Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit where credit is due. Steele Sidebottom was superb playing on Gulden and for the majority keeping him checked.

I dunno. Ask Carlton supporters. They were talking dynasties and best Carlton list in its history at both the start of last and this season. Still haven't achieved a premiership.

Massive toss bags.
Yeah, not sure about the Carlton stuff, but they are pretty good at jumping the gun, but they have been waiting along time. They won’t go close this season though.

Pendles & Sidey are 2 x premiership players so I’d say they’d both be fairly content should they retire tomorrow

He became the biggest tosser years ago..
When the pies lost at the SCG in the 2022 prelim, McRae complained about the travel and the size of the SCG, He also complained about the crowd booing Ginnavin for ducking (cheating) - The AFL change the rules of the game due to the way Ginnavin would draw free kicks (cheat).
This is there only game away from the MCG since round 16
Whinging, entitled little prick
He’s actually an interesting commentator on the games. Worth listening too.

That non 50 against McCartin gets paid every week i conceded defeat when he ran about 20m over the mark.

Thats the umpire weekly lottery i suppose.

Yep except the Pies & their fans don’t complain when it falls their way including at the MCG so maybe they should just STFU instead of whinging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Heeney fella goes ok.

Hats off to Darcy Cameron as well.

SCG looked beautiful last night. It got LOUD in the last qtr.

Thought Will Hayward was sneaky good.

Brave of McRae to admit that they are used to receiving preferential umpiring at the MCG.

Yep, I wish we got 15 or 16 games a year at the SCG and the GF was played there every year. Regardless of
whether McRae was having a whine or an attack of honesty, we've all seen it a million times.
Umpires going with the flow and paying free kicks responding to tens of thousands of fans baying for them.
No mention from him of the ridiculous double goal in the first quarter the Pies got handed though.
At the game it just looked like Collingwood put the cue in the rack with about 12 mins to go, and the Swans
sensed it and lifted, with Heeney and Warner leading from the front. Heeney was off the charts in the last
quarter. Probably the best quarter of footy he has ever played. Just amazing.

Yep, I wish we got 15 or 16 games a year at the SCG and the GF was played there every year. Regardless of
whether McRae was having a whine or an attack of honesty, we've all seen it a million times.
Umpires going with the flow and paying free kicks responding to tens of thousands of fans baying for them.
No mention from him of the ridiculous double goal in the first quarter the Pies got handed though.
At the game it just looked like Collingwood put the cue in the rack with about 12 mins to go, and the Swans
sensed it and lifted, with Heeney and Warner leading from the front. Heeney was off the charts in the last
quarter. Probably the best quarter of footy he has ever played. Just amazing.
Yep agree with all of this.

That non 50 against McCartin gets paid every week i conceded defeat when he ran about 20m over the mark.

The only thing I can think of as to why it wasnt called a 50 was that the Pies player moved quickly off the mark, opting to play on when McCartin had not returned to the mark position, ump then has to call play on. Had he stopped on the mark and McCartin continued, then you have a clear case of a 50m. Split second decision that could have gone either way.

The only thing I can think of as to why it wasnt called a 50 was that the Pies player moved quickly off the mark, opting to play on when McCartin had not returned to the mark position, ump then has to call play on. Had he stopped on the mark and McCartin continued, then you have a clear case of a 50m. Split second decision that could have gone either way.
100%.

I think if McStay took a second or 2, or even pointed to the mark , it may of been paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back