Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Pies v Port Sat April 20th 1:45pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port can never seem to beat the good teams
That's why when we were up by 5 goals it felt like 1, because I know how weak minded these campaigners are. Fold like a deck of cards any time they face adversity. It's the ken way 'someones gotta lose' mentality.

Where is this Port goat midfield I keep hearing about all year ? They might be goat flat track bully midfield , as soon as the finals pressure comes they vanish
Yes exactly this is what we’ve been trying to tell people about Hinkley

He can’t get a team to stand up in big games we just lose them all

Yes exactly this is what we’ve been trying to tell people about Hinkley

He can’t get a team to stand up in big games we just lose them all
Resting Dixon and playing Sloliodolobbop in the forward line was a masterstroke.

Another bias take, Port currently are only 1 free kick behind at 15-16 against Collingwood and of course it's the umpires fault Collingwood have had 29 scoring shots to Port's 14. I swear every time Port lose Port fans always blame the umpires, even when the free kick count is just about even.
Seriously, I just said Pies have only had 2 since, so obviously it would close up, the point is, they got a momentum swinging run when it was required.

You sure about that?
Yep. Port haven't fired a shot after dominating the first 35 minutes. This is much worse than a side that gets outclassed from the start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to disagree this is the most embarrassing loss in recent years, actually.

To just fold.

Maybe 1989 Brisbane Bears beating Carlton. There are upsets and just naked embarrassments.

Call it whatever you like, its an undeniable trend.
I deny it is a trend. If Port were any good they would have wrestled back the momentum.
After every goal, they had the opportunity. They stood there and let 12 goals to one occur.
It is a piss poor excuse.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seriously, I just said Pies have only had 2 since, so obviously it would close up, the point is, they got a momentum swinging run when it was required.
Collingwood pressured Port for ages, Collingwood were even messing up kicking behinds keeping Port in front, the umpires were irrelevant. And according to your logic, the momentum shift should be swaying Port's way for a comeback if it's all about umpires giving teams that are losing frees.

Back