Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 21st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, all season long. That’s why we’re 3 games clear and potentially 4 games clear of your mob if we win. Even if we lose, we’re still 2 games clear of your mob.

‘We have senior blokes who know how to get across the line’? Carlton doesn’t… how’s that our problem? 😂 you’re then acknowledging we’re a superior team then…?

Eagles kicked 14.3 that day to our 10.14. We play that game again 10 times and we win it 9/10. Not sure why you’re using one game out of 21 to form your opinion around why Collingwood has/hasn’t been more superior than Carlton this season.

You guys lost to the Crows, we beat them twice. Completely random, but I’ll add it in since you’re adding in random facts too.

Take a look at the ladder and see the W/L - that’s the reality of things. 3 game gap. If you were actually any better or at least equal to the Pies, there wouldn’t be a 3 game gap.

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Xmas. If we play like we have for pretty much our whole season, we’ll beat the Blues a second time around. Hopefully we at least have JDG back. Him alone would give me confidence we’ll beat your mob without Adams and Grundy, our best clearance player and our starting ruckman.
Touch a nerve did we? Reality starting to sink in to just how far off you after last week?

Take a look at your %, you are in serious danger of becoming the 1st side in 150 years to go +8 wins and finish with it under 100

I am cautiously confident we can shock the AFL world and do this thing. We have a better % than them! No way do we deserve to finish the season 4 wins below them. If we lose we need the Hawks beating the Dogs to stay in the 8...yikes
Well you do deserve it if you don’t win enough games

This season we have a 104% team at 15-6 and a 107% team at 9-12. Those are crazy statistical anomalies. Some people might argue there is a "clutch" gene. But it is more like a poker tournament where some guy wins a ridiculous number of coin flip hands. It might bring in a big tournament in the short term but it is not sustainable and eventually corrects.

Using poker analogy, you guys are 7 points up with 2 min to play, so you had cowboys and still somehow lost to the Dees where as the Pies across 11 games were bring their A-game, stayed strong and won with dueces. One plays the game through strongly, bluffs when needed, makes the others fold, the other doesn’t. Bad beat.

Of course their run might keep going or maybe the Sydney game was the start of the bubble bursting. After this our teams will either be on 16 and 12 wins respectively or 15 and 13. All the stats show the latter would be closer to reality than the former.

What stats? 😂 why is it so difficult for people to accept what the Pies have done and just simply give credit without backhanded compliments?

Also...it's possible we play 2 weeks in a row if we beat them and then stay 5th and 8th. That would be good for footy.

If you guys win, the rematch at the ‘G vs the Dees would be great viewing. Don’t know if Lions at the GABBA would be fun to watch for Carlton fans though.

Last edited:
Touch a nerve did we? Reality starting to sink in to just how far off you after last week?

That’s your best response? Got nothing? 😂
Take a look at your %, you are in serious danger of becoming the 1st side in 150 years to go +8 wins and finish with it under 100
Been a successful season regardless. Year one into our rebuild, we still finish 2 games higher than Carlton’s best season in God knows how long. Win/win!

In a 3rd alternative universe, if we’d also won the games we shouldn’t have lost in WCE (dominated them) and Cats (up by 6 goals late) we’d be outright 1st.

Unfortunately you don’t live your in alternate universe and I don’t live in mine.

In the real world, where you and I reside, Collingwood is 3 games clear of Carlton. We win on Sunday, we finish top 4 and 4 games clear of Carlton who’ll probably miss finals. That’s the reality my man.
Bring on Sunday, I’m not sure you’re going to enjoy living in the real world come 6pm.

That’s your best response? Got nothing? 😂

Been a successful season regardless. Year one into our rebuild, we still finish 2 games higher than Carlton’s best season in God knows how long. Win/win!
Make more sense to beat my head against a brick wall then to try talk sense with a pies fan so yeah thats the best you are getting I value my time enough not to go deeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure why Carlton supporters are so confident. They weren’t great against Melbourne and Collingwood play in incredibly well at the MCG as it suits their style. Collingwood have the backline to hold the Carlton forwards, the Carlton midfield is a bit short on personnel like Collingwood, and I think the Collingwood forwards are very underrated.

I’d be backing Collingwood here by 4-6 goals.

The real world is not making excuses about umpiring decisions man.. Weitering getting injured in the 1st.. Weitering playing a mediocre game cause he parted his hair to the right instead of the left this time 'round.. Stocker having a 4 possession game cause he forgot to tie his shoelaces.. not having your 4th best mid out there.. and the list goes on..

21 games man. 21 games.. ample time to figure things out.. Carlton is in 8th spot playing to retain it.. and we're in 5th spot playing for a top 4 spot.. deserving mate.. 21 games mate.. 21 games.. Great sides not only win holding premium hands mate.. they win holding mediocre hands as well mate. Missing De GOAT Adams the Gin the Grundawg and that man.. it is what it is for me man.. embrace the challenge mate.

Rapped it's a massive Collingwood v Carlton game mate.. ideally would love for it to have been a Collingwood v Carlton GF mate.. with a Collingwood win mate.. it's what it's all about mate.. it's the true essence of football itself mate.. liken it akin to my birth mate.. letting the rhythm take over bailamos mate.. when the dancer becomes the dance mate.. la isla bonita mate.. getting into the amber fluid mate.. betting a fiver with yours mates mate.. going ape shit mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.

Last edited:
The real world is not making excuses about umpiring decisions man.. Weitering getting injured in the 1st.. Weitering playing a mediocre game cause he parted his hair to the right instead of the left this time 'round.. Stocker having a 4 possession game cause he forgot to tie his shoelaces.. not having your 4th best mid out there.. and the list goes on..

21 games man. 21 games.. ample time to figure things out.. Carlton is in 8th spot playing to retain it.. and we're I'm 5th spot playing for a top 4 spot.. deserving mate.. 21 games mate.. 21 games.. Great sides not only win holding premium hands mate.. they win holding mediocre hands as well mate. Missing De GOAT Adams the Gin the Grundawg and that man.. it is what it is for me man.. embrace the challenge mate.

Rapped it's a massive Collingwood v Carlton game mate.. ideally would love for it to have been a Collingwood v Carlton GF mate.. with a Collingwood win mate.. it's what it's all about mate.. it's the true essence of football itself mate.. liken it akin to my birth mate.. letting the rhythm take over bailamos mate.. when the dancer becomes the dance mate.. la isla bonita mate.. that's what it's all about mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.
That was one of the worst pieces of literature I’ve ever read.

Collingwood have the backline to hold the Carlton forwards
They couldn't hold Curnow last game with a forward line that lacked McKay, what makes you think it'll be any different this week?

I am not sure why Carlton supporters are so confident.
Hardly. Most of us see a very close game that'll go either way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the saints roll you blokes , hope King doesn’t kick straight, as it will then be your mob out the top 4

They've got nothing to play for.
They'll be off planning their next dwarf escapades.
It's St Kilda.

On vacation in your beautiful country and coming from the Netherlands I didn’t know anything from AFL. A couple of weeks ago i saw my first afl game Fremantle - Melbourne. And it was great.

That’s why I bought two tickets (for me and my son) for Carlton - Collingwood to get a second chance to see this great sport. If I understand it correctly it seems there is a lot at stake for both teams so I hope for an exciting game.

What are the star players of both teams that we should keep an eye on?

On vacation in your beautiful country and coming from the Netherlands I didn’t know anything from AFL. A couple of weeks ago i saw my first afl game Fremantle - Melbourne. And it was great.

That’s why I bought two tickets (for me and my son) for Carlton - Collingwood to get a second chance to see this great sport. If I understand it correctly it seems there is a lot at stake for both teams so I hope for an exciting game.

What are the star players of both teams that we should keep an eye on?
You’re in for a wild ride on Sunday.

Not sure how old your son is but expect a very loud and rambunctious atmosphere. 99% of those in attendance will be loud, but harmless and simply want their side to win. We throw a lot of banter either way but no-one ever means any genuine malicious which is what makes our game great and why we’re allowed to sit amongst each other compared to other codes worldwide.

For anyone new to the game, I’d say watch out for -

Cripps: absolute bull who’ll have players hanging off him as he rams through.

De Goey: Apparently will be right to play so you’ll see his explosive pace out of contests and big kicks inside 50.

Curnow: Adonis of a man. Big, strong, yet fast and hard to catch.

Ginnivan: Blond kid, if he plays. A lot of people don’t like him, but he’s bloody great for the game and has plenty of personality compared to the other robots running around.

I’m jealous you’re going! You’ll absolutely love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 21st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Back