Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Swans v Crows Sat Aug 24th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He has very little to work with, this list is not a finals contender or even close to it
I disagree. They've matched it with a number of sides and proven they can play a solid brand of footy. I think Nicks has failed to get the best out of the team.

Tex and Fogarty at this point are good enough, along with Tilthorpe.

Rachele, Rankine, Crouch (Overrated stat getter), Soligo, Dawson (Overrated, poor leader) should be good enough to match it in the comp.

There's no excuses for being 15th at this point. They're at least a 12 game side. To finish like they have is inexcusable.
Where do you expect to finish next year of Nicks is replaced? Top 4?
A decent coach and a couple of trades and they're top 8 potential

We have actual talent that are being wasted in the SANFL or playing in the wrong position. We also can't develop our younger players and Nicks won't pick them.

I'm not saying we're a top 4 team, but our list shouldn't have us at 15th.

Such as ? Just alot of old men yelling at cloud’s really. No one really mentioned much except for this belief that a bunch of guys racking up 10 disposals in 3 qtrs of football need more opportunities they 100 percent deserve for some reason

I disagree. They've matched it with a number of sides and proven they can play a solid brand of footy. I think Nicks has failed to get the best out of the team.

Tex and Fogarty at this point are good enough, along with Tilthorpe.

Rachele, Rankine, Crouch (Overrated stat getter), Soligo, Dawson (Overrated, poor leader) should be good enough to match it in the comp.

There's no excuses for being 15th at this point. They're at least a 12 game side. To finish like they have is inexcusable.

A decent coach and a couple of trades and they're top 8 potential
12 or so good Players they have. How about the bottom 8 they have today… similar level as Eagles/Richmond/North whic is why they sit as low as they do.

Such as ? Just alot of old men yelling at cloud’s really. No one really mentioned much except for this belief that a bunch of guys racking up 10 disposals in 3 qtrs of football need more opportunities they 100 percent deserve for some reason
Dowling
Curtin
Taylor
Fog
Rankine
Worrell
Murray
Hinge
Rachelle
Dawson
Thilthorpe
Welsh (yet to debut)
Keays
Nankervis
Soligo
Michalanney

Just off the top of my head, many of these players haven't been developed, played in poor positions to accommodate the fossils in our team. You just don't know about the Crows, footy or both.

If you went back over the transcript of this commentary, the Crows have had at least 15 players that have had good seasons this year.

Dowling
Curtin
Taylor
Fog
Rankine
Worrell
Murray
Hinge
Rachelle
Dawson
Thilthorpe
Welsh (yet to debut)
Keays
Nankervis
Soligo
Michalanney

Just off the top of my head, many of these players haven't been developed, played in poor positions to accommodate the fossils in our team. You just don't know about the Crows, footy or both.
Agree. Crouch is a fraud. Ive said it before and got laughed at but i believe there is a rift between Dawson and Rachele

At the start of the year our planned forward line was Tilthorpe, Fogarty, Tex, Rankine and Rachele. We got to play them together in 2 games for the season.

Some baffling selection decisions didn't help, Nicks played some of the "leaders" way too much instead of letting the young guys get some experience and having the confidence that they would get a few games to prove themselves.

Simon Pegg Swan GIF by Working Title

At the start of the year our planned forward line was Tilthorpe, Fogarty, Tex, Rankine and Rachele. We got to play them together in 2 games for the season.

Some baffling selection decisions didn't help, Nicks played some of the "leaders" way too much instead of letting the young guys get some experience and having the confidence that they would get a few games to prove themselves.
Whats the bet Nicks grimaces for a minute before responding "yeah, we just werent good enough"

Will smash the playing group, lack of effort etc.

Reset
Reassess
Blah blah

Dowling
Curtin
Taylor
Fog
Rankine
Worrell
Murray
Hinge
Rachelle
Dawson
Thilthorpe
Welsh (yet to debut)
Keays
Nankervis
Soligo
Michalanney

Every single one of these players play when fit except for Curtin . They are not the problem. Problem is you got worse KPD in the league, and a midfield that lacks versatility. You got a very poor group of small forwards to the point you waste players there cos no one else is really viable to play there . I don’t think Nicks can fix these issues or even own them. List needs some changes, not the coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone still believe that Adelaide “deserved” to play finals last year after one umpire error?

Have well and truely proven they were not, and are not anywhere near it.

I previously thought it was a list issue, and not a Nicks issue, but the Rachele thing changes it for me. Another bizarre, embarrassing, self defeating decision from a club with a history of bizarre, embarrassing, self-defeating decisions.

And I actually have a soft spot for the Crows. Just a very weirdly run club.

Every single one of these players play when fit except for Curtin . They are not the problem. Problem is you got worse KPD in the league, and a midfield that lacks versatility. You got a very poor group of small forwards to the point you waste players there cos no one else is really viable to play there . I don’t think Nicks can fix these issues or even own them. List needs some changes, not the coach
its his team, his coaching staff, his matchday decisions, his selections, his draftees. he has been there 5 years and after steady improvement the side has gone backwards in basically every statistics this season. as coach it is his responsibility to reach a standard, and the standard they publicly set was finals. we fell well short. nicks has continually shown in key moments in games he doesn't have the nous or sense to make changes or adjustments on the fly.

just because there are other areas that need to be changed doesn't mean nicks should get another go at it. he has had his chance and failed. this was the season to get it together with his side. he played murphy for 17 games. he plays laird who is clearly not up to it anymore. these and other decisions that he has made should cost him his job. by no means should he be the only person out the door, but we all know the buck stops with the coach.

its his team, his coaching staff, his matchday decisions, his selections, his draftees. he has been there 5 years and after steady improvement the side has gone backwards in basically every statistics this season. as coach it is his responsibility to reach a standard, and the standard they publicly set was finals. we fell well short. nicks has continually shown in key moments in games he doesn't have the nous or sense to make changes or adjustments on the fly.

just because there are other areas that need to be changed doesn't mean nicks should get another go at it. he has had his chance and failed. this was the season to get it together with his side. he played murphy for 17 games. he plays laird who is clearly not up to it anymore. these and other decisions that he has made should cost him his job. by no means should he be the only person out the door, but we all know the buck stops with the coach.
I don’t think a team trotting around with that many young players and a reliance still on Laird/Croudh in the midfield (they are not keeping good players out) and Lachie Murphy as a vice captain is making finals or should be expected too.

Massive over expectations

GoEaglesGoSGIO clearly has a fetish for riling up Crows fans (see: Curtin and Rachele threads on D&T board)

Pls don’t give him any time of day
Backwards logic or what. I criticise player selections and you think player selections is a issue? Which one is it.?

People want to say its time to move Laird on and move Crouch on but no one ever mentions for who. All the young players they have a outside mids or a bit undersized still for the role.

Not one Adelaide fan also is willing to admit the defense is a issue. Keane/Murray are godsends or something when in reality the duo is bottom 3 tall defensive duos in the league and thats being generous

I think the whole "blame the coach for everything" is a contagion in the state of Adelaide. A inwards look on the list and its makeup is probably more required here. A midfield trio of Dawson/Laird/Crouch iand a defense held down by Mark Keane and Nick Murray is not a top 8 side im afraid

Backwards logic or what. I criticise player selections and you think player selections is a issue? Which one is it.?

People want to say its time to move Laird on and move Crouch on but no one ever mentions for who. All the young players they have a outside mids or a bit undersized still for the role.

Not one Adelaide fan also is willing to admit the defense is a issue. Keane/Murray are godsends or something when in reality the duo is bottom 3 tall defensive duos in the league and thats being generous

I think the whole "blame the coach for everything" is a contagion in the state of Adelaide. A inwards look on the list and its makeup is probably more required here. A midfield trio of Dawson/Laird/Crouch iand a defense held down by Mark Keane and Nick Murray is not a top 8 side im afraid
Firstly, none of that responds to why you say the shit you say about Dan and Josh

Secondly, think you’re being harsh on the KPDs. Our transition defence has been terrible this year, so quite often we’ve been caught out. 16th in time inside F50 shows that. Murray probably needs a pre-season to get back to his 2023 form again, and Keane, as good an interceptor he is, is pretty bad 1v1 (though he’s probably gone to the Pies), but they’re far from our biggest problem

Thirdly, Laird has already been moved on from the midfield. The supporters are calling out to use a mid rotation of Daws/Crouch/Soligo/Rankine/Taylor/Curtin, ie getting classier users in there to surround Crouch. Nicks and VB are sticking to their guns with Fumbleberry and re-hashing Keays, it seems. But yes, the midfield needs to continue to progress in order to be good

But like I said, your criticism of our midfield and defence doesn’t explain your trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Swans v Crows Sat Aug 24th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back