Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He became the biggest tosser years ago..
When the pies lost at the SCG in the 2022 prelim, McRae complained about the travel and the size of the SCG, He also complained about the crowd booing Ginnavin for ducking (cheating) - The AFL change the rules of the game due to the way Ginnavin would draw free kicks (cheat).
This is there only game away from the MCG since round 16
Whinging, entitled little prick
Don't hold back.
Tell us what you really think.

Brave of McRae to admit that they are used to receiving preferential umpiring at the MCG.
Incredible he has all but admitted they are biased towards Collingwood.
Something the rest of us knew all along.

And the eagles got bashed from pillar to post for the same thing at Subi and Optus.
Voice of affirmation indeed, Collingwood has a ground of affirmation.

Funny you mention that, I've noticed that exact thing in the AFL at times. EVen on BF on the North Board years ago when someone was comparing Goldy and Maj.

Goodes mentioned something similar a few years ago about how differently Aboriginal players are described compared to non-Aboriginal players.

the Cox one was very stiff.

Agree there, that was harsh and should have been given the benefit of doubt which looked like a genuine attempt to pick it up. Anyway moot point now

Agree there, that was harsh and should have been given the benefit of doubt which looked like a genuine attempt to pick it up. Anyway moot point now
All the frees were there and the umps were fairy consistent with it, so that's really all we ask.

I thought the umps were pretty good overall.

Funny you mention that, I've noticed that exact thing in the AFL at times. EVen on BF on the North Board years ago when someone was comparing Goldy and Maj.
It’s subconscious almost certainly, but does feed into things like remuneration, opportunities, interpretation of poor form, and life after football such as coaching and management pathways.

All the frees were there and the umps were fairy consistent with it, so that's really all we ask.

I thought the umps were pretty good overall.
Pies were slow learners last night. Deliberate was obviously the rule of the week and adjustments should have been made. Was harsh but consistent. Just the majority were against the Pies

Pies were slow learners last night. Deliberate was obviously the rule of the week and adjustments should have been made. Was harsh but consistent. Just the majority were against the Pies
State of the game, Collingwood players were tired, Sydney were on the charge and the Collingwood players wanted it out, the frees were there.

State of the game, Collingwood players were tired, Sydney were on the charge and the Collingwood players wanted it out, the frees were there.

Truth be told I want deliberate out of bounds to be more strictly enforced, not just the kicks that go out of bounds but I am tired of seeing players "fumble" the ball over the line. We all know what they are doing and I wish the AFL would change the rule so that is called deliberate too.

Yeah agree, the Moore one was deliberate but the Cox one was very stiff.

It’s just the same old issue with the AFL umpiring and that is why is every game umpired completely differently?

Last night for example was a wet/slippery night, therefore there could be a bit of leniency on some calls. But obviously the umps in their pre game brief were always going to go hard at that all night. And I suppose having 35k screaming fans hanging over the fences helps a little too.
I think a simple last touch rule like in basketball would simplify things. Accident or not, the team who puts it out loses possession. There is the question of players deliberately bouncing it off the oppo player, but overall I think it's worth it.

I think a simple last touch rule like in basketball would simplify things. Accident or not, the team who puts it out loses possession. There is the question of players deliberately bouncing it off the oppo player, but overall I think it's worth it.

The problem with last touch out of bounds is so often it is really hard to tell who touched it last.

It was almost a mirror image of the 2022 PF. In this game Sydney looked like they were cruising in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, a bit like Collingwood in the PF, and turned into beast mode in the last quarter. Collingwood almost came back from over 30 if I recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit where credit is due. Every now and again a great player lifts himself to another level and drags the
rest of the team along with him and they all lift. Heeney in the last quarter was incredible. Even McRae said
he'd never seen anything like it. Though I'm sure Pendles and Daicos have probably done the same thing
at other games and it's helped Collingwood pull off an unlikely win. Whether this win means we are officially
"back" I don't know. Brisbane and the Dogs look pretty good at the moment, and it's hard to discount GWS
when they get on a roll.

It was almost a mirror image of the 2022 PF. In this game Sydney looked like they were cruising in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, a bit like Collingwood in the PF, and turned into beast mode in the last quarter. Collingwood almost came back from over 30 if I recall.
Yep, we fell over the line in the Prelim in 22 and were spent come GF day. Just like GWS in 2019 after they won that
Prelim. It happens.

The absolute pure cope from the Pies coach re: missed 50 metre penalty.

Do you know how many games Collingwood has won by less than a goal due to the rub of the green? Delusional down at that club.
Did he blame the decision for losing the game?

If you think he did, you heard it different from what I heard, he was asked a question and gave an honest answer.

He also said Sydney deserved to win.

The absolute pure cope from the Pies coach re: missed 50 metre penalty.

Do you know how many games Collingwood has won by less than a goal due to the rub of the green? Delusional down at that club.
Agree. Cox jumps over the mark is a clear 50 not given. Not forgetting we can kick a metre past the boundry and somehow still be in play. So the pies did get the rub of the green really

he did "briefly", he forgot to stop in the process and looks like he panicked thinking he was almost out of time. Cant blame him though, sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesnt

The following footage shows it in more clarity

That's 50 metre penalty every day of the week.

But seriously, did Fly then claim to have invented the 'comeback' in football?

Delusional.

I said it a while ago, this guy's thing is going to get so old, so fast, if the Pies keep middling/sliding next year.

That's 50 metre penalty every day of the week.

But seriously, did Fly then claim to have invented the 'comeback' in football?

Delusional.

I said it a while ago, this guy's thing is going to get so old, so fast, if the Pies keep middling/sliding next year.
Do you people even listen to what he said?

He didn't say what you are claiming at all.

He said, we comeback better than we defend and it's starting to be a trend.

Really, you only hear what you want to, I think that's called adhd or something isn't it?

Really, you only hear what you want to, I think that's called adhd or something isn't it?
Everyone in this room knows exactly what he was alluding to.

“We started some stuff a couple of years ago that makes it really hard to hold a lead. You know, if you take enormous risks, and credit to Sydney, they really got their game going from contests.”

Really?

“We started some stuff a couple of years ago that makes it really hard to hold a lead. You know, if you take enormous risks, and credit to Sydney, they really got their game going from contests.”

Really?
Yeah really.
He is talking about how he changed our game plan.

If had of said we started kicking it long to our tall forwards (Carlton) do you think that means he made it up (1st to do it)?

Like I said, I think it's called adhd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back