Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 3 - GWS v Carlton Sat April 1st 4:35pm AEDT (GS)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

• GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • GWS by a lot

• Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting until the end of the game when scores are tight to call a dissent free right in front of goals after you missed a HTB decision is baffling.

We are a multi billion dollar sport. It is time to invest heavily in officiating and get them on full time and review the entire thing.

On the plus side, these wins are luring Carlton and its fans into a nice false sense of security so we have that going for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting until the end of the game when scores are tight to call a dissent free right in front of goals after you missed a HTB decision is baffling.

We are a multi billion dollar sport. It is time to invest heavily in officiating and get them on full time and review the entire thing.

On the plus side, these wins are luring Carlton and its fans into a nice false sense of security so we have that going for us.

Umpiring will never be fixed while they lack any accountability for their actions and decisions. They have free reign. When has that ever worked in any facet of life?

I love it when the game is decided because an umpire gets their feelings hurt.

A Carlton player did the same thing two minutes later asking for a deliberate free with his arms out but nothing. If umpires want respect, actually interact with the players. There was no abuse. There was no undermining of the decision. It was close to the worst decision I've seen in my 40+ years of following the game.

That being said, Jesse Hogan may want to actually try and get front position in a contest rather than wanting his team mates to kick it 60 metres in heavy, wet conditions.

Over the game, the Blues were the better side.

Umpiring will never be fixed while they lack any accountability for their actions and decisions. They have free reign. When has that ever worked in any facet of life?

OJ.

Coniglio/Whitfield “free kick” was one of the worst umpiring decisions of all time.

Definitely swayed the game. Though we were the better side over the day GWS were absolutely coming back.

Ugly game. But a win is a win.

I'm not annoyed Carlton won, I think I tipped them. It's just so disappointing that such a contentious decision can ruin what should have been a thrilling finish.
I was thrilled.

Coniglio/Whitfield “free kick” was one of the worst umpiring decisions of all time.

Definitely swayed the game. Though we were the better side over the day GWS were absolutely coming back.

Ugly game. But a win is a win.

No you weren't.

GWS were better than you 80% of the game. The only reason you had more scoring shots is because GWS lacked the killer i50 disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 3 - GWS v Carlton Sat April 1st 4:35pm AEDT (GS)

Back