Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Freo v Eagles Sat July 27th 8:10pm AEST/6:10pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

jackson, grabs ball, feels touch then throws it = Freo goal.

Young, picks up balls, runs 4 steps, tackled with arm pinned, throws ball = Freo goal.

There were many others.

Might as well rename the club to Western Freo Throwdogs.
With all the due respect in the world I think it’s probably time you get out and buy yourself a high-definition TV. There’s probably something on sale.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a bunch of finger wagging from the Vol-Kaneo this week about how Harley should handle being battered around better 16 games into his career whilst defending Butters smacking blokes off the ball for close attention playing his 111th game.

Been saying all year and I'll say again, results for the next couple years mean nothing to me as long as they show effort and don't get bent over by 80 points week in week out.

With all the due respect in the world I think it’s probably time you get out and buy yourself a high-definition TV. There’s probably something on sale.
Nah I bought all of em

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Mate does it ever get tiring?
Captain America Avengers GIF

I'm sure we'll be seeing a bunch of finger wagging from the Vol-Kaneo this week about how Harley should handle being battered around better 16 games into his career whilst defending Butters smacking blokes off the ball for close attention playing his 111th game.

Been saying all year and I'll say again, results for the next couple years mean nothing to me as long as they show effort and don't get bent over by 80 points week in week out.
Reid shouldn't dish what he can't cook. He's heading to Brayden Maynard territory fast.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Only 2 more and he catches Nick Suban.
Leave Nick Suban out of this. The bloke shanked every 2nd kick but he had some toughness. I can't say the same thing about the current eagles squad.

And don't bother bringing up Andrew Gaff either lol.

Gaff is a stat plodder. Bloke somehow gets 25-30 disposals a game and doesn't do much. It only took until mid way through the 2022 season for eagles fans to realise this.

Give me Stephen Hill and his 15 disposals a game over Andrew Gaff and his 30 touches a game.

Hell give me a prime Danyle Peace or prime Clancee Pearce over Andrew Gaff. LoL

Leave Nick Suban out of this. The bloke shanked every 2nd kick but he had some toughness. I can't say the same thing about the current eagles squad.

Gaff is a stat plodder. Bloke somehow gets 25-30 disposals a game and doesn't do much. It only took until mid way through the 2022 season for eagles fans to realise this.

Give me Stephen Hill and his 15 disposals a game over Andrew Gaff and his 30 touches a game.

Can tell you aint a fan of the Doker......

Did what we had to do to win against a stubborn opposition. Eagles pressure for the first half was insane and we really struggled with it. Our key forwards were pretty much non existent until after half time.

Midfield battle turned the tides and our run and gun was the difference - despite a couple good coast to coast efforts from the eagles

Hopefully no significant fines or injuries to anyone on either side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played Purps, were just way cleaner and slicker. You guys had so much space while we looked crowded...a lot of blokes running and flopping like headless chooks. Proud of the early effort though, at least it wasn't a drubbing as I feared, will take it.

jackson, grabs ball, feels touch then throws it = Freo goal.

Young, picks up balls, runs 4 steps, tackled with arm pinned, throws ball = Freo goal.

There were many others.

Might as well rename the club to Western Freo Throwdogs.
I am glad some of you eagles fans are salty tonight. I won't mind if Freo goes on a fluke streak and beats your mob for 11 games in a row like you did from 2015-21.

I am glad some of you eagles fans are salty tonight. I won't mind if Freo goes on a fluke streak and beats your mob for 11 games in a row like you did from 2015-21.
Your mob almost equalled us before we went on that run. I'm genuinely worried it'll get close again if we continue being shizen.

There's no fluke brother, WCE were just good and Freo were shite.

I don't think your mob has it in them.

In fact, it shouldn't even be something they think about if they want to win a flag.

Your mob almost equalled us before we went on that run. I'm genuinely worried it'll get close again if we continue being shizen.
You won't have to worry about that.

Eagles will still be bottom 6 in 2025 and 2026. But eventually, the upturn will be in 2027.

Hence I am curious on Liam Baker. He could stay at Richmond for 5 more years or go to eagles in a 5 year deal. No finals in 2025-7 but finals in 2028 for either.

Or join Freo for 5 years and contend for finals for 2025-29.

I will say this.... There is some light at the end of the tunnel.

There's no fluke brother, WCE were just good and Freo were shite.

I don't think your mob has it in them.

In fact, it shouldn't even be something they think about if they want to win a flag.
Yeah your team had a good run from 2014-21. 9th in 2014 and 2021 and finals From 2015 until 2020.

I think my mob has it in them. Dockers under Longmuir has had some impressive away wins since 2020 when Longmuir was coach.

Beat the demons at the MCG in 2022 when they were likely to go back to back. Best the cats in their turf.

Beat the swans at the SCG this year too.

I think Freo has it in them. They can be competitive vs the best.

Point is, I won't have one thought about your side from now until the end of this season.

I just wanted to win tonight.

It's a tight ladder. I want Freo to make finals 1st and foremost. Then I can think of the other stuff.

Played pretty well first half and didn’t come out of the gates in the third quarter which I sadly expected. Thought we played solid but couldn’t keep up with them. Never fun losing a derby but some things to take out of it for us. GG to those in purple out there.

Yeah your team had a good run from 2014-21. 9th in 2014 and 2021 and finals From 2015 until 2020.

I think my mob has it in them. Dockers under Longmuir has had some impressive away wins since 2020 when Longmuir was coach.

Beat the demons at the MCG in 2022 when they were likely to go back to back. Best the cats in their turf.

Beat the swans at the SCG this year too.

I think Freo has it in them. They can be competitive vs the best.

Point is, I won't have one thought about your side from now until the end of this season.

I just wanted to win tonight.

It's a tight ladder. I want Freo to make finals 1st and foremost. Then I can think of the other stuff.
Not upset to see Freo do well, just please be gracious if/when it happens.

You won't have to worry about that.

Eagles will still be bottom 6 in 2025 and 2026. But eventually, the upturn will be in 2027.

Hence I am curious on Liam Baker. He could stay at Richmond for 5 more years or go to eagles in a 5 year deal. No finals in 2025-7 but finals in 2028 for either.

Or join Freo for 5 years and contend for finals for 2025-29.

I will say this.... There is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Still we could well lose the next 4. But I'm actually kind of happy with tonight's effort compared to the last few weeks, we should win at least 1 of the next 4, maybe 2.

You're probably right, don't see us getting off the bottom for a few more seasons. Even if we improve quite a bit I think St Kilda and Adelaide are way ahead of us.

As for the Dockers I genuinely think you're a shot this season. After GWS and Brisbane, maybe Sydney, I'd rather you win than say Carlton or Port.

This is complete rubbish and no doubt has been heavily influenced by Gaff falling off a cliff post the COVID years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Freo v Eagles Sat July 27th 8:10pm AEST/6:10pm WST (OS)

Back