Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca spent plenty of time forward despite the injury.

It’s pure arrogance and frankly nonsense to be so confident that it would have altered the final result.

I know you’re searching for excuses, but blame your players who couldn’t get it done rather than the injury.

I don’t disagree with everything you say.

But when you shitpost you’ll be called out for it, and not just by me either.
Goodwin literally said in his press conference that losing Brayshaw meant petracca had to play less on the forward line and it screwed with our structure. I'll back in what the coach says thanks.

if you don't think Laurie over Angus Brayshaw in a qualifying final makes 'any difference' then I think you're disagreeing for the sake of it. Brayshaw is a big game player.

Goodwin literally said in his press conference that losing Brayshaw meant petracca had to play less on the forward line and it screwed with our structure. I'll back in what the coach says thanks.

No doubt it messed with your structure.

But you’re reaching for an excuse if you’re saying it cost you the win.

if you don't think Laurie over Angus Brayshaw in a qualifying final makes 'any difference' then I think you're disagreeing for the sake of it. Brayshaw is a big game player.
Not disagreeing for the sake of it. Just trying to balance your bias with a dose of reality.

It’s difficult though, given your posts generally are that far detached from reality.

Petracca>>>>>>>>>Brayshaw.
Melb loses dominance at stoppage when Bradshaw replaces Petracca.
That means more stoppage wins to Coll and more scoring chains.
So there is absolutely no certainty that you win with Bradshaw playing.

Last edited:
was Goodwin wrong? No. Grundy wasn't valued at Collingwood and that's why they salary dumped. Now, Melbourne will look to do the same thing. I don't think Goodwin should've said what he said as it was inflammatory but it's not like you've got the perfect coach either.

Mcrae had the perfect opportunity to take the flopping out of Ginnivans game last year. Instead he embraced it with a stupid grin on his face and told the media that it was a skill and that opposition need to tackle better. As the coach he had the opportunity to create a teachable moment and mould him into a player that makes the ball his sole objective. He didn't. Fast forward 1 year, and with the rule changes, Ginnivans career is at the crossroads. He's basically just a permanent sub now because he has no other way to win the footy. Good job fly.

Coaches make mistakes. I've never been a fan of Goodwin. i question a lot of his decisions and I question his character off the field also.
$700k pa to play VFL. Great 'value'......

An ordinary bloke both on and off the field. He knows he is under pressure with another straight sets exit looming.

Petracca>>>>>>>>>Bradshaw.
Melb loses dominance at stoppage when Bradshaw replaces Petracca.
That means more stoppage wins to Coll and more scoring chains.
So there is absolutely no certainty that you win with Bradshaw playing.
History has shown that when we take petracca forward our midfield clearance numbers don't really change. Also, his name is Brayshaw not Bradshaw. Its like me saying Jordan De Glowy :)

Melbourne's structure should not be that tight.

Protect himself from what? Brayshaw was practically stationary. Could easily have put his arms out and tried to ride it out with a push to the face or chest. Instead he bumped. 3 weeks…see you later

He is in mid-air, he has to make a snap judgement on how and where he is going to land.

A player is allowed to protect themselves from injury you know.

Way too many 'new generation' footy fans have drunk too much of the AFL's kool-aid and are now brainwashed into accepting every ****ing ridiculous mantra they trot out now.

We have players being reported for just playing the game now !!

FMD .... its an embarrassment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maimard was head hunting. Let him off and it will set a precedent for the GF. Shades of Balme/Southby.

History has shown that when we take petracca forward our midfield clearance numbers don't really change. Also, his name is Brayshaw not Bradshaw. Its like me saying Jordan De Glowy :)
Please - numbers don’t change - spare me.
Petracca is a mid beast.
Brayshaw has no where near the power of Petracca out of stoppage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Back