Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also did it in RD21 last - we are efficient and have a strong defence - that’s the ball game.
No doubt, but that has nothing to do with the comment I was responding to

was Goodwin wrong? No. Grundy wasn't valued at Collingwood and that's why they salary dumped. Now, Melbourne will look to do the same thing. I don't think Goodwin should've said what he said as it was inflammatory but it's not like you've got the perfect coach either.

Mcrae had the perfect opportunity to take the flopping out of Ginnivans game last year. Instead he embraced it with a stupid grin on his face and told the media that it was a skill and that opposition need to tackle better. As the coach he had the opportunity to create a teachable moment and mould him into a player that makes the ball his sole objective. He didn't. Fast forward 1 year, and with the rule changes, Ginnivans career is at the crossroads. He's basically just a permanent sub now because he has no other way to win the footy. Good job fly.

Coaches make mistakes. I've never been a fan of Goodwin. i question a lot of his decisions and I question his character off the field also.
Grundy was moved on to ease salary cap pressure, not because he wasn’t valued as a player. He was much loved at Collingwood.

On Ginnivan you’ve clearly fallen for media generated hyperbole and dont know anything about his development this year. “No other way to win the footy” … watch his games this season (and last) and get a clue.

It was interesting, and no real surprise, that Ginnivans recent work lately in trying to win back respect by not playing for frees, went out the window in the last few mins.

It cost his team the game so fair enough to be bitter. Maynard will cop his right whack.
Of course, he will.
The MRO will give him a couple of weeks by ticking the boxes, then it will go to the tribunal to be fairly adjudicated.

Either way, like the rest of the team, I can guarantee he won't be playing next week :cool:.

Of course, he will.
The MRO will give him a couple of weeks by ticking the boxes, then it will go to the tribunal to be fairly adjudicated.

Either way, like the rest of the team, I can guarantee he won't be playing next week :cool:.

Only the he plays for Collingwood card will get him off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Maynard's shoulder collecting Bradshaw's head is just a theory. Some MIT scientists think it happened, some think it was the gravitational pull of dark matter from the big bang. Will we ever know the answer ? I'm personally agnostic about the the whole thing.

Have a cry

Two of the worst forward lines in the comp - imagine these sides with a Curnow/Walker/Cameron?

Incredible defences and great midfields...but cobbled together forward lines. Brisbane and Carlton could be dangerous if Melbourne and Pies play like this for the rest of the Finals.
Except Finals according to great Coaches, depend on defense, more than offense.

That card didn't work for Degoey earlier in the year, or for Beau a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe our card is faulty and we best get it renewed.

Is JVR a one or two match suspension?

I think maybe one but who knows.

Finals is different and they'll need Maynard to play. JVR will get a week and if we didn't have injuries wouldn't be playing anyway.

He doesn’t turn the shoulder he leaves himself open to be busted down the middle.

Unfortunate for Gus but it was a football incident
I think this 'football incident' and 'football act' stuff is just bullshit anyway. Surely, a bump is a football act too, and when they're executed poorly, or have got someone high, plenty of players have been rubbed out for it.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

That card didn't work for Degoey earlier in the year, or for Beau a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe our card is faulty and we best get it renewed.

Is JVR a one or two match suspension?

I think maybe one but who knows.
JVR - 1 game you would think

Maynard - nothing to see here.

Maynard won't go for that. It's a contact sport and a brutal game. Accidents are gonna happen. You're not being fair dinkum if you think he deserves weeks.

Maybe that's how it used to be. But we all know that's not how it works now. But we also know the AFL is inconsistent and rife with corruption.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Back