Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

I’ve got $4.5k weighing down my wallet, and would like to swap it for three tickets to the grand final. Please let me know. Go pies!

If you were to believe this then you would be rightfully justified in attempting to describe your team in other word than just expressed.
If Collingwood with one or two players out can scale a mountain the likes of which are yet to be achieved by an man in recent history than how much more so a team like the Lions whos very namesake indicates the large powerful beast that can consume a magpie whole.
Heres to that predator swallowing its prey come Saturday.
A magpie would just fly away from a lion ya dickhead

I’ve got $4.5k weighing down my wallet, and would like to swap it for three tickets to the grand final. Please let me know. Go pies!
Hang in there, I got 4 this morning for the same per head. Almost paid more per head for some level 4 tickets but managed to get these with a luncheon before hand and level 1. Lucky, pies by 3 goals and De Goey for the norm.
Up the Mag’s

Last edited:
Such an interesting game - will be a ripper hopefully.

Lions should really have this game easily, given their talent in midfield & up forward particularly - their backline is underated.

H Andrew’s is a gun. Not having a direct report will be huge, wandering across HB intercepting at will.

The question is can The Brians handle a full game of sustained pressure?

Carlton did it for a qtr, before running out of legs. We all saw last week you can put a gap on them if your pressure rating is over 200 and you can win it out of the middle.

Pies will do that all day.

Collingwood pressure & counter attack vs Brians talent & structure…

Massive match upcoming.

Brians by 13.

the game talk is important
but food, its the food talk im really interested in

eddie murphy GIF

Taylor Adams officially ruled out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such an interesting game - will be a ripper hopefully.

Lions should really have this game easily, given their talent in midfield & up forward particularly - their backline is underated.

H Andrew’s is a gun. Not having a direct report will be huge, wandering across HB intercepting at will.

The question is can The Brians handle a full game of sustained pressure?

Carlton did it for a qtr, before running out of legs. We all saw last week you can put a gap on them if your pressure rating is over 200 and you can win it out of the middle.

Pies will do that all day.

Collingwood pressure & counter attack vs Brians talent & structure…

Massive match upcoming.

Brians by 13.
Would have rather faced Carlton this week to be honest.

A lot of passionate diehard longtime Lions and Pies fans about who, somewhat curiously, only just discovered BigFooty this week.

buschemi.jpg

It's tempting to make a quick buck but please look after the real deal fans.

A lot of passionate diehard longtime Lions and Pies fans about who, somewhat curiously, only just discovered BigFooty this week.

View attachment 1814644

It's tempting to make a quick buck but please look after the real deal fans.
Haha true, except many genuine Collingwood supporters don’t live on BF. By the way I’m looking for three tickets. For real! Happy to spend $$

I’d rather go straight sets than lose a grand final. No prizes for runner up, the prize is the exact same as finishing 18th.

I think its healthy for you to have this mental approach to supporting footy, given where your list will likely go over the next few seasons under degenerate goodie.

I’d rather go straight sets than lose a grand final. No prizes for runner up, the prize is the exact same as finishing 18th.

The cope, it burns.

FWIW, the runners up prize is $700k. 18th gets bugger all.

You also get the excitement of your team playing on the hallowed MCG on grand final day.*

*Terms and conditions apply: Offer void if your side plays in an asterisk Covid premiership in Perth.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back