Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - Eagles v Suns Fri Aug 2nd 8:30pm AEST/6:30pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE-vs-Goldcoast.png

16th v 13th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 21
WEST COAST EAGLES V GOLD COAST SUNS
FRIDAY AUGUST 2ND 8:30PM AEST/6:30PM WST (OPTUS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
EAGLES

B: B. Hough, H. Edwards, A. Witherden
HB: L. Duggan, J. McGovern, T. Cole
C: J. Hunt, H. Reid, R. Ginbey
HF: R. Maric, J. Waterman, J. Cripps
F: J. Darling, O. Allen - C, L. Ryan
FOLL: B. Williams, E. Yeo, T. Kelly

I/C: H. Johnston, Z. Trew, C. Hall, J. Williams, T. Dewar
EMG: C. Chesser, A. Reid, J. Culley

IN: A. Witherden, L. Duggan, J. McGovern, H. Johnston, C. Hall, T. Dewar
OUT: T. Barrass (Injured), J. Rotham (Injured), L. Edwards (Injured), J. Petruccelle (Suspension), J. Culley (Omitted), J. Hutchinson (Suspension)

SUNS
B: S. Collins, B. Uwland, M. Andrew
HB: J. Jeffrey, L. Weller, W. Powell
C: B. Fiorini, N. Anderson, S. Clohesy
HF: L. Johnston, D. Swallow, B. Humphrey
F: B. Long, B. King, J. Lukosius
FOLL: J. Witts - C, S. Flanders, M. Rowell

I/C: M. Rosas, C. Ballard, A. Sexton, W. Graham, N. Holman
EMG: D. Macpherson, N. Moyle, T. Berry

IN: B. Fiorini, A. Sexton
OUT: N. Moyle (Omitted), T. Berry (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Gold coast have 4 bottom 10 sides to finish the season but only one home game

If they are serious they will win all 4 to have a chance of finals

I know it's a dead rubber, and I know some fans might prefer to tank, but I actually really want the win for morale.
We tanked last year in final round and you guys got harley.
Time to repay the favour and let us win away

I know it's a dead rubber, and I know some fans might prefer to tank, but I actually really want the win for morale.
Dead rubber? We potentially have the opportunity to be 1 win outside the top 8 if we win this game. Definitely not a dead rubber for us.

Obviously Perth is the toughest road trip but the Eagles aren’t a 4 quarter side at the moment so we should win comfortably.

There is a real opportunity over these last 4 games to start reversing the narrative around the team and developing finals-worthy chops. Beat the Eagles and the streak is over, beat a stuttering Essendon and a pattern to road wins emerges, win the final home game against a stuttering Melbourne and say goodbye to the fans for the year and beat lowly Richmond at the G to confirm the change in fortunes and threaten the 8th to 10th spots. Sure this is optimistic but we have the easiest run home in the league, how easy does it have to be for the Suns to demonstrate competency?.........

Down back the big men will have Waterman, Allen and Darling to deal with. I assume Collins goes to Allen, Andrew to Waterman and Ballard to Darling since he will see less targets. It’s another big test for the group who have not been as dominant in recent weeks. Ryyan Maric is also in there so I don’t know if we’ll see 4 talls at some point, But Jeffrey is a decent size so we should have enough bodies that match up well. The key down back will be working their way out of defence quickly, to relieve the pressure of repeat entries and force the Eagles’ mids to run back the other way so they can’t be too singularly focussed on scoring. Weller and Powell haven’t lit up a game together yet, and this is a perfect time for it.

It's another have-to-win game for the Suns and the reaction if they don’t will be extremely embarrassing and ruin the rest of the footy weekend for me. Please spare us Damian Barrett’s smug dismissal for one more week and get us up and ready to shoot the Bombers out of the sky right before they crash into the mountain they were already hurtling towards.

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...wont-be-able-to-take-the-punditry-if-we-lose/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns by 80 points

I'm ambitious here but Suns need two things.
1. to win away from home
2. to win big

If they're any chance to play finals they need both. Doubt they'll make it but at least for their trajectory into next season they need to win this game and win it convincingly against a sub standard outfit without Barrass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - Eagles v Suns Fri Aug 2nd 8:30pm AEST/6:30pm WST (OS)

Back