Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Mick, can we count on your support on Saturday? After all we’ve been through.
Unfortunately not lol. Sorry 😂.

But I will walk back my criticism of Brisbane being flat track bullies. Unequivocally if they get up. Charlie Cameron was a bit of a dick after the 2017 grand final loss. The crows had a function for the supporters and they were all chanting Charlie's name wanting him to speak and he refused so we all knew something was up. Thinking of him getting a premiership doesn't exactly warm the cockles of my heart.

Plus the real pies vs fake pies has me wanting Collingwood to get up. My old man's a port supporter so he's barracking hardcore for Brisbane if that gives you any comfort lol.

Wrong, the replay didn’t have the large corporate attendance.
Wrong. The largest attendance was last year ... going back a fair bit.

Pies will have to be at their absolute best to win. Their early season form would easily win this GF. Could have also easily lost both finals but just got over the line with their sheer will to win. They have been struggling to kick goals, Frampton and Cox will need to kick around 5 goals between them I reckon if they are to do it. Adams and McStay are big outs. Brisbane are kind of peaking at the right time, have won both finals fairly convincingly. They have the fire power to kick 15+ goals and the hot conditions will suit them. Stars like Andrews, McCluggage, Neale are really firing. I’m leaning Lions by around 20points after a tight first half.
Reckon the Pies premiership choke is real. Some teams just know how to win the big ones. Real Madrid in Euro finals is the classic example. Have won a few CL finals in recent times simply through reputation. Others are experts are losing them. A lot of my Collingwood mates have been very quiet not wanting to ‘jinx’ them. I can sort of feel their anxiety and panic.

Collingwood are having more trouble kicking goals than Manchester United. Struggling to score again just won't cut it against Brisbane. Got away with 2 clubs shooting themselves in the foot to get to the GF. Melbourne against the Pies bumbled, fumbled, fell over, used the ball something horrid going into the F50, always out of position, kicked like a dog's hind leg at goal, having 25 shots to 15 but dumping 7 of those shots out on the full. Despite that they only lost by 7pts as the Pies struggled score.

Brisbane easy.
Dumb post - If Coll were lucky against Melb so were Carlton.

Melb have been playing that way all year - they were useless going I50 all year, and miraculously the pundits thought that would change in finals.

It says more about the pundits than Coll.

One of the worst GFs ever, it didn't even feel like a proper GF, they should have played extra time the week before and Collingwood probably would have lost.
No,it was one of the best GFs . Destroyed the Aints and it is good to see it still effects some of their dickhead supporters like you know who.
The club that made a legend out of on the game's worst thugs in J F''''G O'dea. May they rot in hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard Whateley on AFL360 tried to make out it would be a 50/50 split with the neutrals on who to support, even Robbo laughed at that idea

How many neutrals will be supporting Collingwood? They will be lucky if it is a 10/90 split with 10% supporting them let alone a 50/50 split.

Gerard Whateley on AFL360 tried to make out it would be a 50/50 split with the neutrals on who to support, even Robbo laughed at that idea

How many neutrals will be supporting Collingwood? They will be lucky if it is a 10/90 split with 10% supporting them let alone a 50/50 split.
Gerardo needs to lay off the Devil's Lettuce.
The vast majority of 'neutrals' will be barracking against my mob.
If it were the Kangas, or the Dogs, Dees or other less disliked teams, it might be a bit more even on the interstate factor, but no chance with my mob.
There seems to be a fair degree of confidence amongst our supporters, which surprises me, too.
Lions have had the wood on us, we'll be missing McStay (would have been handy to keep Andrews on a tighter leash alone) and Adams to their Payne, it'll be fairly warm etc., plus we need to play 4 GFs to win one.
But we've given ourselves a chance and our crowd will make a fair bit of noise if we can get going.
Dunkley to De Goey shapes as a pivotal matchup.

Last edited:
Dumb post - If Coll were lucky against Melb so were Carlton.

Melb have been playing that way all year - they were useless going I50 all year, and miraculously the pundits thought that would change in finals.

It says more about the pundits than Coll.
Most pundits are strumpets,
The sound of their own trumpets.

One of the worst GFs ever, it didn't even feel like a proper GF, they should have played extra time the week before and Collingwood probably would have lost.

I actually agree with this as a Collingwood supporter.

Gerardo needs to lay off the Devil's Lettuce.
The vast majority of 'neutrals' will be barracking against my mob.
If it were the Kangas, or the Dogs, Dees or other less disliked teams, it might be a bit more even on the interstate factor, but no chance with my mob.
There seems to be a fair degree of confidence amongst our supporters, which surprises me, too.
Lions have had the wood on us, we'll be missing McStay (would have been handy to keep Andrews on a tighter leash alone) and Adams to their Payne, it'll be fairly warm etc., plus we need to play 4 GFs to win one.
But we've given ourselves a chance and our crowd will make a fair bit of noise if we can get going.
Dunkley to De Goey shapes as a pivotal matchup.

We're also missing Ashcroft from our B22 so it's fairly even. KPD and MID vs KPF and MID.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back