Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Swans v Demons Thurs March 7th 7:30pm AEDT (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • Swans by a lot

• Demons by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliver 30 and 3.
Gawn to monster whatever passes for a ruckman at Sydney.

Dees by *in’ heaps.
This is the Toump Ass I know and love.

Only 30 and 3 for Oliver? Must still be underdone

You're never right.
Yeah, I go into every game with wide eyed optimism and misplaced confidence like every Melbourne supporter in here. There’s a few Melbourne posters that sift through the negative vitriolic approach towards them when the MFC majority doesn’t agree with their opinions.

The fact is I have been and will continue to be right on some predictions. You don’t win them all, but there’s always people like queuing up to let us know.

Don’t reply to my posts, you’re totally negative and offer nothing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Demons can't beat the Swans with their likely outs, they could struggle to make the 8

Swans in a close one
If Adams misses as well, I'm starting to lean towards the Dees.

Think this is the match of the weekend either way.
The outs hurt but yikes Melbourne’s midfield depth looks awful. Let’s assume Oliver doesn’t play. They basically have Viney, Petracca, then crickets. At least we have some decent B-graders to fall back on. I’d obviously rather Parker, Mills and Adams (if he misses) were all playing but I do think we’re better equipped to cover those losses than Melbourne covering Oliver, Brayshaw and Hunter.

You know it’s grim when Tom Sparrow looks like being a key part of the midfield rotation.

The outs hurt but yikes Melbourne’s midfield depth looks awful. Let’s assume Oliver doesn’t play. They basically have Viney, Petracca, then crickets. At least we have some decent B-graders to fall back on. I’d obviously rather Parker, Mills and Adams (if he misses) were all playing but I do think we’re better equipped to cover those losses than Melbourne covering Oliver, Brayshaw and Hunter.

You know it’s grim when Tom Sparrow looks like being a key part of the midfield rotation.

Huh?

Sparrow is a good young player who is going to get more time in the middle where he's shown quite a bit.

Salem has been given a midfield role and started well.

Outside of Brayshaw we lost a plodder in Harmes and a vanilla midfielder in Jordon. The likes of Bailey Laurie, Blake Howes who have had big pre-seasons will provide more than either of those two.

The least of my concerns would be the midfield.

The least of my concerns would be the midfield.
Fair enough. Well if that’s the case then I have particularly grave concerns about all your other positions 🥴 Time will tell I guess. I have been wrong before and I guess there’s a decent chance it’ll happen again someday.

Don't think Melbourne's midfield outs are the worry. I'd argue that missing nearly our entire forward line (Petty, Pickett, McAdam, Melksham) and being forced to play Josh Schache and a bunch of kids is a little more concerning.

Deez will win this comfortably. Their backline will prevent the Swans talls from kicking a score and they’ll get enough looks through Gawn petracca my boi viney and Oliver. Schache to kick a bag.

Deez will win this comfortably. Their backline will prevent the Swans talls from kicking a score and they’ll get enough looks through Gawn petracca my boi viney and Oliver. Schache to kick a bag.

Not sure why Schache would try and kick a bag but I doubt he has the desire to even catch the bag in order to kick it.

Fair enough. Well if that’s the case then I have particularly grave concerns about all your other positions 🥴 Time will tell I guess. I have been wrong before and I guess there’s a decent chance it’ll happen again someday.
At the moment, the same way people could express concerns about Sydney. Let's see how teams start and evaluate after 5-6 rounds.

At the moment, the same way people could express concerns about Sydney. Let's see how teams start and evaluate after 5-6 rounds.
Sydney have significant midfield depth, and that’s what this whole discussion kicked off being about. In contrast the top two or three at the Dees are very good but their second tier falls away dramatically. So you’re quite incorrect to say that we could say the same thing about both teams.

That doesn’t necessarily translate into a Swans win, but it puts them in the box seat and is the reason they’re holding favouritism at the moment.

Sydney have significantly better midfield depth than Melbourne. In contrast the top two or three at the Dees are very good but their second tier falls away dramatically. So you’re quite incorrect to say that we could say the same thing about both teams.

That doesn’t necessarily translate into a Swans win, but it puts them in the box seat.
That's your opinion, I disagree. You also talked about other positions.

If anything Swans midfield contest was a weak point for you last year and your depth there is not great either. You got Parker and Mills out, Adam will be borderline fit. Gawn over Grundy every time. I go with Melbourne.

As for defence, not close, Melbourne.

I give you edge in forward line but talls are still young and need to prove themselves.

Because it's at SCG, I go with Swans but just and it will not surprise me if Melbourne wins.

Luckily preseason games mean nothing (otherwise I would say Lions gave you a lesson in 3rd).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Swans v Demons Thurs March 7th 7:30pm AEDT (SCG)

Back