Autopsy AFL 2024 First Elimination Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 7th 7:30pm EST (Gabba) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues fans have had a rough few weeks.

They lose to St Kilda. Basically shit themselves for 2 hours only to get belted in finals.
I wonder if they will come to our board like they did when they lost to us but fell into the finals.
Hilarious.
Foregone conclusion they would embarrass themselves tonight.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Commentary team is hilarious. “At least Carlton haven’t been absolutely embarrassed”.

Bro, the game was over halfway through the second quarter and the Lions have been in cruise control for an entire half
To be fair it's correct. They had everything except thier undies pulled down.

Lion Leo GIF by CSU

Carlton once again falling short and not winning a Finals match outside Victoria. This time losing to the Brisbane Lions by 28 points in an Elimination Final at the Gabba.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240907_201105_Sheets.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240907_201105_Sheets.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
This is as unconvincing I've seen from a finals team who was winning 60-15 at half time. Brisbane should be thankful GWS emptied their tank and then some today.
Foot off the gas after 10 goals up. Bigger fish to fry than a wildcard easy beat.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have Hinkley like doubts on Fagan.

I rate Brisbane the best 22, although Payne injury will dictate whether they are a contender still - most underrated player in the comp.

But I wonder whether Fagan has the hard side needed to get Brisbane playing to their full ability, especially being unselfish going forward. It’s been their problem for a number of years now - always general play dominance, which won’t stop with Will & Levi coming through as the next gen and Rayner/Coleman establishing themselves, but they never quite finish it on the scoreboard. And a lot comes down to shot selection.

Does Fagan give them a rocket tonight or does he bank the win? I’d be giving them a rocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'll refrain from giving the full ten barrels right now but there cannot be any glossing over any of this performance tonite and the lead-up to it.

In fact this has been an extremely embarrassing & lacklustre second half of the season and there is no acceptable reason why it happened.

There has to be a serious review of our coaches, match committee & playing list now because it beggars belief how we have gone from raging flag favourites to winning only two more matches for the season and they were against the two bottom teams.

We only fell into a finals spot because Freo crapped their dacks, we didn't earnt it and we played like that tonite.

There is so much more to write but I am far too livid, gutted & embarrassed by what this club has given us this season, enough's enough, we have been bypassed by the Hawks already.

To be fair Carlton have done a lot better than I thought they would tonight
If Lions kicked half the goals they shanked, Blues wouldn’t have been anywhere near it.

Their goal kicking stats are abysmal.

I have Hinkley like doubts on Fagan.

I rate Brisbane the best 22, although Payne injury will dictate whether they are a contender still - most underrated player in the comp.

But I wonder whether Fagan has the hard side needed to get Brisbane playing to their full ability, especially being unselfish going forward. It’s been their problem for a number of years now - always general play dominance, which won’t stop with Will & Levi coming through as the next gen and Rayner/Coleman establishing themselves, but they never quite finish it on the scoreboard. And a lot comes down to shot selection.

Does Fagan give them a rocket tonight or does he bank the win? I’d be giving them a rocket.
Hipwood shouldn’t be picked - he has zero impact. Aren’t key forwards supposed to kick some goals ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Elimination Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 7th 7:30pm EST (Gabba) - Teams in OP

Back