Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 6 - Demons v Tigers Sat April 24th 7:25pm EST (MCG) Tigercast Link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is quite clear. Melbourne, despite tonight's performance and being 6-0, are not a believable prospect as this year's premier and are too dubious to even say they will make it as far as a prelim. This is based off of how Melbourne have been my whole life. You simply cannot trust them no matter how good they may look.

Have you looked over Richmonds history for the past 37 years? Tigers winning it in 2017 was also dismissed due to your history. It helped of course that Dimma suddenly developed a new game plan of small quick midfielders hand balling and an emphasis on pressure and tackling, don’t know where he got that idea from:rolleyes: there was no Premiers in 2016 apparently.

Got beaten up in all departments. Lost the game, lost the tough stuff and lost players to injury.

The watershed is here and we need to accept it, embrace it. The same olds can no longer get it done. Bring on the changes.
Not giving up on them just yet. I think we’ll know in the next month, dogs, cats, giants and lions away. If we can eek out 2 wins and sit 5-5 with the crows and bombers to come before the bye we could sit at 7-5 to launch the 2nd half of the season. Still have faith.

Give credit to Melbourne last night though, they were harder and more efficient than us after the first 15 mins and throughly deserved the win.

Props to all the tigs supporters who are handling this loss with grace and dignity. Got very sooky at the ground and in here. You guys are still the best team and until you don't win the flag, your still no.1. Gotta stop giving games to spuds like Daniel Rioli though.

Props to all the tigs supporters who are handling this loss with grace and dignity. Got very sooky at the ground and in here. You guys are still the best team and until you don't win the flag, your still no.1. Gotta stop giving games to spuds like Daniel Rioli though.
Could be a changing of the guard. Last night was pretty ugly and you blokes went nicely. Lever was enormous for you, first quarter especially.
‘Glad you think we’re still number one. Some worrying signs that things might be plateauing and the pack is closing. The faith remains though. As for Rioli...might see Rioli out Rioli in against the Bulldogs. And the Rioli out needs a good spell in the magoos.

Probably the only start to a season I can remember with everyone out of form. Only maybe 2-3 players Riewoldt, Pickett and Bolton are playing better than recent form, everyone else not having a good start.

Dogs are going to cane us without Dusty, Lambert, Grimes, Vlastuin, Prestia. All well and good to say turn to depth, but when they are so out of form it doesn't look promising. The Dogs will smell blood too and probably take advantage, get on them for a big win.

Our season is on the line in the next month, but it won't start with a win against the Dogs unfortunately. Sometimes you've just got to accept the losses and that the side can't be at the top of its game forever. Hopefully just a form slump, but you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a Tigers supporter I wouldn't be too worried, still the team to beat come September IMO.

Even if they don't win the flag this year they can feast on 3 flags in 4 years for a while.... I basked in the glory of our 3Peat for a decade.
Agreed, we have dined out.
This year however my worry is the running game has gone up a notch or two in speed. Against Sydney and last night we couldn’t keep up and looked tired at times. And Melbourne played our forward 50 so well. They starved and stifled the Tiger’s forwards.
I am hoping just aberrations and I am in no hurry to think we cannot be premiers.
Go the Tigs.

It’s not a pun or play on words or even the slightest bit humorous. That’s why no one gets it. I have absolutely no idea what it even means.
Melbourne have been the proverbial tankers for years so it is a fitting name for them. I doubt Demons fans would like it. Obviously you don’t get it and wouldn’t want to I suppose.

Melbourne have been the proverbial tankers for years so it is a fitting name for them. I doubt Demons fans would like it. Obviously you don’t get it and wouldn’t want to I suppose.
You still make little sense. It was only half a decade ago that your supporters were literally spitting on your coach and players as they walked off the ground.

Last edited:
Melbourne have been irrelevant for almost half a century (since 1964), which is a lot longer than half a decade.
maybe you are right

But at least our players know that no matter how bad they perform we won't stand around the players race and spit on them as they walk off the ground

Same can't be said for the Tigers though

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 6 - Demons v Tigers Sat April 24th 7:25pm EST (MCG) Tigercast Link in OP!

Back