Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Demons v Lions Thurs April 11th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Van Rooyen's marking ability is become a real concern. Can't mark anything these days.

Nothing went right that half. Ball not bouncing for Petty, ball bouncing at right angles for Tholstrup, Howes hitting the post. and a horrendous umpire gift goal to McLuggage.

Brisbane all over us though.

I thought there was some legitimately good signs for North despite the otherwise poor performance. Comben was very impressive in particular.

Has looked like the Lions have had a real point to prove the last two weeks.
Comben is probably the one we want most to make it. Has a ton of talent but hasn't had a good run due to injuries. We need 2 of him, 1 each at both ends of the ground.

Billings could have been anything but kinda wound up being nothing.
Saw him get 30 and kick 5 v Carlton once and hardly saw him on the field. Absolutely no presence.
You are correct could have been very good but turned out to be marginally better than Jimmy Toumpas.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Van Rooyen's marking ability is become a real concern. Can't mark anything these days.

Nothing went right that half. Ball not bouncing for Petty, ball bouncing at right angles for Tholstrup, Howes hitting the post. and a horrendous umpire gift goal to McLuggage.

Brisbane all over us though.

How funny was McLuggage’s delayed reaction?

Best half of footy for us since the first half against the blues. Hopefully we’ve…learnt some lessons

Dees a bit more animated last 5 mins.
I'm hoping they smash it up after half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown still getting a game?
Surely Melbourne have somebody in the reserves,

We are seeing 2-3 goal halves far too often. There is something broken in the sport.

By good teams as well. It’d be different if we’re seeing it from bottom four teams but too many top 8-10 teams are putting up shocking quarters/halves/games of footy from a scoring perspective.

I think this game was 13-12 or similar at the halfway point of the first quarter. So we’ve seen less than 40 points collectively from both teams in the next 1.5 quarters of footy. In absolutely perfect conditions on a big ground.

I don’t know if it’s good defense, poor offense, conservative gameplans or a combination of several factors. But it’s ****ing boring to watch.

Ben Brown is the biggest pony in the afl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Demons v Lions Thurs April 11th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Back