Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Dogs v Tigers Wed July 29th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We were ok but it was more the Dogs being awful. They had a night off. Stuff happens.

I am just happy we got a win cause the new few weeks are tough with all these kids.
The kids are doing very well. Depth envy!

You stupid ignorant w***er!!
obviously a pathetic millennial...
to bring race into a joke about the obviously only “Taiwanese” player in the comp. Being called the best Asian player in the game . Pull your f’ing head in you Tool.
and please if this offends, moderators feel free to boot me out.
some people need to get a sense of humour. Stop pulling this bullshit race card. Jong is a great player. End of story.
Calm down buddy.

This was a really bad loss for the Bulldogs in my opinion. This is not the same Richmond team that won the flags. They have a lot of talent out, and a lot of young guys and a few back ups in. Am I the only one who thinks the Dogs should not have gone down the way they did to this team? Seeing the score, and that Richmond is the winner it's easy to look on the surface and say.. Yeah Richmond are a great team, they won 2 flags in the past 3 years and this is a normal score for them. But... going deeper, this is definitely NOT that Richmond team. The Dogs had enough of their own talent on the field to at least be competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond win in a close one, but a blow out I just think it's really pathetic of the Dogs to allow it.

I saw a Dogs team tonight basically do nothing. Especially at the start when the game got blown out, there was no intensity at all. Richmond players just freely marking and running down the ground unopposed - I couldn't believe the lack of defensive pressure from the Bulldogs. Just bizarre... Richmond didn't really need to do much to win, just turn up.

This was a really bad loss for the Bulldogs in my opinion. This is not the same Richmond team that won the flags. They have a lot of talent out, and a lot of young guys and a few back ups in. Am I the only one who thinks the Dogs should not have gone down the way they did to this team? Seeing the score, and that Richmond is the winner it's easy to look on the surface and say.. Yeah Richmond are a great team, they won 2 flags in the past 3 years and this is a normal score for them. But... going deeper, this is definitely NOT that Richmond team. The Dogs had enough of their own talent on the field to at least be competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond win in a close one, but a blow out I just think it's really pathetic of the Dogs to allow it.

I saw a Dogs team tonight basically do nothing. Especially at the start when the game got blown out, there was no intensity at all. Richmond players just freely marking and running down the ground unopposed - I couldn't believe the lack of defensive pressure from the Bulldogs. Just bizarre... Richmond didn't really need to do much to win, just turn up.

Not sure what game you watched................. Whenever the dogs had ball they suffocated the dogs to turnover, classic tiges. Whenever the tiges had it, time and space to do as they pleased, classic tiges.

Sure a lot of players out but the system only varied when they played possession across d50, make no mistake tiges best game this year. Sure not at optimum and certainly dogs looked all at sea in defence and in the phone box.

Yeah I think they're closer than what we saw but I think your underselling the tiges a bit.

Am I the only one who thinks the Dogs should not have gone down the way they did to this team?

Yeah I think that's a fair call. This 22 isn't capable of getting it done every week.

Dogs never showed up tonight, for some inexplicable reason. They've had the wood over us for quite a while and the only time we beat them in the last half dozen, we fell across the line.

That's Dogs and North who monstered us in 2019 and produced polar opposite performances this year. On the flip side we caught Hawthorn and GWS on their good nights.

Yeah I think that's a fair call. This 22 isn't capable of getting it done every week.

Dogs never showed up tonight, for some inexplicable reason. They've had the wood over us for quite a while and the only time we beat them in the last half dozen, we fell across the line.

That's Dogs and North who monstered us in 2019 and produced polar opposite performances this year. On the flip side we caught Hawthorn and GWS on their good nights.

It's downright scary to know what would have happened if you had all those missing players in. Could have been the first 100+ belting in the short quarters version of the game!

I'm not taking anything away from Richmond either with my comment. There is a hell of a lot of depth there and good players coming through. Tigers should be set up for years to come.

Not sure what game you watched................. Whenever the dogs had ball they suffocated the dogs to turnover, classic tiges. Whenever the tiges had it, time and space to do as they pleased, classic tiges.

Sure a lot of players out but the system only varied when they played possession across d50, make no mistake tiges best game this year. Sure not at optimum and certainly dogs looked all at sea in defence and in the phone box.

Yeah I think they're closer than what we saw but I think your underselling the tiges a bit.

Yes, I agree with that - Richmond's defense was good. But the Dogs defence was just horrible... they just left way too much open space and time. I felt like I was just watching Richmond walk it up to the 50 and bomb it into the forward, with the Dogs only contest being in the back 50. I guess Bevo has no plan B, because that same pattern just went on and on all night. There seemed to be no change made on the Bulldogs side to attempt to win the game. imo it was a strange performance. Usually when the fast start happens, the team that is behind change things around and step up their pressure a bit, but that just didn't happen at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VicBased why don’t you say something instead of hiding behind the laugh emoji? You’re just proving that you’re terrified. It’s ok, go and hug your teddy ;)
Words escape me so i had to laugh. As your Richmond counterpart said "put a lid on it". The Bullies are only in the eight through beating a handful of easybeats. I am trying to save you from embarrassing yourself.

Words escape me so i had to laugh. As your Richmond counterpart said "put a lid on it". The Bullies are only in the eight through beating a handful of easybeats. I am trying to save you from embarrassing yourself.
Haha we’ll see. Far from embarassed and your post reeks of someone who is shitting themselves. Let’s hope your win against the pies wasn’t a fluke :)

How does this sound for a trade opportunity. Any club can have Billy Gowers. We'll even give you our 2021 first round pick as well. In return we ask for nothing. Heck we'll even pay him.

It's downright scary to know what would have happened if you had all those missing players in. Could have been the first 100+ belting in the short quarters version of the game!

I'm not taking anything away from Richmond either with my comment. There is a hell of a lot of depth there and good players coming through. Tigers should be set up for years to come.
In a year where we might have lacked hunger, getting in some fresh faces and enthusiasm has been pivotal to our revival. The injuries were a blessing in disguise. They aren't to the level of the current older brigade, except maybe Balta who looks like he could be anything based on his size and athletic traits, but they should be good enough to support us for a few years while Dusty, Vlas, Lynch, Grimes, etc are still there.

Last time each club fielded 10 players with fewer than 30 games:

YearRoundClubResultMarginOpp
20209RichW41W.B.
20206AdelL33W.C.
201722G.C.L33Ess
201719BrisL68W.C.
201710CarlL17N.M.
20174SydL26W.C.
20173MelbL29Geel
201619EssL82Adel
201523FremL69P.A.
201512GWSL56N.M.
20158W.B.L39Melb
20155St.KL2Ess
20138P.A.L18Carl
20117N.M.L66Geel
201020W.C.L1P.A.
200922HawL17Ess
200318GeelL24Coll
200018CollL111Carl
199622FitzL86Freo
191418UnivL41St.K

Last time each club fielded 10 players with fewer than 30 games:

YearRoundClubResultMarginOpp
20209RichW41W.B.
20206AdelL33W.C.
201722G.C.L33Ess
201719BrisL68W.C.
201710CarlL17N.M.
20174SydL26W.C.
20173MelbL29Geel
201619EssL82Adel
201523FremL69P.A.
201512GWSL56N.M.
20158W.B.L39Melb
20155St.KL2Ess
20138P.A.L18Carl
20117N.M.L66Geel
201020W.C.L1P.A.
200922HawL17Ess
200318GeelL24Coll
200018CollL111Carl
199622FitzL86Freo
191418UnivL41St.K
thats actually an unreal stat

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Dogs v Tigers Wed July 29th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back