Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Swans v Freo Sat June 29th 1:45pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

God knows what to make of us , gutsy 1pt win against top team away , bit stiff in another couple against good teams flogged by the 16th team , belted a top 4 contender by near 100 and got smashed by a team near us on the ladder by 70 and been reasonable for most of the rest of the games

Bloody weirdo team

Funny no-ones really picked up how we are a genuine top 4 team in dry daytime footy but pretty crap under lights or if it’s slippery in any way

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great game. Both sides hard at it, umpires were pretty much rolling D20s to give out free kicks, both benefitted and were shafted in relatively even measure. Both sides missed some sitters, and also played some scintillating football. Don't think Sydney are losing much sleep at 13-2 after a 1 point loss to a finals sides.

I will say that if we meet you in finals, I hope it's at the SCG. It suits our clearance/pressure game (that 5m each way makes a difference). I feel the Swans are borderline unbeatable if they've got a paddock to run in, still theirs to lose for mine.

As for our two proud fanbases engaging in unseemingly back-and-forth, come on, we're not Victorians

Forgot to add, what's the over/under on the number of minutes the footy shows will give to the 1st/3rd place game vs the rest of the weekend?

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great post. I thought umpiring for the 1st half was best I'd seen all season, second half not so good although I do agree it balanced out with neither side getting much of an advantage out of it overall. Agree re the 13-2 and not losing much sleep. If you keep giving sides 5 goal starts it's going to lose you a game eventually and rather it now than later in the season. Lot of positives for both sides with some of their younger players especially Draper.

Strange comment. You wouldn't rather Freo have lost and you'd be above them on the ladder right now?
Right now doesn't really matter, in the long run if Freo were to have dropped out of the 8 that's one less team we can use our percentage against.

Admittedly we aren't catching Sydney, so that wasn't ideal for us but meh, was cool to see Freo win.

Nothing more sure of a Sydney collapse in September on the big stage yet again. They look so vulnerable for such large periods in so many games.
And yet… we’re still well on top of the ladder with a massive percentage and the best record of any top eight team against the rest of the top eight.

Which suggests that though we’re looking “vulnerable” in so many games, we’re still winning those games, which is the object, surely?

Haha Warner on wing with bout 1min to go had approximately 25 steps n no htb -i guess the rule is 15m in a straight line you need to bounce🤣

didn't he do that bullshit bounce he does no reason on the first couple of steps? Not rewatching to check 😂

And yet… we’re still well on top of the ladder with a massive percentage and the best record of any top eight team against the rest of the top eight.

Which suggests that though we’re looking “vulnerable” in so many games, we’re still winning those games, which is the object, surely?

which teams aren't looking vulnerable at times I wonder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Freo go undefeated the rest of the year? Hawks in Tassie is tough but they look a fair shot

Our best is very good, but you won't get it every week. We're still young and inconsistent. Particularly in the forward line. And now with Pearce and Cox out the backline could struggle to deliver week in week out. Draper for example was immense yesterday, but was dropped a couple weeks ago because of form.

Our best is very good, but you won't get it every week. We're still young and inconsistent. Particularly in the forward line. And now with Pearce and Cox out the backline could struggle to deliver week in week out. Draper for example was immense yesterday, but was dropped a couple weeks ago because of form.

Very true , any side on their day can win .

Freo should at least win 6 of their last 8 but who knows .

Do Freo go undefeated the rest of the year? Hawks in Tassie is tough but they look a fair shot
Nights Talladega GIF

Love the optimism !!!
We also have Bombers in Melbourne and GWS in Sydney, neither of those will be easy games but I reckon you’re spot on, Hawks in Tassie probably the biggest threat.
Although it’s more our style to win those and drop a game like next week’s Richmond at home though.
The joys of being a Dockets supporter - always living on the edge !🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love the optimism !!!
We also have Bombers in Melbourne and GWS in Sydney, neither of those will be easy games but I reckon you’re spot on, Hawks in Tassie probably the biggest threat.
Although it’s more our style to win those and drop a game like next week’s Richmond at home though.
The joys of being a Dockets supporter - always living on the edge !🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most fans see their own fixture as more challenging .

I am nervous about the Saints and Roos next two. The idea that you are even worried about the Tigers next week is baffling to me as an outsider, you will win that easily.

The tassie one is just such a long trip for the Dockers , but GWS look rubbish too.

Oh well who knows, the Dockers ruckmen looked particularly great yesterday , that alone sets them up well.

didn't he do that bullshit bounce he does no reason on the first couple of steps? Not rewatching to check 😂
Reason for that is to allow time for him to build up momentum. It's used as a tactic as Warner is that powerful through the legs that if he gets momentum up he's going to break most tackles or cause them to slip low where he's going to get a free for a trip. Also optically makes it less likely for the umpire to ping him for running too far as the mind records that he's had a bounce but not necessarily when. I agree it's risky, but not the worst tactic I've seen.

Reason for that is to allow time for him to build up momentum. It's used as a tactic as Warner is that powerful through the legs that if he gets momentum up he's going to break most tackles or cause them to slip low where he's going to get a free for a trip. Also optically makes it less likely for the umpire to ping him for running too far as the mind records that he's had a bounce but not necessarily when. I agree it's risky, but not the worst tactic I've seen.

Yeah either way pretty sure he did it, but also burning the game tape, so not checking .

Back