, nothing you would know about as a Richmond supporter.

Are you that arrogant that you would even compare Richmond 17 to Geelong 07, 09 and 11?

One is one of the greatest sides of all time and the other is Richmond.

But you only ever won one in a row, that would make you one hit wonders wouldn't it? Since according to you winning 1 flag in two year sample size makes you a one hit wonder. But I'm not stupid enough to consider not going back to back as being one hit wonders, with next season yet to happen.

I've been saying this all along. But all I see in the media, on these boards and from anyone I talk to about footy is how this Richmond team is apparently immortal and the best team going around.... They are the same group of players that fell over time and time again just 2 - 3 years ago. They had one good year last year and then a good home ground run this year and suddenly they are world beaters. Something I had said for the past year is that a lot of their success is in thanks to the best teams in the AFL having terrible injury issues. Adelaide didn't even make finals and they are absolutely a top 4 worthy team. Injuries and that collective mind thing just screwed them. Then you have Essendon and Port who should also be in the top 8 but missed out to do crap form at certain times of the year. Collingwood and GWS have been cruelled by injuries all year. West Coast has had injuries to key players. Richmond are lucky as shit this year to finish number 1. With full lists available I would put Adelaide, GWS, Collingwood, West Coast and Melbourne all ahead of them.
Richmond have been healthy for 2 straight seasons.

Their flag was a storm in a tea cup.

They might even miss finals next year if Dusty or Jack miss any extended period of time.

As a sum of its parts team, Richmond relies on 4 good players in Rance, Dusty, Cotchy and Jack to carry them over the line after the honest battlers have carried them to it.

They're not that talented either individually or collectively to sustain success.

Their momentum from last season carried over and they got close but no cigar.

All downhill from here.

Not sure what you are talking about.... Rarely is there a premiership fave at the start of the year that wins the grand final. You know why? Because the favorite at the start of the year is almost always the premiership winner from the year before. Only Hawthorn would have been premiership faves and actually won it because of the 3 in a row. What other instances in the last 20 years has the favorite at the start of the season gone on to win it all? Possibly Brisbane? I don't know.
It's worse than that. Look at the grand final match ups the past 20 or so years. The underdog actually wins more often than not. Bloody hard winning one.

Tigers might be back next year but suspect their best shot was last year, so thank god they took it.

Cheers, thanks matey:thumbsu:
well the crazy people have overflowed the asylum......

Congrats on the win. I know you and I have had a clash of views in the past....

Regardless on who wins between West coast and Demons, I want Collingwood to win the GF. Only Because I want Chris Mayne to win a premiership medal.

You are an idiot.

Did you have these thoughts before tonight's game? If so you would have made some serious money rainman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did it to themselves, they've been insufferable.

The reality is that they are a sum of its parts team who overachieved and the wheels just fell off.

The fact Richmond fans thought they'd be a dynasty is hilarious and shows just how much they live in their own bubble and drink their own bathwater.

It's a long way down from here and I'm sure that plenty will enjoy that ride.

Tigers fans sure won't.

Exactly - I could have hacked some boasting from them had they gone back-to-back, but they basically played one good year of footy and were talking about a dynasty.

Nice 1-peat, Tiges.

No - Cotchin was one of their best players..
Riewoldt starred given his limited opportunities...one of the best key players on the ground.
Tigers still better than the Crows last year...

Go on another camp matey...

Cotchin and Riewoldt were fantastic.

Edwards was decent.

The rest were very poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you only ever won one in a row, that would make you one hit wonders wouldn't it? Since according to you winning 1 flag in two year sample size makes you a one hit wonder. But I'm not stupid enough to consider not going back to back as being one hit wonders, with next season yet to happen.
You are stupid enough it seems.

Geelong has won more games since 07 than Richmond has since 1982 I reckon.

3 flags to 1 flag.

Greatest win percentage of all time.

HOF players on every line.

Richmond won a Premiership...if only my team could do that!

12 out of the last 13 finals series etc etc.

Richmond 17 are not an all time great side, they won a Premiership...

They will never go down as something out of the ordinary.

Besides the Dogs, Richmond are the worst side to win a flag in the modern era.

Heck Richmond 17 are probably the second worst side to win a flag since 1990.

Exactly - I could have hacked some boasting from them had they gone back-to-back, but they basically played one good year of footy and were talking about a dynasty.

Nice 1-peat, Tiges.
1 peaters!

Haha

Comparing themselves to your mob is a laugh!

I might not like the Hawks but I sure as hell respect them.

Richmond...not so much

Richmond have been healthy for 2 straight seasons.

Their flag was a storm in a tea cup.

They might even miss finals next year if Dusty or Jack miss any extended period of time.

As a sum of its parts team, Richmond relies on 4 good players in Rance, Dusty, Cotchy and Jack to carry them over the line after the honest battlers have carried them to it.

They're not that talented either individually or collectively to sustain success.

Their momentum from last season carried over and they got close but no cigar.

All downhill from here.

Spot on. And a big reason why they lost is that Dusty injury last week. It clearly stuffed his preparation. Hardwick said he didn't train for 1 and 1/2 weeks. Relying on too few many is playing with fire.

Collingwood at this point in time remind me of the 2016 Dogs. That Bulldogs team had a huge amount of depth due to the injury problems that year and forcibly had to play a lot of young and untried guys. I'm pretty sure that if guys like Reid, Elliot, Fasolo and these types were fit and healthy, we never would have played Miochek. Same goes for guys like Sier and even Mayne reviving his career because he came in for injured guys. We now have a huge amount of depth in our playing list and Richmond doesn't seem to have any depth at all.

There is winning a flag and gloating about your success and showing arrogance as the reigning premier.
Every year it happens and you know what - go for it. Your team triumphed so lap it up.

What Richmond posters did though was enforce themselves and their opinions onto each and every other teams issue or league wide concern.

Who you should trade, take as a free agent, what game plan wins flags, the off field coach’s you need, small forwards win finals, etc bullshit.

And to cower away on your board after dishing it out for 12 months is typical Richmond mentality.

Wouldn’t expect anything less
Enjoy the pre season cause its gonna be a long summer
#backtoback
#backtomediocrity

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2018 1st Prelim Final : Richmond v Collingwood: 19:50 AEST, MCG

Back