Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Cats v Dogs Sat July 20th 7:30pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Now to beat those umpire sooks in the swans next week. After the past fortnight, we will go into that game pretty confident.

Actually he is a bit of an outlier.

Most of us Geelong supporters fall into the trap of tipping Bulldogs in our games against your lot, as on paper we look outmatched.

This week looks like a serious threat, and really previous results should have no baring. I'd be delighted to escape with a win from this one, as that Port/GWS double header loss at home is still fresh in my mind. Teams that play well can easily take the points in Geelong these days.
The comment was referring to his previous profile picture

I should've known better sang The Beatles, the Cats did surprise me and they put in a stinker on their hoodoo ground. Still, i'll take the last 20 years against the Dogs and a 23-7 record any day. I'm still not tipping the Dogs again this year! C'est la vie.

I should've known better sang The Beatles, the Cats did surprise me and they put in a stinker on their hoodoo ground. Still, i'll take the last 20 years against the Dogs and a 23-7 record any day. I'm still not tipping the Dogs again this year! C'est la vie.
How is that bitter pill this morning? Bit hard to swallow I assume

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’d be surprised if the Dogs beat Sydney next week but lose to North?
To be fair the Bulldogs haven't lost to a non contender all season.

Their 7 losses are against all premiership or finals contenders - Sydney, Brisbane, Geelong, Port, Melbourne, Essendon and Hawthorn, and they could have beaten Geelong (4 point loss), Hawthorn (7 point loss), and Sydney (14 point loss) if they didn't miss easy shots at goal which has been an issue for them for years.

Considering they didn't make the finals last year the AFL has really given them a fixture from hell with double ups against top sides Sydney, Geelong, GWS, Fremantle, and Melbourne. The only non-contender they double up with is the Kangaroos and their form is considerably better in the 2nd half of the season when the teams meet twice.

Dogs still have a tough run home to even qualify for September with games against Sydney next week, nemesis Melbourne, the hot Adelaide Crows in Adelaide, a much improved North Melbourne, and hated rivals GWS Giants in the last round.

Their 7 losses are against all premiership or finals contenders - Sydney, Brisbane, Geelong, Port, Melbourne, Essendon and Hawthorn, and they could have beaten Geelong (4 point loss), Hawthorn (7 point loss), and Sydney (14 point loss) if they didn't miss easy shots at goal which has been an issue for them for years.

Considering they didn't make the finals last year the AFL has really given them a fixture from hell with double ups against top sides Sydney, Geelong, GWS, Fremantle, and Melbourne. The only non-contender they double up with is the Kangaroos and their form is considerably better in the 2nd half of the season when the teams meet twice.

Dogs still have a tough run home to even qualify for September with games against Sydney next week, nemesis Melbourne, the hot Adelaide Crows in Adelaide, a much improved North Melbourne, and hated rivals GWS Giants in the last round.

If we didn’t lose 3 players before half time against Sydney, including Richards and z Naughton, we would’ve won that game. Keen to get another shot at them next week.

You’ve lost 8 games.

This is the ridiculous part. People talking about us a genuine flag threat, we're more likely IMO to actually miss the finals all together. We have to win one of the remaining games against Melbourne, Sydney or GWS, and not do something stupid like losing to Adelaide in Adelaide.

I don't trust us to accomplish all that.

And you're absolutely correct, our double ups have been ridiculous.

But we get GWS and Geelong twice every ****ing year, and are likely to get Melbourne twice until that faux-rivalry dies too.

Forget the dogs for a minute.
What the hell was that from Geelong? That was the worst midfield I’ve seen all year. Not a single player was willing to stick their head over it and fight for the ball in those conditions. Outnumbered all night. Danger looks like he’s older than religion. Their best clearance player on the night was a multiple AA half back.

How is that bitter pill this morning? Bit hard to swallow I assume
Not a bit of it. My care factor is somewhat ho hum, i like footy these days, the AFL have killed the love i once had for it anymore so when my team loses, particularly to a team that has such a lousy record against them, i'm not that fussed. I'm dark on the team itself and they put in a shocker with some strange selections, but you can't win em all. The Bulldogs haven't qualified to be a team you care about losing too... i've already forgotten about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Cats v Dogs Sat July 20th 7:30pm AEST (GMHBA)

Back