Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - North v Suns Sat July 6th 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. Even had a team mate begging for it. You take your chances in the middle or you guarantee a loss chip kicking it off to the boundary. Chose the gauranteed loss.

View attachment 2040373
there is literally a North player standing 2 meters away from him

Good job, thought we'd win today, not for any other reason than we're playing some good footy & GC are still building their squad, they'll be hard to beat in a couple of seasons.
I chose to trust North today mostly because of how close they pushed Melbourne and Collingwood. The effort and improvement was there, they just needed the right opposition. And Gold Coast are not good away from home.

there is literally a North player standing 2 meters away from him
So what? I said take your chances, with that little time left you had possession meaning you still had a chance to win it down the middle and back your team mates to get it. He chose a safe kick to a player off to the side and in turn any chance to win the game was instantly lost.

Reckon that's it for the Suns in 2024. Ainsworth missed a fairly simple set shot late in the game. Spent most of the game playing catchup and that is tough to do away from home. North unlucky not to win the last 2 games before today, but lucky to win today despite dominating possession for most of the game.

Good game in the end.

And congrats to North on a great win. :thumbsu:

Have turned a corner in recent weeks, look a completely different side.

Told you the win vs West Coast wouldn’t be the last of the season, and the same can be said today - you’ll win a few more.

Sheezel, a superstar already.

So there's two different points here. One is the narrative that we CAN'T win away from home and the other is that we struggle playing on the road. Both are true at the moment but if we win today then the narrative of not being able to win away dies because it's simply not true anymore.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Good game in the end.

Told you the win vs West Coast wouldn’t be the last of the season, and the same can be said today - you’ll win a few more.

North are a much better team on paper than they have been playing. It just takes a while to shift from.their focus on tanking for picks to trying to win. Hopefully we see the old North that was respected by all more consistently.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

North are a much better team on paper than they have been playing. It just takes a while to shift from.their focus on tanking for picks to trying to win. Hopefully we see the old North that was respected by all more consistently.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still have a fair way to go, but there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel.

And it’s not a train speeding in the opposite direction.

A fantastic win, but it is only a win, and it was only the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game in the end.

Form line since the bye is a team that is solidly mid table to my eye. Next year will be interesting as I'd have 3-4 of our best players today under the age of 21 come Round 1 with more talent to come in.

Form line since the bye is a team that is solidly mid table to my eye. Next year will be interesting as I'd have 3-4 of our best players today under the age of 21 come Round 1 with more talent to come in.
Once Warlord gets back in that midfield it's gonna be tough to beat.

Once Warlord gets back in that midfield it's gonna be tough to beat.
They're getting in winning positions at the moment by dominating the contest with a pretty young group. Next step will be doing that even when just scraping by in the middle. Personally I think we've finally turned the ship even though obviously there will still be disappointments.

Enjoy the win North fans.
It's been a long time between drinks, but the worm is turning slowly. You wouldn't have a North fan not celebrating today after the last few years we have had.

Back