Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Lions v Suns Sun May 5th 7:10pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey I'm sure if more Melbourne fans show up to the games, you guys could create better atmospheres as well.
Brisbane fans lecturing others on crowds is funny.
If there was a gold medal for front runners Queensland would win it in every sport

If there was a gold medal for front runners Queensland would win it in every sport
I'm from Melbourne, I very much enjoy the games against the Demons at the MCG. Always funny walking around and seeing almost the same amount of Lions support as the home team.

Geez we were brave beyond belted but what does that show us about the Suns?

They’ll never get us served up like a platter at the Gabba like they did tonight and they got absolutely wiped off the ground.

Zorko getting the Medal would rub salt into the Gold Coast wounds.

Missed opportunity for the Goldy. Don’t think they have taken the next step which I expected them to this season. Being young can only be an excuse for so long as they have some brilliant players playing great football.

Obviously plenty of improvement left but I’d love to see it soon.

I'm from Melbourne, I very much enjoy the games against the Demons at the MCG. Always funny walking around and seeing almost the same amount of Lions support as the home team.
Boom!
Peace Out Mic Drop GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gabba has a bit of MLS/NBA about it
In a bad way

Demons have the most soulless unflavoured yoghurt fan base in the entire state of Victoria and it’s not even close, and you’re definitely a national contender. At least the Crows have some apricot slice.

How surprising to see Dees fans salting up another Lions match thread though. You’re single-handedly solving the housing crisis with the amount of rent-free accommodation on offer in your heads

gold coast giving us a free dayne zorko the gift that keeps on giving

imagine how good for their brand and club culture it would be to have a local boy start as an inaugural player and be a club legend, captain, b&f winner etc.

probably the single biggest list management blunder in their long list of them

gold coast giving us a free dayne zorko the gift that keeps on giving

imagine how good for their brand and club culture it would be to have a local boy start as an inaugural player and be a club legend, captain, b&f winner etc.

probably the single biggest list management blunder in their long list of them

No sporting team has worked on the Gold Coast. They are a holiday destination and the people that go to play on teams that exist there, go there for a holiday.. not to play their sport as an elite athlete.

Nah. As you say, all uncontested cheapies and no damage. A Dimma masterstroke it seems.
I dont think he influenced the game much. other than chewing up time and keeping the ball out of gold coasts hands. But no doubt Hardwick thought the same hence leaving him open the entire game getting the cheap stuff.It was basically Sam Flanders but for Brisbane.

Don’t you Melbourne spuds spit on your own players as they run off after poor performances

I dont think he influenced the game much. other than chewing up time and keeping the ball out of gold coasts hands. But no doubt Hardwick thought the same hence leaving him open the entire game getting the cheap stuff.It was basically Sam Flanders but for Brisbane.
Seemed to work though.

It's kind of funny, though, accusing Zorko of not being a damaging kick. He is one of the most aggressive kicks in the game. Even at this late stage of his career.

Fair win by the Lions, I would've been interested to see how many injuries they needed to cop for the Suns to have a crack. I'm thinking at least 6.
It's an excellent point. Watching that it felt like the Lions would have held them at bay even if they only had 14-15 players out on the ground including one less at the CBAs.

Back