Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies are just harder at the footy.

Interestingly they’ve had more “squib” moments so far - Bobby Hill who had one of the weakest moments this year for example when he put 1 frightened hand out over a loose ball - if he didn’t kick a goal 30 seconds later (and another another 30 seconds later) he’d have been far more roasted.

I’d say they are more well structured and more skilled. They are better tacklers too. But not necessarily harder at the footy yet.

It was a genuine accident but imo he should be sent off simply as some kind of equalisation method. How is it far one of the Dees most important players is off?

I'm not as convinced as everybody else that Melbourne have been soft or look rattled. McStay and Mitchell not covering themselves in glory as an example.

Dee's just have zero connection moving the ball inside 50. It's like watching Hawthorn play without Mitch Lewis. They need to correct it quick smart.

Interestingly they’ve had more “squib” moments so far - Bobby Hill who had one of the weakest moments this year for example when he put 1 frightened hand out over a loose ball - if he didn’t kick a goal 30 seconds later (and another another 30 seconds later) he’d have been far more roasted.

I’d say they are more well structured and more skilled. They are better tacklers too. But not necessarily harder at the footy yet.
Cos they've had more of the ball. I think its partly the Pies style stands up better in the wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two late goals really hurt Melbourne I think. If they were even 20-6 down it would've been something to work with, but 20 points down is a fair bit.

Collingwood definitely look a class above. Melbourne seem to getting OK field position but they've struggled significantly in getting the ball in.

Every single commentator with the most dimwitted view of the Maynard one, saying he couldn't move.

He could you nuffs. He specifically turned his body so his shoulder collected Brayshaw.

That's why it's reportable, even though I think he's stiff if he does get rubbed out.

I reckon McStay got himself injured by being gutless. Took his eyes off the ball, reached instead of commiting and flung his head back expecting contact. Would have been considered weak 10 years ago.

Nostradumbass BT predicting over 90K when we've know the last 2 weeks it was a sell out. FIRE THE MORON 7!
Also said it would be the biggest crowd for Melb vs Coll but obviously didn't check the records. Just looked up and saw that there were 115K at the 1956 GF... Going to be difficult to beat that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Back