Autopsy AFL 2024 First Elimination Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 7th 7:30pm EST (Gabba) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton started the game like they played that third quarter they may be well in this but to go into protection mode for the first half has cost them the win.

Heads have to roll after this, there can be no sugarcoating this effort.

All blues fans have been sold a team of imposters.
No.
The Bloos were never in it.
The game is played at the 1st bounce.
The Lions demolished the Blues in the 1st half. It’s no surprise they went into self preservation mode getting ready for next week after half time.

The Lions fluffed goals that were ‘certainties’.

This would have been an 80 flogging if it was a H&A game with % meaning something.

In that respect Maclure is right...something did go wrong.

After the Blues thrashed the Cats mid-season all the talk was how the latter were found out, cooked, exposed. Meanwhile the Blues had the cavalry back, were flying, the draw was about to open up for them after a tough run of fixtures to open the year. Second favourites for the premiership, a grand final or better was the pass mark. The chest beating was outrageous in Blues land. Posters such as WITG were getting entirely carried away. Whether the team bought their own hype I don't know, but losing every single game to teams not in the bottom 3 for the rest of the year was the response. Maybe next time the club and supporters won't get carried away prematurely.

That guy is low rent.
Just makes stuff up and then crosses his fingers hoping something happens.

Has no idea about footy.
When he says dumb things about us like this I just clench my jaw and hope he’s right because it’s such good ammo to use against us when he’s inevitably wrong

And he’s wrong all the time, because he’s a little dweeb

“They’re not gonna pick him Mitch”

What a ****wit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we don’t go on and win it still a successful season. Collingwood a finals no show and got to end Carlton’s season (again), you got to love it.
………. and for all that ……. No premiership. You must have a low bar of expectation, If the Lions do wet the bed again it’s another opportunity gone and another big fail.
I’d be keeping me powder dry chump!!

your team has done nothing but fail for 20 years, yet you talk like someone who's won something. Go figure
How convenient you picked ‘20 years’ why not 24 years?? Fail- well if you consider losing a grand final by under a kick and playing in finals series after finals series failures then your a bit of a goose. Only one team wins it a year, can hardly call every other teams year a failure. Not making finals after a grand final is certainly a failure I know that for dam sure.

Not making finals after winning a grand final is certainly a failure I know that for dam sure.
Edited for you.

But I do agree, it is a failure to not make the finals this year after winning it last year.

As a fan I am truly devastated. Hopefully I can be devastated like this time and time again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Elimination Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 7th 7:30pm EST (Gabba) - Teams in OP

Back