Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

It was loud AF at the G. As loud as the prelim against GWS.

The heat might have been a factor but in my eyes the entire 2nd half was a high pressure affair as you'd expect of a closely contested GF.

It was a great game. Brisbane are a brilliant side.
Ah yes, yeah figured. The intensity of the GWS match seemed a bit higher late though. Expected the Lions to have more run but both seemed a little gassed near the end. Surprised Coll was so much more attacking in the second half too. Lions lucky to be in it and could easily have gone their way.

Collingwood were the best team all year - helps when you play most games at home.

Imagine if an ump gave that advantage to Collingwood and they lost - would have been a re-enactment of The Zapruder Film.
It happened just last week, but you’re on BF, so you won’t hear about it. Geez people on here are sore losers.

Had his head taken off last week no free.

Daicos flops gets 3 including a goal.

It's clear, isn't it?

The umpires are a pawn used by the AFL to act on their secret agenda which is to gift Collingwood flags.

Only a select few can see this. Life can be lonely for visionaries. The sheer injustice of it must choke you.

Those Magnificent Magpies win their 16th Premiership. A well deserved flag, been the best team all year. We have now proven that you can put the cue in the rack 6 weeks out from finals when you know you are the superior team for the season and do not need to waste your time and effort on pointless end of season H&A games agianst inferior opposition. We are re-writing the history books.

To all the haters on here who just cannot give credit where credit is due, well, you can all go and * ****.

Floreat Pica!!

It's clear, isn't it?

The umpires are a pawn used by the AFL to act on their secret agenda which is to gift Collingwood flags.

Only a select few can see this. Life can be lonely for visionaries. The sheer injustice of it must choke you.

Correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it loud inside the stadium? Because channel 7's coverage made it seem like there were about 15k there, with their penchant for dulling out the crowd noise. They seriously need to buy some effects mic's.

It's not the mics. It's the compression of audio track OTA. When you buy the blu-rays you hear what the feed is actually supposed to sound like. Especially those 2010 and 2011 crowd noises involving collingwood GF's on DD 5.1 audio blu-ray tracks are spine tingling in a way they never were originally viewed on TV

Takes its to another level. Streaming stuff like Kayo etc still compresses it all too much. YT etc. They clamp down quality everwhere. One day they'll get it right for the billions of dollars the licensing deals command. You'd think delivering a spine tingling immersive product for your senses would be A1 on the list to make it command even more $$$ next time lol

It's clear, isn't it?

I'll be disappointed if Collingwood don't 4peat after today. No other team can match them.

It's not the mics. It's the compression of audio track OTA. When you buy the blu-rays you hear what the feed is actually supposed to sound like. Especially those 2010 and 2011 crowd noises involving collingwood GF's on DD 5.1 audio blu-ray tracks are spine tingling in a way they never were originally viewed on TV

Takes its to another level. Streaming stuff like Kayo etc still compresses it all too much. YT etc. They clamp down quality everwhere. One day they'll get it right for the billions of dollars the licensing deals command. You'd think delivering a spine tingling immersive product for your senses would be A1 on the list to make it command even more $$$ next time lol

Interesting take on it. I thought it was simply the moron that's the head of production at 7 playing with the volume to amplify the commentary up and the crowd noise down. The reason being, during the season if you watch the same game through fox on at the same time it appears unfiltered and has much better atmosphere. I always thought 7 just ****ing around with the soundings.

Just got home (watched on the big screen in the city) and watched the highlights. Last 5 minutes it seemed to me on the tv the crowd noise was wasn't as loud as I expected, despite how close/tense it was. Was it just the broadcast? I imagine it was rocking at the G. Also the pressure/desperation seemed a little less than I expected, maybe heat/fatigue?
Number of factors actually. Heat/fatigue and strategies from both teams to sacrifice attack to nullify opposition's strengths. It was an arm wrestle all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back