Autopsy AFL 2024 First Elimination Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 7th 7:30pm EST (Gabba) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole 60-0 is a bit of a overstated thing

To me the most worrying aspect of all is that when the sub was made, Kennedy came out and Zac Williams stayed in. If you are going to pick your team based on the amount of salary they earn, you are never going to instil the standards required to win a premiership

Like the previous 2 teams who lost on Thursday/Friday, once again the bottom 6 of the side are just not up to it in any way for Carlton. They need to get some half forwards on the cheap. They also need to dump Zac Williams contract, even if that means losing some draft capital

Junk time goals to make it look half decent.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brisbane’s shocking goal kicking helped with that too.
Should’ve thrashed them by more.
They’re not going any further if they continue to kick like that.

Well done Blues - proud of the players.

Unlucky things didnt go our way this year - but for heavens sakes man can we please have a settled side in 2025.
Insane.
'll refrain from giving the full ten barrels right now but there cannot be any glossing over any of this performance tonite and the lead-up to it.

In fact this has been an extremely embarrassing & lacklustre second half of the season and there is no acceptable reason why it happened.

There has to be a serious review of our coaches, match committee & playing list now because it beggars belief how we have gone from raging flag favourites to winning only two more matches for the season and they were against the two bottom teams.

We only fell into a finals spot because Freo crapped their dacks, we didn't earnt it and we played like that tonite.

There is so much more to write but I am far too livid, gutted & embarrassed by what this club has given us this season, enough's enough, we have been bypassed by the Hawks already.
Sane.

oh you are joking right?

this was perfect humiliation, the Blues were allowed to score only when the game was over and the cue on the rack

They didn't give up and get rolled by 112 like some sides have this year, Port shit the bed at home etc

blues were ordinary but they did show a bit of fight , how's that not correct?

He hadn't trained in months up until Thursday. I understand the decision, turned out to be the wrong one though.

At full health he would have been starting without a doubt.
There is no getting around the fact that TDK should have started and Docherty (if playing at all) should've been sub.

File it under "Crazy Vossy" and move on, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight is the reason we need the wild card games for when a team just limps into the 8 and performs terribly so it would be better if another more deserving team made finals instead.
Like Freo or Gold Coast or Essendon.

Tonight is the reason we need the wild card games for when a team just limps into the 8 and performs terribly so it would be better if another more deserving team made finals instead.
So your solution is for a team that limped in to be replaced by a team that limped in?

So is that it for this lot?

Is another generation of top draft picks passing into mediocrity together, Like Kreuzer et al. before them?

Probably said the same thing about Sydney last year when they lost their EF. It's a nuffie world.

Personally i think this is a young squad.

Kemp is 23, Walsh and Cerra are 24
TDK is 25
Weitering, Harry, Charlie are 26-27
We need to look to the future for some players that are over 30 - but other than Doc that looked like he hadn't played elite competitive sports in a year against fine tuned and in form players - players like Newman, Doc and Saad have at least 2-3 years in them Cripps, Acres, Hewett 4-5 years.

We have all the parts - they just need to stay on the park consistently and build cohesion.. we dont have neither availability nor selecting a team based on form.... maybe next year

What excuses did he use?
SDK on reduced minutes. Alluding to all the unusual circumstances like no other clubs have injured players. Other clubs just choose not to play them until they’re right and bring in the kids because they have a system - unlike Voss.

SDK on reduced minutes. Alluding to all the unusual circumstances like no other clubs have injured players. Other clubs just choose not to play them until they’re right and bring in the kids because they have a system - unlike Voss.
They asked him about TDK and the returnees and he was right about it being a pretty unique circumstance to have all of them out and then available like that. It's an elimination final they were always going to go all out if they were healthy enough to play.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
Rest in peace ☮️ Rodney Dangerfield

Probably said the same thing about Sydney last year when they lost their EF. It's a nuffie world.

Personally i think this is a young squad.

Kemp is 23, Walsh and Cerra are 24
TDK is 25
Weitering, Harry, Charlie are 26-27
We need to look to the future for some players that are over 30 - but other than Doc that looked like he hadn't played elite competitive sports in a year against fine tuned and in form players - players like Newman, Doc and Saad have at least 2-3 years in them Cripps, Acres, Hewett 4-5 years.

We have all the parts - they just need to stay on the park consistently and build cohesion.. we dont have neither availability nor selecting a team based on form.... maybe next year
Cripps may have 4-5 years, but with rapidly diminishing returns.
do you see enough improvement in the youngsters to more than just neutralise that natural decline of your older stars.

Thinking about next year, you would need to make the finals, which isn't obvious, AND avoid the likes of Hawthorn who have gone screaming past Carlton to god-knows-what level they are on their way to. Hawthorn would already win by 60+ points if they played today, and just wait for another year of development at Glenferrie.

I'm afraid I'm seeng 6th-10th finishes from here until the Cripps/Weitering/McKay/Curnow generation fades away.

I don't know the solution, maybe a coach that can get this team outperforming rather than middling?

Whatever it is, it needs to happen now, otherwise will go down as one of the most talented teams never to really threaten.

Cripps may have 4-5 years, but with rapidly diminishing returns.
do you see enough improvement in the youngsters to more than just neutralise that natural decline of your older stars.

Thinking about next year, you would need to make the finals, which isn't obvious, AND avoid the likes of Hawthorn who have gone screaming past Carlton to god-knows-what level they are on their way to. Hawthorn would already win by 60+ points if they played today, and just wait for another year of development at Glenferrie.

I'm afraid I'm seeng 6th-10th finishes from here until the Cripps/Weitering/McKay/Curnow generation fades away.

I don't know the solution, maybe a coach that can get this team outperforming rather than middling?

Whatever it is, it needs to happen now, otherwise will go down as one of the most talented teams never to really threaten.

Cripps keeps his form up and stays healthy he will play for longer than the average player like all quality players do.

Weitering, McKay, Curnow are A grade players.

I mean in your premiership years Richmond were blessed with availability - like Sydney are this year.

how does wild card games stop shit teams falling into finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Elimination Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 7th 7:30pm EST (Gabba) - Teams in OP

Back