Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 36.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 54 24.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s won a Gary Ayres Medal and if you actually look through his record, it’s legitimately good. I understand as a Tigers fan why you wouldn’t think this because in 3 crucial finals against us, when he was our main man, we didn’t win: so fair enough, he carries that stigma. I don’t begrudge that opinion. But invariably since he joined us when we win finals he has been at the heart of it, often when we lose them he has still played quite well. And he’s absolutely never gone missing.

Re. Cameron I don’t necessarily disagree as I think it’s harder to counter a gun forward like he is - realistically he is probably the next closest thing to Franklin from the last 20 years in that he is a key forward who also happens to be a freak athlete so if he’s on, you just can’t stop him so he will simply win you games and there’s nothing you can do about it. Dangerfield is a midfielder and there are things you can do to limit the damage he can inflict
Dangerfield legit should have sat out the first 4 weeks of 2021 season for what he did to Vlastuin in 20 granny. Good player and all but also a real sniper

The better side won.

We has a crack but had one of those games where our weaknesses were exposed and our strengths blunted just enough for Brisbane to land the killer blows.

Congrats to the Lions. Go well in the grand final - continuing to knock on the door while improving deserves serious credit.

For the Cats - thereabouts but never felt like a premiership team. Similar to a number of years under Scott. Our bottom 5 were comfortably worse than Brisbane's and their clutch players almost all delivered.

The better side won.

We has a crack but had one of those games where our weaknesses were exposed and our strengths blunted just enough for Brisbane to land the killer blows.

Congrats to the Lions. Go well in the grand final - continuing to knock on the door while improving deserves serious credit.

For the Cats - thereabouts but never felt like a premiership team. Similar to a number of years under Scott. Our bottom 5 were comfortably worse than Brisbane's and their clutch players almost all delivered.

Nah dude.

I get the banter pre-game....

"never felt like a premiership team..."

Then why the **** were you in a PF?

high five baby, peace.

Superb by the Lions. Balls of steel and skills to match.

Both sides showed brilliance and toughness, both delivered superb efgorts despite injuries.

Especially happy to see Ollie Henry sticking in goals when it was white hot, quality kid.

That Ashhcroft is pure gold, apparently theres another on the way.

I thought the umps didn't affect the result, the Cats dont seem to get every possible free paid, but Brisbane aren't one of the "favoured" ones.
Yep, consensus is he’s the best kid in the draft too

He tried nothing and he was all out of ideas.

season 8 beatnik GIF
I wish we lost in a semi than a prelim, I would be so stoked with that

Dangerfield legit should have sat out the first 4 weeks of 2021 season for what he did to Vlastuin in 20 granny. Good player and all but also a real sniper

I don’t agree with that. And that’s not bias and you can accuse me of that all you like but it never will be.

The suspension side of things? Well you can argue that all you want and I won’t begrudge you your right to do so. I do t really agree with you but I get your point of view so fair enough.

The idea that he’s a ‘sniper’ for doing that? That’s garbage mate and I think if you take the yellow and black glasses off for five seconds you’ll realise that. It’s a split second game and with you have someone coming at you you raise hands, arms, forearms, shoulders, knees, whatever: it happens.

People who headbutt people, people who punch people: they’re snipers.

People who in the contest for a ball or in the act of trying to break a tackle commit acts that transgress rules might earn a suspension and that’s fine, but it doesn’t make them a sniper

I get people not liking Dangerfield. But he’s not a ‘dirty player’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s pick on the young kid. Really?
Has had a wonderful season.

Chirpy
He’s a downhill skier.

Got shown up big time in finals footy for being a seagull who didn’t want to go near the contest.

Play anyone but a squib tonight and you win. Zac Bailey got rolling in the 3rd while Ollie was standing 20 meters off the corridor waving his arms and saying kick it to me, while his opponent was helping his side into a Grand Final.

just got home now to celebrate.
Are these thread pages worth reading ? hope so. am about to have a look :) What a match !!
I think the close shave with the Giants and Pies was good for the Lions in recent weeks .
you REALLY need practice at close finishes and composure. you can see improvement all the time.
Well done Lions . !! Brissy is proud of you tonight !!!

Nah dude.

I get the banter pre-game....

"never felt like a premiership team..."

Then why the **** were you in a PF?

high five baby, peace.
Oh once you're in a prelim you dare to dream. Of course you do. I have every time Geelong has made it to the last 4 teams.

I said it was a 50/50 game all week so of course I thought Geelong were a reasonable chance of making the grand final.

However Sydney have been the best team. We were hoping to steal one. I give Brisbane a 40% chance next week but if Sydney bring their best they will win: same as if they were playing Geelong.

In a weak era some decent but not outstanding sides make grand finals. They tend to get punished by really good ones. It's up to Sydney to prove they are that next week.

Your comment literally said geelong were expected to be bottom 4, "genius"
Not expecting them to be top 4 does not mean people expect them to be bottom 4
No one had us in the finals, some had us bottom 4, go to the the pre season thread, I know you won’t bother. Just live in your hock ball 🌈 bubble and enjoy life

Bullshit.

just got home now to celebrate.
Are these thread pages worth reading ? hope so. am about to have a look :) What a match !!
I think the close shave with the Giants and Pies was good for the Lions in recent weeks .
you REALLY need practice at close finishes and composure. you can see improvement all the time.
Well done Lions . !! Brissy is proud of you tonight !!!
no question. you can build form in managing close finishes. Will stand Lions in good stead next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back