Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That shouldn't of been a 50, the umpires have no feel for the game.

If you can't show emotion, the game is stuffed.
Yeah. After the fifty was given, Lever needed to throw the ball into the ground then do a couple more twirls and another hissy-fit, followed by grabbing the umpire by the arm, spinning him around in a do-si-do and point at the scoreboard. Not good for grown men to keep all that emotion bottled up inside.

Kosi Pickett probably had 2 of his worst games back to back. Watched him in the warm up last week and couldn’t get a kick going anywhere near where he wanted then played very ordinary, last night poor again…reckon Dees paid the price for taking in injured players. Why thought when you have the depth they have looking at their VFL side

Not trying to take anything away from Brisbane at all, Melbourne needed to score 2 goals in 1.20 minutes anyway….

But people keep saying you can’t just drop the ball when tackled, I have seen every week players from every game just drop the ball and it is not paid HTB.

The inconsistency on dropping the ball and also the ‘didn’t get it out’ is simply random at this point.
See the point you’re making but most tend to be in a tackle where umpires out is that the ball was knocked out in tackle - is often at least helped out - this was a cold place down, then pick up to run off. Umpire really had no choice. But that’s just the way I saw it; my view is but one

giphy.webp
A triple tanty with a full pike

In all seriousness, you've gotta respect the talent of guys like Oliver, Petracca, Gawn, May and Lever. Some of them had an off night tonight - or at least for periods of the night - and it exposed a lot of passengers in that Dees side. I was actually pretty shocked that Goodwin made 0 changes after last week.
Good take. Those players are brilliant and give great effort as well. The Dees have worked so well for last year when everyone gets the most out of themselves. A few things off and against a quality side and it gets hard. They still nearly pulled it off, but for some herculean efforts by the Lions - kudos to them. Good game to watch, especially second half.

Berry getting spun around and not getting pinned. Then Lever getting less time, gets pinned 30 seconds later.
It’s clear you don’t understand the rules here. Berry disposed of the ball, lever put it on the ground.

If you can’t understand the difference then we can’t help you

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing. And after the tantrum didn’t want to give the ball back while waiting for the reply on screen. Despite a questionable free the ump had little choice but give a 50m penalty. Game over.
The biggest tantrum I’ve seen on a footy field since BT’s highlight reel

Brayshaws commentary made it all the more better, something like “what are you thinking Jake Lever? The umpires 3.5m away from you”

Just absolute comedy gold

So much arrogance from the Dees fans. Delicious. #StraightSets
Big Footy, hindsight. Blokes like you cherry picking post fact you make yourselves feel better. Not many people thought we’d lose, nothing wrong with being confident given we are the premiers. Try talking about the game rather than shit.

Big Footy, hindsight. Blokes like you cherry picking post fact you make yourselves feel better. Not many people thought we’d lose, nothing wrong with being confident given we are the premiers. Try talking about the game rather than s**t.
Take it on the chin mate. You made a bad call and now you should front up and cop it. Kudos for you for showing up though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Semi Final - Demons v Lions Fri Sept 9th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back